PlayStation Exeter To Paignton Or Even Plymouth?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Rob79, Oct 4, 2018.

1. Rob79

Rob79 New Member

Never played a train simulator before. Never thought I would (not owning a gaming PC). So was very curious when noticed this on the market. Only bought it recently after seeing a video online and was suprised to see it was on a console. I took the plunge and bought it, not 100% knowing if it was going to be as good as it looked or wondering if the game would be gathering dust after the 1st week. Did I make the right decision? Yes, its probably the most fun Ive had with any game Ive bought on PS4. That coming from a football fan, bearing in mind Ive only just bought FIFA 19 and TSW is the go to in my spare time still. That said, Im new to this, Ive learned the controls on HST, 66 and 166. Now play with the minimum assistance. Figured out the AWS ( what a pain that was, unless you know that o is the cancel button). Im hoping as many are, for busy stations, more trains, more congested routes. Also hoping, if DTG plan routes with 30 miles or so dev work. A great one for freight and HST would be to master the Exeter to Plymouth, or if too long, then Paignton. Could use the 66 (colas) with the log train (Exeter riverside to Newton abbot) running around the wagons before AI takes it down the branch. EWS 66 with the fuel tanks to Laira. Would need to add 800, 156 GWR or 158 GWR. Dont know how difficult it would be to add 220/221 in crosscountry or just give the livery option to current HST. There would be more stopping, more being alert with signals. mastery of the throttle on the Devon banks and gorgeous scenery. Thanks DTG for a fantastic game.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2018
    • Like Like x 8
  2. Dave Mel

Dave Mel Well-Known Member

Theres 2 very nice steam heritage railways around there/ Dartmouth steam and boat railway that runs from Paignton to Dartmouth. the other one is the South Devon railway which runs from Buckfastleigh to near Paignton. I do thin that they should do the Riviera line or even the AVocet line Exeter to Exmouth. so theres a lot of scenic routes around south devon

• Like Like x 3
  3. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

Agree for Riviera, with a class 40 or 37 ;-)

• Like Like x 5
  4. Canon772

Canon772 Active Member

Riviera route would be great with steam if DTG can ever get steam sorted out.

• Like Like x 2
  5. dannyjpj

dannyjpj Member

You don’t sound very amateur to me lol

• Like Like x 1
  6. Zammy Martínez

Zammy Martínez Active Member

Whats up bro, im also a football guy, but also a train enthusiast so i got this as soon as I randomly saw it advertised and preserved it before it even came out.

I love realism and authenticity, so help me learn this AWS please, or i could without it. Sounds to me like the difference between manual and auto in car driving.

But how comes the game seems to come standard without any aws controls? Only time i had a go at it was in a scenario.

Btw regarding your comments on gettin in more classes on the game and more routes its something i wish they would do, i would defo pay for it (like we have a choice) i also think they should add in the tfl rail/old heathrow connects and the electrostar class 377

• Like Like x 2
  7. Northlander

Northlander Guest

• Like Like x 1
  8. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

Sorry not being ignorant, Havent been able to recover my forum password, hence this one. Basically I can only speak for HST,166 and 66 as they are the ones Ive driven. AWS and DSD are located on the dashbord infront of the second mans seat on HST, for 66 and 166 you will need to open the fuse cabinet behind the drivers seat and switch on. Once active they will sound alerts at various points warning of speed restrictions, junctions and signals. If you get a ping, You can ignore as represents a clear green signal. Amything else and you have to respond by cancelling the alarm either by foot pedal for DSD or pressing the button to your right by the throttle (looks like a quiz buzzer) or you can aknowledge AWS and DSD by pressing the circle button on the PS4 controller. Be sure that you respond quickly (within a couple of seconds) as failure to do so will result in the train performing an emergency stop. So in effect its there to keep the driver alert.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

BR class 50?

Last edited: Oct 14, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  10. EGTESkyGod

EGTESkyGod Member

Any word on whether this route is being developed?

• Like Like x 1
  11. volvolover1972

volvolover1972 Well-Known Member

Why would there be any indication this route is being developed? Plus it already exist in TS19 in many different forms.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

Dont think its likely soon. Not that DTG dont want to make it. They want to do the coastline justice.

• Like Like x 1
  13. volvolover1972

Who knows. DTG don’t really like to communicate future development plans or things that are in development. So anything can happen.

• Like Like x 1
  14. EGTESkyGod

EGTESkyGod Member

Settle down, Champ... just asking a question. Obviously I'm not as well informed as you when it comes to the habits of DTG, or what already exists in games I don't have.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Zammy Martínez

Was thinking the same bro, dont know why people get rude on these things

• Like Like x 2
  16. volvolover1972

Sorry that my post came across that way. I was just trying to prevent any false speculation.

• Like Like x 3
  17. The Grinch

The Grinch New Member

It Would be amazing to see the Exeter to Paignton Line in Train Sim World for all consoles. It would be around 30miles long from Exeter and Paignton. Pasting the English Channel at Dawlish and Teignmouth with the exiting 5 tunnels between Dawlish and Teignmouth on the iconic seawall. I would love to see low tide and hide tide systems in the game . so that you have to drive carefully on the seawall at Dawlish because of high tide and the massive waves hitting the seawall at Dawlish that would be great.

• Like Like x 1
  18. EGTESkyGod

EGTESkyGod Member

Here's a thought... Exeter to Newton Abbot? I'd be happy with even just that section! I really really want to see this route developed and doing a quick search of the forum it seems there are plenty that feel the same. Anyone got any contacts at DTG?

• Like Like x 1
  19. Zammy Martínez

Lol contacts

20. Zammy Martínez

I remember doing that line in real life back in 07’, good memories on the 125s, embarked at Paddington got off in Paignton, on the way back started at newton abbot went to Southampton and ended up in Waterloo #anyroutepermitted