PC Brading Rescue Scenario

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by Sharon E, Jul 20, 2022.

1. Sharon E

Sharon E Well-Known Member

The train derails as you are pulling out of the depot at the beginning of the scenario.

2. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

Interesting. Have you followed the instructions exactly and set the proper switches when they tell you to? Many people on different platforms have been able to finish this scenario without an issue.

3. Sharon E

Yes, properly set all switches prior to moving. The train began to make a weird noise before it started and this continued until it turned over.

4. Asheix

Asheix Active Member

I derailed in this scenario too. Left the siding at 12MPH after changing the points as instructed and tipped sideways off the track. I was very surprised as I have only ever derailed in TSW 2 maybe 2-3 times previously.

5. Sharon E

OK, I redid this scenario successfully. To do so, I walked along the track before even getting into the cab and set the 3 switches using the ground throws and not the 2D map.

6. 390001

390001 Well-Known Member

I have just ran this myself out of interest and set the points using the 2D map and managed to run the scenario without the train derailing. Very strange sounds like just a random glitch. Glad you got it working Sharon E.

7. Tanglebones

Tanglebones Well-Known Member

I did this scenario successfully myself (PC) and seem to recall only having to throw one switch, not three.

• Like Like x 1
  8. 390001

390001 Well-Known Member

I had one switch to throw to get to the reverse sidding and one to couple up to the other 2 car unit all others i did not need to do.

9. Pipe

Pipe Well-Known Member

I´ve got a derailing too by using the 2D map for switching. Something there doesn´t seem to match with the real switch position (or I set accidently the right path for the wrong train?!). On the second trial I walked the line and switched manually. Which worked just fine.
    This route is a gem, BTW!

• Like Like x 1
  10. Jasper_Rivet

Jasper_Rivet Well-Known Member

Sorry for the late reply, I first missed it and then I went on holiday for the last week and a bit.

Anyway, I tried to reproduce the issue and I couldn't - both using the 3D switchen with walking up to them and using the 2D map. Without success. Could you please retry and let me know if the issue is still present?

11. stijn.claessens

stijn.claessens Well-Known Member

I had a derailment on my first try. The second time i was able to complete the scenario.
    Both with the 2D map

12. Jasper_Rivet

Jasper_Rivet Well-Known Member

Weird. I'll forward it to our devs, but if we can't reproduce a bug, we can't fix it.

Please let us know if someone still has this problem!