My Thoughts/concerns With Tsw3

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by ianjpoole, Aug 21, 2022.

1. ianjpoole

ianjpoole Active Member

I think that this game is going to be a bit of a marmite game to be honest before do not get me wrong, it looks decent from the initals, it looks great but I do have concerns but first of all

THE PROS:

The new routes - Now yes, we are getting two and a half (I won't say three because if we are being realistic the new SEHS isn't a new route but it is a new route but it is just an extended new route so isn't really a new route, even though it is) and that should be enough to get everyone a little bit worked up. Before we were getting routes that were a set number of kilometres but now, it seems like they have kicked the door open and we are getting even longer routes so surely, this will open the possibility of when we get DLC for TSW3 of bigger routes in the respective countries

The weather - Now interactive weather isn't new because there was a couple of scenarios in TSW2 (I think one of the ones on the LGV is a great example) but it looks like it has been improved so that you are going to potentially get all seasons in one scenario/timetable depending on what you play so that could be interesting to see when we get into gameplay

THE CONS:

TSW2 - I think we can all agree that TSW2 was good in part but it was good to a point and there are still issues in some of the DLCs of that game that haven't been fixed. What assurances do we have that those have been fixed when we carry them over to TSW3? And what will they look like when we get them onto TSW3? It has been said that we are getting them almost day 1 when we buy the game but we don't know what they are going to look like. Are they still the TSW2 spec? Are they going to be the updated TSW3 spec? Are they going to be fixed? Are they going to be broken? We just don't know and we are, in essence, heading down a blind alleyway with so, sort of, straight answer

PROFILES - This is a big one for me because, I am sure a lot of you as well, have put a lot of time into TSW2 in finding collectibles, completing scenarios, timetables, etc. and whilst I appreciate that it looks like the TSW3 version of the routes are now going to have the trophies for everything, it is a little bit frustrating that our TSW2 profile for the routes won't carry onto the TSW3 version. Some of the more hardcore players have put hundred of hours into the game and will they want to be doing that all over again? Maybe some of them would BUT for the more casual player, I don't think that they would want to do that and would love to see their TSW2 full profile carry onto TSW3. Also, it is a bit vague on the roadmaps, I looked at it and couldn't make head nor tail of it because it was talking about something completely different

THE PRICE - £39.99 for the standard version, £49.99 for the deluxe version but the deluxe version you get Spirit of Steam but some have already paid for Spirit of Steam and it is going to carry over in the free DLC you get so you have to ask if they thought that through? £39.99 for the standard version and when you pre-order you get it four days early, fair enough but in essence, it's £39.99 for the training centre and two new routes, one extended route, is it worth it? Maybe not? Will you still pay it? Probably yeah

So all in all, myself and my brother (who play this game on our Sundays for YouTube), we are in two minds about getting this game because it could work out in the end but I said this with Spirit of Steam, they had to get it right because if they don't, it'll more than likely be the end. I think that it is the same with this game because if it comes out D1 and it is full of bugs, full of issues, that could be it as far as I am concerned. But, if you step back and think about it, they could hit the nail on the head and do something to rebuild the community that they are trying to go with.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. Lenwigg

Lenwigg Well-Known Member

The Deluxe version would be for those that do not already have Spirit Of Steam but would like it. So yeah, I expect they thought it through.

• Like Like x 1
  3. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

How much did people pay for the 3 full routes for Rush Hour last year (UK) £34.99?, an extra £5 for 3 new routes and a route extension and TSW 3. It's not the point in whether people think its a cash grab, whether they think deep down its worth it or not that above is the pure fact of the matter. The choice is yours whether you want to invest anymore time or effort into it really. Dovetail are a business and for a business to survive then they have to keep making money, as soon as they stop making money then they are on the downward spiral to going out of business.

Hentis

4. ianjpoole

ianjpoole Active Member

Yeah, I think it was about that IIRC