Sehs Route Questions Before Live Stream

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by max1313, Aug 19, 2022.

1. max1313

max1313 Active Member

I figure to start a thread for questions that we might have so they can hopefully have answers and be better prepared for the stream?
    My question is how many total services in the timetable mode? Can you please break it down for each locomotive?
    How many total AI services?
    Hope this helps

• Like Like x 1
  2. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

I found it surprising that they didnt have to hand the number of playable services on SKW tbh

• Like Like x 1
  3. DTG Matt

DTG Matt Executive Producer Staff Member

Because the figure isnt currently shown in the UI (being fixed) we dont have the playable count either - the only count we get from building it is the total count including AI and portal services, which is not a useful figure (e.g. Brighton is about 4,500 total services vs about 1,400 playable, and there's no fixed ratio you can apply - WSR is 100% playable, Kassel's is something like 1,800 total and about 200 or 300 playable if I recall - but i'll get a proper value on that so don't hold me to it :) )

• Like Like x 7
    • Helpful Helpful x 3
  4. Have dtg touched up all the areas that look nothing like what they do in real life?

• Like Like x 2
  5. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

I know theres new freight and thats great, but is the Hoo Junction scenery updated. The yard from SEHS tsw2 needed quite a transformation I thought.

6. pinxtonpaws

pinxtonpaws Well-Known Member

Does adaptive lighting also work when you're driving from direct sunlight into areas that are completely immersed in shadows (ie, do shaded areas get brighter as your eyes adjust)? Or is it a feature specifically designed for tunnels?

If no 100% guaranteed solution is found for the game save issue what happens next?

7. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Can owners of the Huddersfield Line NTP WCML Liverpool to Crewe run their locomotives as railtour or not?

8. JayTG123

JayTG123 Active Member

* copied & pasted from a previous forum thread again for visibility *

SEHS issues that need to be looked at:
    (if they haven’t already ofc)
    • Tunnel lighting needs fixing (I remember Matt said on preview day / day 1 release stream that this would be looked into)
    • Scenery needs looking into / upgraded around entire route.
    • 375 PIS way to big - needs updating to BML spec. (Believe to be fixed)
    • Rush Hour passengers ?
    • St Pancras looks to bare, station looks great but is empty other than SE 395's. (Believe a couple of TGV’s have been added? - would be nice if the Eurostar Section had TGV’s coming in and out at all times inc unloading and loading of passengers)
    • PIS at the stations doesn't list all calling at stations... eg: Dover Priory trains: On the PIS at stations is says calling at, Stratford International, Ebbsfleet International and Dover Priory? (Should be Stratford International, Ebbsfleet International, Ashford International, Folkestone West, Folkestone Central and Dover Priory) Not sure on the other routes ?
    • Dartford Crossing way to small and looks too far away? (Might just be me)
    • What happened outside Stood Station? I get its not in view when driving a train but cmon - little tidy up would be nice. At least finish the roads and footpaths.
    • Same for Rainham station, car park appears to be just mud / soil.
    • Same for Sittingbourne station, car park not finished, surrounding road next to the roundabout not finished and cars are floating. (I know this is not within the station but its just outside the station - kills the atmosphere / immersion)
    • Platform number signs directly Infront of PIS screens at stations... surely not like that in the real world.
    • Incorrect walls used on the HS1 section (fixed by mods for PC) but would be nice for console players.
    • Edit: Ashford International screenshots + Hitachi Depot looks really good! I hope the visible adjacent M20 has been reproduced for the route from Ebbsfleet - Ashford with sufficient lorries & cars + the surrounding approach to Ashford International (Ashford Town) has been recreated somewhat.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2022
  9. smugstarlord#4202

smugstarlord#4202 Well-Known Member

Why can't we have an option to but TSW3 with just the US and German routes if you already own SEHS and the loco DLC your upgrading for free? This has been asked numerous times and you failed to answer it on the Q&A stream the other day

• Like Like x 2
  10. seancrabtree2003

seancrabtree2003 Active Member

Will Northfleet freight line be used,

Suggestion
    pre record clips
    Ashford depot time-lapse
    Hoo junction
    Decoupling
    Small drive in snow

• Like Like x 1
  11. tbaac

tbaac Well-Known Member

What answer are you expecting? (I have SEHS, SOS and the 465. I can either buy the Standard Edition for £40 or choose to not have the one of the new US or German routes and save a tenner; I went for the Standard Edition).

12. eldomtom2

eldomtom2 Well-Known Member

I wouldn't want TGVs there all the time. I can somewhat buy one as a test run, but a full service of them just to make St Pancras busier would ruin the route for me.

• Like Like x 1
  13. fakenham

fakenham Well-Known Member

Is there a possibility of incorporating realistic UK speed signs (correct font)?... The German rotues/Bakerloo have them, TSC has them so hopefully this will be sorted for SEHS, or if not, the next UK route. A small but important and immersive change, for detail sticklers like me anyway!

