Tsw3 Question For The Devs

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by hells.high.lord666, Aug 18, 2022.

1. hells.high.lord666

hells.high.lord666 Well-Known Member

Are we still going to be chased around the routes by our operations managers asking us if we want to give up control of the route when we have to switch a few sets of points or walk halfway down a steam freight train to let the brakes of the fitted stock because someone decided that unfitted stock goes between the loco and the fitted stock?

2. DTG Protagonist

DTG Protagonist Has left the building Staff Member

Short answer: yes.
    Longer answer: I've seen several comments of this kind and am going to discuss with the professor to see if there's a simple change can be made later.

• Like Like x 1
  3. mattchester#9176

mattchester#9176 Well-Known Member

I guess the issue might be there is currently no other way to surrender a service (that I know of) without reloading the game. I guess you could allow people to change the length of time before the message pops though.

• Like Like x 1
  4. nepclassof84

nepclassof84 Well-Known Member

or better yet change the default value to not surrender the service so I don't accidentally surrender it like what happened on the stream yesterday

5. DTG Matt

DTG Matt Executive Producer Staff Member

The default has been changed to NO - so your "accidental" click now keeps you in charge of the service.

• Like Like x 11
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  6. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Sing hosanna, our prayers have been answered :D

• Like Like x 1
  7. nepclassof84

nepclassof84 Well-Known Member

Can I get an Amen

• Like Like x 1
  8. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

Alex accidentally pressed yes on the stream. Muscle memory I guess but I think you can always clear it with B (controller) or Esc instead of moving the mouse. It's good that the default is now on 'no' because of pressing things with A a lot (like releasing brakes on wagons).

We should be allowed to set a higher limit in the options for this message (it's 2 minutes I believe).

9. Probably the longer you leave a service sitting around the higher the chance the dispatcher will lose it.

Sometimes I've left my service and hoped on another train as a passenger. Then realised the train won't move until I give up my service and that moves along.

If you had to wait 5 mins or more for the prompt all the other services would start running late maybe.

10. hells.high.lord666

hells.high.lord666 Well-Known Member

To surrender a route you press menu and select return to main menu