London Victoria - Dartford Via Slade Green, Barnehurst & Crayford (early 1990's Nse)

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by RedBandit#9000, Aug 11, 2022.

1. RedBandit#9000

RedBandit#9000 Member

Introduction

Hello and this is my route suggestion of a Metro style route based in London with third Rail. I know, another third rail route. But I think that if this was done in the early or late 90's, it would do quite well.

The route is roughly 30 Miles with 27 stations on the route, today it is served with Class 465, Class 376 or Class 375, but I think this route would really benefit from non-modern rolling stock, I think this route should come with the Class 415 & Class 465

(Rolling stock: Class 465)

The Class 465 'Networker' was built between 1991 and 1994 by three different companies, BREL, ABB & Metro Cammell
    Some of the Class 465/2 was heavily modified in 2005 at Doncaster leading to a handful of changes, being reclassified as Class 465/9.

I think that the 465/2 465/1 and 465/0 (/1 and /0 are similar) should be included in this route. A breath of fresh air from the Electrostar family in the South East we see all too common in the Southern routes.
    [​IMG]

(Rolling Stock: Class 415)

The Class 415 'EPB' was introduced in the Early 50's and is part of the 3rd rail slam door family, these were ordered by the Southern Railway (SR) These were the main stable of some London routes, and lasted all the way to 1995 where they met their end. I think all sub-classes should be reconstructed in TSW3
    [​IMG]

|Main track out of Victoria|

Victoria
    Denmark Hill
    Peckham Rye (Please can we get a Peckham Spring Water reference please)
    Nunhead
    Lewisham

|Top branch|
    Blackheath
    Charlton
    Woolwich Dockyard
    Woolwich Arsenal
    Plumstead
    Abbey Wood
    Belvedere
    Erith
    Slade Green (lots of cool stuff there)

|Middle Branch|
    Blackheath
    Kidbrooke
    Eltham
    Falconwood
    Welling
    Bexleyheath
    Barnehurst

|Bottom Branch|
    Hither Green
    Lee
    Mottingham
    New Eltham
    Sidcup
    Albany Park
    Bexley
    Crayford
    All routes continue to Dartford where the route ends

27 stations
    30.4 Miles of track covered in this route
    Blackheath - Barnehurst is 6.4 miles
    Blackheath - Slade Green is 8 miles
    Hither Green - Crayford is 8 miles
    24.4 Miles on Branching Lines

• Like Like x 1
  2. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Not sure the slam door stock stayed on the NKL in the 90s... I was using that route from Gravesend to CHX as a commute and I'm certain the only time we saw slamdoor was on the CML from Rochester and KML from Hither Green inwards.
    The whole route was 465/466s until the 376 came on stream in 2005 or so

Would love the NKL, but think the rest of the country needs some love too. Get the Sprinters and Pacers sprinkled liberally about as much as the networkers and electrostars

• Like Like x 2
  3. matt#4801

matt#4801 Well-Known Member

Agreed, there is much more to England than the southeast and electrostars which needs to be represented in game.

• Like Like x 1
  4. RedBandit#9000

RedBandit#9000 Member

Thanks for that, I thought it was the 1990's.

5. Veryfatbloke

Veryfatbloke Member

The class 415s were still running from Gravesend to London when I started commuting in 1990. I remember that platform 6 at London Bridge had to be extended to accommodate the 465s. I'm not quite sure when they were withdrawn but Wikipedia suggests that the 465s came into service in December 1992. The 415's were definitely running in the infamous "wrong type of snow" bad weather in December 1991. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_wrong_type_of_snow

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  6. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Maybe early 90s. The networkers were rolling out in 1992, I didn't move to the area to 97. The little loco boards on the fence at Dartford station said 92 for the networkers as well

7. Tay95

Tay95 Well-Known Member

Love this, even in today's age

8. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

I would like to see this route be added , but much preferably in the modern day

9. seandouglas

seandouglas Active Member

Same here, but would definitely be open to a "retro" pack with NSE slammers!

10. smudge3161

smudge3161 New Member

There is more than enough trains in the south of England, we need more trains outside of London like, WCML, ECML, Merseyrail, etc.

• Like Like x 2
  11. seandouglas

seandouglas Active Member

True, but it's a suggestion and if we do get another route in the SE this would still be something a bit different as it's very much a metro "start-stop" route with interesting rolling stock. I do agree the North is neglected and would love to see more DLCs North of Watford :D