Ice 3 Sound Update

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by drnicktgm#1259, Aug 23, 2022.

Tags:
  1. drnicktgm#1259

drnicktgm#1259 Well-Known Member

Hello DTG and Community, this post is about the sound of the ICE 3. In my opinion it should get updated, because the ICE 3/3M we got in TSW doesn't sound at a certain amount of speed like the real train comparing to the video above this post. I'm really happy with your game, but this is a thing, that I would really wish for to get updated, because the sound of the ICE 3 has an important role while driving this train, same like on other trains, so maybe you could implement the new sound in the near future, that would be awesome

Last edited: Aug 23, 2022
    • Like Like x 6
  2. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

unlikely since the sound is good enough. Also they can't use youtube videos to improve the sounds either.

• Like Like x 2
  3. drnicktgm#1259

The YouTube video is just as an example how the real sound sounds like

• Like Like x 4
  4. moofeen#2182

moofeen#2182 Active Member

Then how r they supposed to get them

• Like Like x 1
  5. Maik Goltz

Maik Goltz Well-Known Member

Linus did these recordings for me (and for himself) two years ago. I used them. Now you can maybe say "you have no clue how to recreate real sound for a train in TSW". Maybe true, maybe not. But you need to consider, that it is not as easy as it may look to get the sound to this what you hear in the video. The recordings were made from 2 positions in the train. Not in the cab, not from outside or elsewhere. Then there is the limited time and the limited resources you have to deal with then recreating the sound experience for a train. This is a way more complicated part as you think. I would love to have the sound as IRL, but that's impossible at the moment. I could make you a very good sounding train, with half a year of extra work. And then you have ONE good sounding train on the route, but nothing more because the memory is full of high def audio files and performance is eaten up by the control logic for it. We have always find a balance. The ICE3 in TSW is a good balance. If you don't like it, sorry for that, but that is what was achievable, at least from my side. If someone else thinks he could to it a ton better, please apply a job at DTGs audio team.

• Like Like x 12
  6. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

I’ve always thought the ICE 3 is one of the best sounding trains in the game. There’s a lovely thud sound inside when it goes over track intersections and it has a nice running sound from inside and out. It’s not a train I would pick out that needs working on.

• Like Like x 7
  7. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Yep. Not on my list of bad bad trains.

• Like Like x 1
  8. drnicktgm#1259

I know that sound making is very complex, but what if the ICE 3 would have got a smaller sound Update, just like the Br146? And one more thing, there are some people who do soundmods for Train Simulator or Train Sim World, what if you could work with mod creators together? Same like this person did in the video down below

Last edited: Aug 23, 2022
  9. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

Like Maik has said, creating sounds is a huge amount of work and you can't get everything perfect due to various limitations. It also depends on how modders got their sounds I guess. Copyright issues, whether they say yes, etc. The 146 got a huge sound update and it only came as part of a paid dlc and even though it's good, it's not perfect.

10. drnicktgm#1259

I would even pay for a new updated ICE 3, it wouldn't be a problem for me, I'm just a big fan of this train, that's why I would love to hear an improved sound on this train

• Like Like x 1
  11. Myron

Myron Well-Known Member

I talked to a german soundmodder for TSW about the ICE 3 and he said he might make one at some point, but for now it's more likely not to happen because he has not enough time to work on that. But how I understood it, he already has some sounds, they just need to be packed up and cooked, but he doesn't have the time for that as for now. And yes I know oh no a mod, console players can't use it well I'm sorry but it is how it is, it's always the community who produces the better sound packs.

12. Myron

Myron Well-Known Member

Also if I may do, I'm gonna share my opinions on what's wrong with the current ICE 3 sounds in TSW:
    - overall, motor sounds feel a bit too fake at some points
    - the modulating from roughly 240Hz to 700Hz which happens at around 7km/h starts from too high, should be lower
    - the ~625Hz that start at 50km/h in-game should actually start at 55km/h, but that's not that much of a problem right now
    - the sound that starts at 50km/h (or 55 lol) is completely wrong, listen to it in-game and then listen to it in this video:

(skip to 1:00 in the video, there is the 55km/h sound)