Bakerloo Update

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by 20211202, Aug 22, 2022.

1. 20211202

20211202 New Member

TrainSim-Matt Joethefish I wondered if you would be able to confirm whether the Bakerloo that will be available with TSW3 upon release will include the upgraded timetable and the additions that are intended to come with it?

• Like Like x 5
  2. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

I do hope so…… it’s over a year now since I believe I paid for it.

957B1167-34A6-4811-AD8E-1255E93DA8C8.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
  3. Jannerdunk

Jannerdunk Well-Known Member

I am sure a busier timetable for the Bakerloo was more or less promised feature of the original Bakerloo / TSW2 release, so that would make it more like 2 years for me.

• Like Like x 3
  4. TimTri

TimTri Well-Known Member

I was actually going to make a separate post about another preservation crew update… the Peninsula Corridor. Pictures of it were shown during a roadmap stream on the 21st of September last year! It’s been nearly 12 months of waiting for such a relatively small patch :o :(

• Like Like x 5
  5. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

We wait and we wait and we wait some more and it never comes. I’m going to predict that it won’t pass QA and will never release. If by saying that it makes it come sooner then my inability to predict anything correctly will benefit everybody. I’ll be the hero.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Calidore266

Calidore266 Well-Known Member

FWIW, Peninsula Corridor is on the roadmap as a "huge" update, not a small one. Matt did say, quite a while ago now, that it failed its first QA pass, which is when it moved from near the top of the Preservation Crew roadmap listing to near the bottom.

We did get a brief surge of preservation updates in May and June, but it's been quiet on that front since. Some word would be nice.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

We can be forgiven for doubting that the remaining Preservation Crew updates will ever be released.

After TSW3 launches, everyone's attention will be diverted to whatever issues come with that game and TSW2 will start to fade into the distance. Some players have already deleted their TSW2 installation.

After a while, people will begin to think of these updates as fossilized vestiges of an ancient game and not worth worrying about.

Then they will be quietly forgotten.

I fervently hope I'm wrong, but the last PC update was back on 6/20 and nothing since.

• Like Like x 5
  8. Mephrite

Mephrite Active Member

Last week I was for my first time in London. I traveled a lot with the Underground - mostly Northern line. But just because I played TSW2, I decided to travel a little bit across Bakerloo Line.

I must say, that the line is well made in TSW, but I would see some upgrades here:
    - it would be nice to put all these warnings from megaphone like "MIND THE GAP!" and "See it. Say it. Sorted"; that should be relative easy to do...
    - adv inside tube, not only on platforms;
    - lightning - many platforms are overbrighted.

Beside that - good job there! I'm aware that this isn't a wish concert, but it would be nice to see Northern line next...

• Like Like x 1
  9. TimTri

TimTri Well-Known Member

I really hope they make another tube line. Quite a while ago, Matt stated new tube lines would not be made until a proper timetable was implemented into the Bakerloo line route. That has now happened, which means new tube routes are theoretically back on the table.

I know it’s not a proper tube line (different trains, tunnels, station distances), but the Elizabeth Line would make a ton of sense. The amount of available info (plans, drawings, charts, images) is incredibly high due to the recent completion of the construction and commissioning phases. And I’d imagine that TfL & Crossrail would be very interested in a virtual version of the route (as that would make younger audiences aware of it). Total development effort would not be astronomically high due to the (partially) reusable Paddington-Reading scenery as well as the standardized tunnel & underground station design.

We’ll see! :D

10. Crosstie

And this is why I hope they don't make another subway line from anywhere, frankly.

Although the Bakerloo line in TSW3 is much improved with the new traffic pattern etc., it can still put me to sleep.

The above ground section is OK, just another commuter line after all, but once you get into the tunnel, it's like driving past an endless row of townhouses. All the stations are the same and a kind of " tollway trance " sets in.

One underground line is enough, though one of the cut-and-cover lines might be interesting.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  11. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

If it was going to be another "LT" route then yes, the Met or District might be a better bet.

Failing that the Northern Line as it has several branches and service possibilities, open air sections without the distraction of large unused sections of National Rail and (depending on era) those scary island platforms at Angel and on the Morden extension. Sell it in the era when the 1938 stock (properly modelled, not the Rivet version) and 1959 silver stock were running side by side and Day 1 purchase for me.

• Like Like x 1
  12. eldomtom2

eldomtom2 Well-Known Member

The Circle Line is the obvious choice. Oldest section of the Underground, and a massive array of services that are all run by a single class.

• Like Like x 1
  13. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

If they put in “See it Say it Sorted”, I’m getting a refund :)

• Like Like x 2
  14. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

Yes, a cut and cover line would be good as it is different to a tube line. At least you’ll get passing trains. However, I would favour the Metropolitan as there is a lot more open scenery. I would originally have suggested Aldgate to Amersham/Chesham but with the advent of longer routes, maybe the whole thing including Uxbridge and Watford branches could be included.

Alternatively, there is the District Line which also has a good balance of tunnel and open sections.

15. eldomtom2

The problem is that both the Met and the District pass alongside other lines. The Circle Line would not have that issue, and could be partially extended to include more of the Met/District/H&C than the parts that share tracks with the Circle Line.

16. thatyaxthing#3408

thatyaxthing#3408 Member

I could see both the Circle and the H&C as one route, featuring all of both lines. Not sure how long that would be, distance wise, but it still seems plausible

17. Andy L

Andy L Member

I you're interested in the Met exactly what you ask for is currently available for TrainSimClassic.

18. trainsimcz

trainsimcz Well-Known Member

Well BKL timetable from TSW 3 can be easily ported into the TSW 2:

Problem is only sharing as its payware, you need to own TSW 3 to have it. I can quickly tell you how to do it but i will not share final version of the file because of the copyright. You need to know how to create mods and make .pak files:
    - unpak BKL TSW 3 version
    - copy somewhere that BKL GAMEPLAY folder, delete from there other stuff and keep timetable folder and content manifest file
    - enter timetable folder and formations folder and remove FRM_BKR_LUL_72Stock and FRM_BKR_LUL_72Stock_CTP formations. Keep the rest.
    - once done create new pak from that rest of the files
    Copy that new file into the TSW 2 DLC folder.
    Enjoy new BKL timetable in TSW 2.

• Helpful Helpful x 2
  19. fabristunt

fabristunt Well-Known Member

Hopefully DTG will port it to tsw2 themselves. Considering they promised it even before the release of tsw2 itself, it would be pretty unprofessional not to.

Anyway, I'd also like to see another underground line, but not in the UK. Maybe Germany, or, dare I day it, Italy?

• Like Like x 2
  20. Crosstie

That's right. If memory serves me (been a while since I was last in London ), if you made the District, you would have to include part of the Piccadilly Line. Correct?

• Like Like x 1
  21. eldomtom2

Yes, they're parallel between Barons Court and Ealing Common. Plus the District shares track with the Overground between Gunnersbury and Richmond and parallels the NR lines between Bromley-by-Bow and Upminster.

The Circle line avoids all that, plus has the greatest variety of services since all subsurface services use some part of the Circle.

• Like Like x 1