14. AirbourneAlex

AirbourneAlex Well-Known Member

There should be an option to toggle on/off non-native layers on routes. Seeing TGVs at St Pancras will make my eyes bleed (sorry to sound pedantic but as someone who regularly travels on this route in real life it seems too bizarre having trains from different regions and eras appearing in the game - somewhat ruining the illusion so-to-speak).

• Like Like x 2
  15. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

That’s exactly what you get with the standard edition.

16. In a eurostar livery I wouldn't nind them. On a run from St Pancras to Ashford in rl your hardley ever see one anyway.

• Like Like x 2
  17. tbaac

tbaac Well-Known Member

Ah, but smugstarlord#4202 is saying that they want it to be cheaper because they are only getting 2 new routes (plus training centre and the new features).
    New players will get 3 new routes, smugstarlord#4202 will only get 2, therefore "Give me a discount".
    I don't think the pricing is that bad (although it is a shame that it is £5 to £10 more expensive across the board that previously).

18. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

Bless!

19. seancrabtree2003

seancrabtree2003 Active Member

U can just have the lgv route not installed

• Like Like x 2
  20. AirbourneAlex

Installing and uninstalling routes individually each time just to hide layers isn't exactly practical

• Like Like x 1
  21. JayTG123

JayTG123 Active Member

True, but for me surely it’s better than to have something rather than an empty station?

• Like Like x 2
  22. AirbourneAlex

If there's the option to toggle it on/off, then it satisfies both opinions (that's probably more complex to implement than it sounds).
    I get they add semi-fictional layers for additional gameplay/interest in a route, but sometimes it might go too far?

• Like Like x 2
  23. smugstarlord#4202

Did I say "give me a discount"? I'm just asking why isn't there an option for that?

24. smugstarlord#4202

Lol

25. Irish Train sim

Irish Train sim Well-Known Member

It’s perfectly practical, if you don’t like it, uninstall it, it’s practically a toggle off button.

• Helpful Helpful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  26. AirbourneAlex

Which is ok if you don't mind redownloading DLC each time you want to play them. IMO an option in-game to toggle on/off layers would be far more convenient (no redownloading, it simply hides those layers in the timetable).

• Like Like x 1
  27. DTG Matt

DTG Matt Executive Producer Staff Member

I believe the TGV is a seasonal thing that only occurs in one month (i'll confirm that) and it's literally 2 trains in the day, so the majority of the time you won't see it anyway (i've yet to see it myself). Toggling layers in-game is certainly something i'd like to see too.

• Like Like x 6
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  28. Will these services be in a make belive eurostar livery please?

29. JustWentSouth

JustWentSouth Well-Known Member

Will it be driveable? I would love to take a run in the SEHS timetable. I love all the surprises Joe works into timetables.

• Like Like x 1
  30. Irish Train sim

Yeah but realistically, how often do you play the LGV route? Hell, I only bought it in Playstation sale last week for £5, ahead of the SEHS remake. If I don’t like it, il uninstall, if I do, then il install, simple and no issues. I’ve said it before, some people on here like to complain over very small things, making a mountain out of a mole hill.

31. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

Not really when you have to reinstall it every time. It's quite inconvenient to load up TSW, look for a route and then realise, "oh, right, I uninstalled it" - and then have to wait for it to reinstall.

• Like Like x 2
  32. JustWentSouth

JustWentSouth Well-Known Member

I do recognize the inconvenience and would like to express my gratitude to you for dealing with it so that others can enjoy an LGV run in the SEHS timetable. I am very much looking forward to those runs. I wonder what month we need to select to have the runs be in season.

33. Irish Train sim

You’re right! That does sound like an awful lot of hard work! I get that it’s not perfect and not ideal but it’s a workaround for now. I mean, if all you need to do is sit and wait….no longer than 10/15 minutes…if that.

34. mattchester#9176

mattchester#9176 Well-Known Member

Originally I was hoping this would be a feature of the PS5 DLC fix but since it's now going to be transparent (which i great!), we won't get this side benefit.

Would be great to see in future though.

35. Tigert1966

Tigert1966 Well-Known Member

You get used to it on Playstation 5 - Installing and uninstalling is part of the daily routine until the fix arrives :-(

• Like Like x 1
  36. Irish Train sim

You’re right, I have all layers for BML and Koln Aachen installed and that works for me, including 187. Not one layer missing for both routes, don’t need anything else :) for now at least!

37. orb

orb Well-Known Member

On PC there will probably be a mod for this a couple of days after the release (i.e. for no TGV at SEHS and not for adding a toggle option in the game settings).

38. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

From what I understand this service will only show up in a certain month(s) - so it's just easy enough to play in a different month rather than waste a quarter of a hour reinstalling a DLC.

• Like Like x 1
  39. 2martens

2martens Well-Known Member

While there is not an option for German and US without UK, you can just buy the US/German version on launch day (sadly not before) and get SEHS, 465, and (if you own it) Spirit of Steam for free on launch day. The US/German route will likely be available separately to purchase post launch. It wouldn't make much sense to lock some players out of a route for all time because they chose a different edition.

Therefore, choose German or US edition and buy the other route separately when it is available (for an as of yet unknown price). Whether that is cheaper than buying the standard edition, I do not know.