Euro Fishing Now That Season Pass One Is Done How R We Doing?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GOrd0n Bennet, Feb 24, 2018.

1. GOrd0n Bennet

GOrd0n Bennet Member

With Bergsee the last of the new content for season pass one is out and now Dovetail will either be sitting back and raking in the cash or thinking about more content and another season pass. So how did it all go?

Before I go any further I have to say that I have always liked this product (warts and all) and much prefer its anglers eye perspective on fishing to the rather unreal bait cam approach taken by its competition (Rapala and Sega's rather ancient Bass fishing on the Xbox one).

With the latest content the lake count (if you have all of them) now stands at 10 lakes (5 that are part of the basic package and 5 add ons). The original 5 lakes offered a good balance between general course fishing on light tackle (the observatory, L' Arene and Even snails were good here) and chasing bigger fish with heavy tackle (The catfish in St Johns and Presa) and this balance for me has been well maintained with the add-on content with foundry dock, Bergsee and Manor farm offering excellent general fisheries with Lac D'or and Waldsee containing some cats that make tackle selection an issue. I have to say that hauling out a 10Lb tench on 30Lb line doesn't appeal to me in the least so I always have at least one float rod on 3lb line and a margin rod with light tackle handy if the big cats are being shy in my session.

As it stands after the last update I find the game balance excellent. After a long period of having to use size 4 hooks and tiger nuts to catch anything worthwhile I am now once again able to go float fishing with maggots and a size 18 float rig with some hope of catching a decent variety of fish and if my luck is really good possibly even a named tench, bream or even one of the carp. Naturally this is unusual and most of the named fish I bank are still caught on bigger tackle but the fact that it is now possible is a huge leap forward as far as I am concerned. In fact the way baits now work seems a lot better with the monopoly on 20mm tiger nuts now broken and specimen fish taking a variety of baits resulting in a need for experimentation to find a bait / rig combination that works well with your own personal style of fishing on a given lake.

Overall the game now seems to work well in line with your design for it. Float fishing isn't as flexible as I may like it to be but works well in the margins where I suspect you intended it to be used. The variety of baits and rigs can be confusing and some clues as to suggested hook sizes would be a helpful addition to the bait descriptions. I find the four rigs and four baits restriction of the tackle box limiting but not critical as I can come up with a compromise set up that works OK and I can go to a sign if I REALLY do decide to fine tune it. You have even fixed the issues with spodding and fine positioning of float rigs, the spod rod doesn't seem to leap back at me anymore and with the addition of a reel speed control I can now fine tune where my spod or float ends up.

If a problem does still remain it is with the Catfish and the 20mm tiger nuts. Possibly I am wrong, I have never even fished on a lake IRL that contains catfish but they seem to be a predator species and your overview description of Bergsee would tend to confirm that. If that is the case then like Pike and Zander I would suspect they get most of their nourishment preying on the tiddler roach that used to cause such annoyance when caught on 25Lb line and 20mm tiger several updates ago. If this holds true then why on earth do I catch all of my catfish on tiger nuts which according to their in-game description only attract carp and why are dead-baits and rigs for these totally absent from the tackle shop. The other problem with tiger nuts is that as several people have noted they seem to be irresistable to tench and bream, Its not a game breaker as they do work well for big carp as well but as with the catfish it doesn't fit with the in game description of these.

So at the end of season one I am a very happy camper. I love the fisheries you have produced and enjoy trying to catch all of the species you have populated them with, the perch in Bergsee were a definite bonus at the end.

I do hope that not too far in the future you will be considering working on more content and season two is somewhere in the not too distant future. That said I don't think that four more lakes will add much to the product. I would prefer to pay up for an expansion of the tackle shop with deadbaits and roach poles added for catfishing and to improve float fishing, some new species (pike, zander, chub, barbel and crucian carp) and a river or two would really add to this product for me.

If you feel like expanding your product line then I would be first in line for a game fishing version of this simulator and to round it off sea fishing.

Wherever you decide to take it from here you have one extremely satisfied customer at the end of season one. Admittedly there are some issues with the product but its pretty damned good.

Simon

Last edited: Feb 24, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  2. transparo21

transparo21 New Member

^ This.

With season pass done, I really hope they take a pause in releasing more DLCs and look at fixing current gameplay issues, addressing feedbacks from the community or enhance existing mechanics.

I wholeheartedly won't mind buying an expansion if it adds significantly to game. Like more species, new fishing method, character customization, quests, keepnets etc.

3. DTG_Stephen

DTG_Stephen Staff Member

Thank you for your thoughts on the season pass and the state of the game G0rd0n.

There is still more to come for Euro Fishing so we hope that you will like what we bring to the game.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Redbulladdict-85

Redbulladdict-85 Active Member

I hope it’s a new breed of fish or fishes or something different like a river perhaps or a new way of fishing like pole fishing

5. transparo21

transparo21 New Member

Cheers. Looking forward to it Stephen

6. Master110

Master110 Active Member

Rudd.

New lakes
    The moat
    Hunters lake
    The lilies.

7. WikusMazal

WikusMazal Active Member

So to sum up , 1 more roach and more paid for DLC to take money without fixing bugs

• Like Like x 1
  8. J Teeps

J Teeps Member

That is great to hear. I was late to the game, but I'm absolutely loving it. I will be supporting this game for a long time.

9. William K. Arrieta

William K. Arrieta New Member

This is great. loved this game.