Snow Effect Strobe Bug? Tsw3

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by chieflongshin, Aug 21, 2022.

1. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

Just spotted this which someone had mentioned on Facebook. Please tell me this isn't another release now, fix at an undefined point....

Watch the snow kick up strobe at the side of the train,
    It then looks like it's the bridge as the far side appears to flash when train goes past

https://fb.gg/v/f2jbiLbreq/

• Like Like x 4
  2. Princess Entrapta

Princess Entrapta Well-Known Member

Aw, not quite the right kind of strobing for me to make the joke about DTG promising to deliver moire weather effects in TSW3.
    Oof though. Watching that loop twice started me feeling like I got when watching spiderverse.

3. CrAzZyKiLLa

CrAzZyKiLLa Well-Known Member

I dont know why they would share that on FB as from the stream on Thursday it was shown again and was said to of been improved, I'm just guessing the FB video is now old footage which was qued up that or we really havnt seen a good enough preview of the new effect yet.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  4. chieflongshin

5. mariussoare_84

mariussoare_84 Well-Known Member

Pardon the off topic, please.
    Is it only my impression or the smoke from the steam locomotives in SoS is only white?
    There seems to be no difference between it and the steam coming out of the pistons. Depending on effort, the color should vary from white to very dark, right?

6. chieflongshin

Always white yes, doesn't darken under loAd :|

7. Haribo112

Haribo112 Well-Known Member

They did say it was improved on stream, but to prove that they showed a new video where it was still bad.

• Like Like x 1
  8. CrAzZyKiLLa

CrAzZyKiLLa Well-Known Member

Yes exhaust smoke should differ in colour based on whats being burned,I.e more black when coal just added to indicate burning carbon. It was stated during SoS preview that smoke does not change colour. I cant remember though if it was said that this would come in the future, hopefully it does with the full manual firing mode, as smoke colour is a good indication of when more coal is required.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Lokomotiv

Lokomotiv Active Member

Looks like the particle effects are despawned without fading out. They're fading in quite nicely so it should be possible to do the same thing in the ending? Bold move by DTG posting that clip as they should know by now that things like these will not go unnoticed :o

• Like Like x 2
  10. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

Even in the Thursday snippet, the strobe effect is visible in the ICE 3 passing shot (1:34:24). The camera in those bits of the video covers it up (follows the train or makes fast moves), but I don't think it has been fixed, seems like every car of the consist resets the effect.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Kitten

Kitten Active Member

Video link no longer available.