PlayStation Stations

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Darren Vidamour, Oct 5, 2018.

1. Darren Vidamour

Darren Vidamour New Member

Hi Newbie here..

Bought the game a few days ago as an alternative to fifa, cod, battlefield etc and quite enjoying it to be honest! Had a few comments from the lads basically wounding me for not getting fifa this year but something sedate for me now hence TSW!

Anyhow, been looking through the forums and graphics are a common complaint here and I have to agree on some part. I’m running a PS4 Pro and there is a lot of potential here for this game to look sweet but draw distance and object textures just look ps3 like. But for me, as the title says, the stations just feel completely lifeless and take away that proper sim feeling.

Yes the stations that are remote I don’t expect to be like Paddington but surely these can be populated a lot more with people and animated objects. The time also taken to load passengers seems too long in my opinion and can impact timings.

I really hope this continues to grow and be supported fully and one day having graphics like top aaa titles.

• Like Like x 1
  2. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

Welcome!

Yes, I find Reading especially dead at any time of day when you arrive there. Bit weird really

There are a few bods knocking about on the West Somerset Railway though so that at least has some life

• Like Like x 1
  3. Caineth

Caineth Member

Welcome to the forums! Yepp, the stations definitely feel a bit empty... just adding a few extra people would make a huge difference. I suppose it's a performance issue, but I'm willing to cut down a few trees around the stations to make this happen. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  4. Dave Mel

Dave Mel Well-Known Member

I find TSW a lifeless world. No imagination whatsoever

• Like Like x 2
  5. dannyjpj

dannyjpj Member

I think DTG have mainly focused on getting the trains themselves looking great (which they have done to great extent) rather than the stations and such. However, on the other hand for the game to feel like an actual simulator which is what we all buy the game for there needs to be great focus on the environment too.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Goooner1

Goooner1 Member

It would be nice if the tracks and fences and other detail was drawn in more than two feet in front of you too :)

• Like Like x 1