Tsw 3 - Brakemodes P/g/r - German Rolling Stock

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by meridian#2659, Aug 21, 2022.

1. meridian#2659

meridian#2659 Well-Known Member

I open this thread to discuss the brakemodes as features of TSW 3. All new german routes since Rush Hour Dresden have the well upgraded / advanced selectable brake modes (p_g_r_rmg etc) on german stock.

Since for me the feature list covers a good bunch of things to call it a big core update, i still think its at the minimum for name it a successor (tsw3).

So from my point of view, upgrading the brake mods on all older routes and stock (even usa) would give the entire customerbase a real reason for buy it, rather just getting visual upgrades.

So what you think? Schnellfahrtstrecke köln achen was confirmed to release for tsw 3 from the begin, so from my point of view without the updated brakemodes TSW3 starts already with 2 different versions of the exact same dostos

For me this means a missed opportunity to bring all versions of the same kind of rolling stock now to 1 upgraded standard.

Screenshot_20220821-142111_Chrome.jpg 20220805_191736.jpg

Or did i miss something?

Last edited: Aug 21, 2022
    • Like Like x 3
  2. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

I'd rather just see all locos to have working LZB before this.
    Plus different brake modes has the potential to affect timetables and even break the AI dispatcher which is made out of thin ice, so for that reason alone I doubt we'll ever see this upgrade on older routes, sorry to say

• Like Like x 1
  3. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

The AI trains won't be affected by this. Their simplistic AI doesn't take brake modes into account.

• Like Like x 2
  4. meridian#2659

meridian#2659 Well-Known Member

Well it affects the lzb as well, now they have a successor and to keep the variety DTG has to import all old versions of all different kind of stock.

I just think this was the opportunity for upgrading those old routes & stock as well. For the features we get now, a big core update under TSW2 would be enough. However, i like the idea of the test track & training center.