Tsw3 Is Worse Than Tsw2. Tsw2 Issues Are Being Ignored.

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by rilijsellard, Aug 15, 2022.

1. rilijsellard

rilijsellard Member

From what I have seen of TSW3 the graphics are worse than TSW2 . The bright flash coming out of a tunnel makes the game look over saturated and way to bright. The so called upgrades to how the world looks makes it look worse. i dislike how bright the sunny days are and i dislike the weather effects as i think they are over concentrated and applied to heavily. Then there's the adhesion rules that don't apply to NPC train operators means us the players will be struggling to keep up with the time table.
    The Training Center is nice but i think it is not worth doing as i enjoy the original way of introductions where it teaches you to look around repeatedly.
    With all that my overall opinion is that TSW2 is UNFINISHED! but we all know support for it will be dropped soon as is typical of DTG to do instead of fixing and upgrading it. No they go and launch a new game for more money so they can release the same content again for yet again more money.
    If we want tsw2 updated and fixed we the player base need to stand up and make it known loudly. I know i am not alone in this so those of you that want tsw2 fixed and updated speak up or forever hold your peace.

• Like Like x 4
  2. Birita

Birita Well-Known Member

I agree with you that i want Tsw 2 to be fixed....but going to hold my beer about everything else...although i did had the impression that Tsw 3 is over bright...but lets see...

• Like Like x 1
  3. ehz0689

ehz0689 Well-Known Member

It literally say work in progress. Are you that daft?

• Like Like x 1
  4. juanneumann72

juanneumann72 New Member

I agree with you

5. Knightfire1964

Knightfire1964 Well-Known Member

if we are a few weeks away from release and they have graphical stuff to sort out I would be very worried

• Like Like x 2
  6. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

From what I've seen of the graphics (ie the light diffferences on STP etc) they look better than what there was in TSW2 where everything looked like a slight cloudy day...
    The "bright flash" is SUPPOSED to be a white out. That's the whole purpose of it, and maybe it's a bit OTT but it is a real life thing as well
    Not sure what you're getting at on the weather adhesion. In sticky conditions real life drivers have to adjust and may be a minute or two late to any given station. That's called "life". and don't forget dynamic weather is a choice. You don't have to switch it on

• Like Like x 9
  7. AtherianKing

AtherianKing Well-Known Member

glad they implemented that, Custom and Reality, would have been detrimental and maybe put a stain on dynamic if they removed it

• Like Like x 1
  8. rilijsellard

rilijsellard Member

The visualization coming out of the tunnel has no switch to turn it off which sucks. The weather from what I have seen looks terrible and i will be turning it off.
    During the live they did today I was disappointed by many things including the supposed new menu which sucks by the way. The music in the menu is great. The menu is more complicated then tsw2. The quick start feature is ok though i will never use it. The new center to test locos with is good looking however i won't use it either.
    Now to the juicy part.... TSW3 is a waste of money to buy imo . All DTG have done is make the sim look worse and add a 100 mile route that's all high speed with 3 stops . There will be NO SAVE GAME which is disasterous and the game shouldn't launch without it. The visuals going in and out of tunnels and mainly out of tunnels is horrible and i feel sorry for those whom are sensitive to light like i am prepare for headaches galore. In short there is no way on this planet or in this universe that i will play TSW3 unless a miracle happens and at least the visuals are corrected to a sustainable level instead of where they are currently which DTG says they look out for people with sensitivities but i know that's a load of garbage .
    From a very disgruntled player

• Like Like x 1
  9. rilijsellard

rilijsellard Member

I guess by your standards everyone is daft right ? Why did you even bother saying anything if you can't do it without being insulting to the original poster?

• Like Like x 4
  10. AtherianKing

AtherianKing Well-Known Member

From what I’ve seen of driver camera’s, and particularly a one on Kassel Würzburg with ICE1 the lighting out of tunnels Is both rather accurate and true to life (general dislikes of it would have to be taken up with the laws and rules of light and dark)

Maybe DTG should implement a feature to turn it off, personally the closer to reality the better in most cases for me

Save game on Xbox is worse luck than the lottery, if they turn it off to truly fix it, I ain’t complaining

no point saving 1hr and 50 mins into a 2 hour journey for it to brake when you return, it’s not helpful it’s cruel

Last edited: Aug 17, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  11. pinxtonpaws

pinxtonpaws Well-Known Member

They already have...it's called 'lowering the windshield blind' mode :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  12. hells.high.lord666

hells.high.lord666 Well-Known Member

we should already know that TSW2 issues will be ignored because they were going to ignore the issues in TSW2020 until the community started a petition! That's why they've announced that TSW2 is being delisted on Sept 6th, so that they can just abandon it as a broken mess and leave it as is!

13. rilijsellard

rilijsellard Member

From what I saw on the recent live stream that DTG did I am still not happy with it.
    1. To many tunnels.
    2. Lighting is still blinding and gives me a headache mainly coming out of tunnels. Though the sunlight in the game gives me a headache as well as it is also to bright.
    3. Not enough stops on Ice1 route to make route worth driving.
    At the rate this sim is going I will be forced to quit playing if stuff ain't fixed so i can play without getting headaches from the in game lighting.
    Before people ask yes i tried turning the brightness on my tv down that did not help one bit.

• Like Like x 1
  14. ARuscoe

Surely the point of an ICE route is that it doesn't stop in many places?

• Like Like x 8
  15. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

That's not really a dtg problem now is it?

• Like Like x 2
  16. ARuscoe

Except that they chose the route...

17. trainsimplayer

Yes, because they wanted a long ICE route. And it happens to have so many tunnels (which I don't see too much of a problem with, at the speed the train moves at it goes by very fast)

18. rilijsellard

rilijsellard Member

A few tunnels would have been fine however over 50 tunnels is ridiculous.

19. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

I will gladly offer up £20 and some beer to anyone who can find a recent new member who doesn’t come on uninformed saying everything’s rubbish. Some might say you read the room and forums before slinging a tiny post count about.

• Like Like x 8
  20. trainsimplayer

Again, you're moving so fast the longest they will be is a few minutes. It's just a feature of the route they chose. And it's a good route at that - plenty of distance for the ICE to stretch the legs.

• Like Like x 2
  21. rilijsellard

rilijsellard Member

[REMOVED - Alex - Aggresion, Inappropriate Content]

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 22, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  22. rilijsellard

rilijsellard Member

Yes it is moving at high speed and the route is long enough for it to pass quickly however i don't like the fact that it's over 50 times that i have to deal with bright flashes of light being flashed in my eyes upon exiting every tunnel. On top of that we can't really take our eyes off the train for any great amount of time cause you never know when you may be faced with a red light which may be rare but could still happen. I made that mistake on tsw2 with the ICE3 and failed many of scenario.

23. nepclassof84

nepclassof84 Well-Known Member

I’ll gladly accept that beer

24. waggie#5150

waggie#5150 New Member

Welcome to game development...games are often worked on right up until release. They'll be in the process of getting that day-1 patch signed off and any last minute issues/fixes in with it.

25. phillip.good

phillip.good Well-Known Member

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 22, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  26. trainsimplayer

Well that's not an "issue" with the game - the point of this thread anyway. Neither is the sheer amount of tunnels. That's your preference.

27. hells.high.lord666

hells.high.lord666 Well-Known Member

Those bright flashes of light are the same bright flashes of light that the drivers of the route experience every day they're at work. If you're complaining about something that everyone exiting a tunnel experiences in real life then why play this game?

• Like Like x 3