Can I Have An Official Dtg Response Please

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by jimnicebutdimm, Aug 21, 2022.

1. jimnicebutdimm

jimnicebutdimm Member

In the announcement video for TSW3, It was said that if you own SEHS and/or Spirit of Steam you would get a free upgrade for those lines if you buy a TSW3 pack but, in your list of TSW3 packs, there is no sign of a pack that includes just the American and German routes which would be the pack that those who have SEHS and Spirit of Steam would buy. Instead the option is to buy the standard pack and pay for SEHS again or buy the American and German pack and pay considerably more.

So, are you going to put out a TSW3 pack that only includes the American and German packs or am I going to have to pay for one of the 2 options mentioned above?

If it's the former, when are you going to make it available?

If it's the latter and you're making me pay for track and locos I already own, why should I bother buying DLC from you if you're possibly.goung to charge me again for it in the future?

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  2. CowBoyWolf

CowBoyWolf Well-Known Member

The Regio starters will appear when the game has been released

• Like Like x 1
  3. marcsharp2

marcsharp2 Well-Known Member

While the German and American route doesn't interest me, that it's not available as an option for those who don't want SEHS or SoS is an odd choice indeed.

• Like Like x 1
  4. shhweeet#4292

shhweeet#4292 Well-Known Member

If you buy the standard pack you get your American and German routes and TSW3 SEHS which you’ve said you already own in TSW2 as the TSW2 version which you will get in TSW3 for free, but TSW3 SEHS is technically a new TSW3 route with the extensions it contains and ALL the TSW3 features so in a way your getting a new route albeit using the base of what you already own in TSW2. For someone in your position the standard pack is the one to go for because I’m assuming if you already own SEHS in TSW2 you surely would want the TSW3 version? Players are saying in your position your being made to pay for SEHS again. Well yes in a way you are but then again your not because SEHS TSW3 is technically a brand new route built from the ground up as is SOS TSW3.

I hear what your saying but it all depends how you want to look at things from your own personal position, what you need and prefer, etc.

The real question is why we are being made to pay again for a supposedly brand new game when it’s just a TSW2 update in all but name and should be rolled out as free to existing TSW2 players with 2 of the TSW3 routes being made available as paid for TSW2 dlc’s. With SEHS TSW3 and SOS TSW3 again offered as free updates to the TSW2 versions.

We all know the answer to that one though don’t we. MONEY!

Last edited: Aug 21, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

I think a little differently. If you buy the standard or deluxe packs, you are getting both the American and German routes for about $50. That's actually a lower price than the usual route dlc costs.
    The SEHS and SOS upgrades ( they didn't start from scratch ) are therefore free, along with the core updates.
    However, the UK and SOS packs may be a little over-priced at $30, since you're not actually getting a new route.
    And the Standard pack might have included a pre-order discount, as per the usual policy.

• Like Like x 1
  6. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

It’s a valid question but you won’t get an answer that pleases you from DTG. It was always going to be messy as soon as they decided to do another version of a route that lots of players own already. Some players are just getting a better deal than others because DTG only want one version of SEHS in TSW3, so everyone who has the original has to get the new one whether they buy it or not. I don’t think DTG are trying to squeeze extra money out of us with this but it’s just a byproduct of that decision, plus the way they have done the bundles and what they can discount for a preorder on all platforms, which doesn’t include the standard edition it seems.

One thing you do get if you buy the standard bundle early is the chance to partake in the last few days of beta testing and the train sim equivalent of some stickers for your pencil case in the form of decals for the livery painter. So that’s a win!

I have SEHS, the 465 and SoS and I want all the routes so I’m going to preorder the standard edition, pay the asking price, and drive the trains. I may grumble about there not being an extra bit off but we are probably talking about a fiver here, which isn’t worth losing any sleep over.

• Like Like x 4
  7. jesseneedsapsn

jesseneedsapsn Member

So if I own SEHS with the 465 and SoS and I only want the US route, I can order the US only addition on release and SEHS and SoS will be updated to TSW3 versions? This was my understanding it at least.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2022
  8. DXR8002

DXR8002 Well-Known Member

Why is it that nearly every reply in this thread either answered with something irrelevant or misunderstood the OP's question? It's a perfectly valid question, DTG have said owners of SEHS will get a free upgrade but in actual reality there is no such option to do so, very cunning and deceptive.

9. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

I play on PC but agree with the OP. There should have been a middle option between the so called starter pack with the one route and the standard version, for those of us who already own SEHS and SoS. This point has been asked several times in the PC forum and no response from DTG. They could have pitched at at £34.99 given the single packs are going for £29.99 and the standard for £39.99, neither exactly cheap for what you get.

DTG arrogance (and intransigence) in full swing on this issue I’m afraid.

10. arek#2842

arek#2842 Well-Known Member

Yes, that's correct.

11. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

I have to come to DTG's defence on this one.

Yes, there should be some version in between the US Starter Pack and the Standard edition, which allows you to simply purchase the Cajon Pass and Kassel- Wurzburg routes.

Yes, there should have been a discount for pre- ordering the Standard Edition.

But, we're not talking big bucks here. The difference between the various packs is $5-10 at the most, the price of one or two lattes from your local barrista.

Overall, the prices for the various packs are very reasonable and certainly consistent with DTG's regular pricing and industry standards.

12. whiteleyaj

whiteleyaj Active Member

upload_2022-8-23_14-24-15.jpeg
    Sadly to this and quite a bit lately.

13. DXR8002

DXR8002 Well-Known Member

Shill.

14. marcsharp2

marcsharp2 Well-Known Member

I don't know about the US (If that's where you're from) but here in the UK we are having a colossal cost of living crises, a £5-10 difference could very well be the difference between buying it or not being able to afford to.

• Like Like x 1
  15. paulc

paulc Well-Known Member

You will get nothing out of DTG, we are still waiting for our freebie from when the game was unplayable for a week or so! You want extra SEHS you will pay for it.

16. DTG Protagonist

DTG Protagonist Has left the building Staff Member

Acknowledging the question. We don't have an answer at present, but we're aware of this gap.

• Like Like x 3
  17. jimnicebutdimm

jimnicebutdimm Member

Thank you for acknowledging and I look forward to when you have an answer.

18. arek#2842

Meanwhile there's two weeks left until 6th SEP, so no rush DTG ;)

19. TS_trainspotter

TS_trainspotter Active Member

Hi everyone, any news on this? I'm waiting to preorder because if a solution for both SEHS and SOS owners comes of, then the game will cost less. It's not a big deal since it would be like a 5 euro difference, but developers said it was being looked into so maybe some new kind of "starter pack" will come out.

20. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

They surely can’t change the bundles now because people have already preordered. Although it’s possible to refund the preorder it’s not preferable to be messing people around with this now. I’d rather just pay what’s offered. In fact I have.

21. arek#2842

Yep, I think so too. If new bundle with German and US routes only would to be introduced, I would expect it to be few weeks or months after 6th SEP, so customers, who bought standard pack to get those routes only would not feel cheated.

22. TS_trainspotter

TS_trainspotter Active Member

Thank you both for your answer :)

23. jimnicebutdimm

jimnicebutdimm Member