Training Center Stream Feedback

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Mattty May, Aug 23, 2022.

1. Loco Dave

Loco Dave Member

These streams are so bad, ill-prepared and quite funny.
    It's almost as if they don't want me to buy it. Could it be a deliberate loss for some kind of tax write-off?
    Probably not.
    When announced I was all over this. Love US heavy freight, ice routes for speed and systems, and UK nostalgia.
    Training Centre sounded great. It all could still be, but they seem determined to show it in a bad light.
    No preorder yet.

• Like Like x 1
  2. I'd didn't purchase tsw3 for the training center. It was more of a case of the 2 new routes and updated sehs and some better weather effects.

I might pop into the training center to take a look but most of my time will be spent driving trains on the 3 routes to come with tsw3.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Ghostface1701

Ghostface1701 Well-Known Member

I really wish every member of DTG that's going to be playing a route on stream had a dedicated capture PC. The performance impact of encoding video while playing the game gives an unfair impression of how routes will play.

Alternatively, as we don't get enough streams of them anyway, maybe playing on PS5/XSX and capturing to PC would be better?

• Like Like x 6
  4. goochdog#5870

goochdog#5870 Well-Known Member

It’s so embarrassing. Selling their souls for a few quid and bragging rights

• Like Like x 4
  5. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

Neither did I but its part of the pack and I am interested in using it. The training center looks good. I am looking forward to driving it and testing on it when the game gets released. Has what's gone on in the past couple of streams and the fall out changed my mind about my pre order....not one bit. I'm quite looking forward to the release. My only gripe to be honest is not the mass hysteria from some of the community but is to have the DLC manager available for the PS5 on the day of release (September 6th).

Hentis

6. JesseBlue

JesseBlue Active Member

Indeed, together with all the issues like the save game function being disabled because it is - still - not fixed, gives more and more the impression that TSW3 is the same buggy game that TSW2 was.
    Nothing seems to be fixed, not even the oldest issues.
    Just the same with a new name... :(
    That is VERY DISAPPOINTING!
    But then again, this is also very DTG...

• Like Like x 7
  7. bartolomaeusz

bartolomaeusz Well-Known Member

I like how the Training Centre looks; it has as good or better scenery than some of the full Routes (I own them all). With Rush Hour (despite the problems), Creator's Club, several new Routes over the past couple years, TSW2 was heading in a great direction. I was mystified that a new game was coming out instead of just the addition of new Routes and features, and working on old problems (which has been better than the 10 fps on CSX Heavy Haul in 2017, which was eventually fixed!). I like the ideas in TSW3; when it can be demonstrated that the performance is good and my TSW2 Routes will work well on it, I'll buy it!

PC/Ryzen 7/RTX 3060

Last edited: Aug 25, 2022
  8. philwest#7393

philwest#7393 Member

I suppose at the end of the day you need to ask what is the point of a training centre! For me it would be a place where you can learn about the locomotive/unit including location of equipment and what it does/how it works and what to do when it goes wrong then, how to drive the loco/unit efficiently. This would introduce so many opportunities to improve the game by introducing some realism, it would also allow testing to make sure that the train operates correctly. One other thing, if you had access to a classroom you could access the manuals in what would be a controlled environment. An added bonus could be how to use train safety devices and an understanding of signalling. A lot of work I know but it would bring enjoyment to some I’m sure!

• Like Like x 6
  9. Shwing

Shwing Active Member

Quite the opposite Sam... Love to see these moments on the stream! I genuinely lol.

PS Absolutely love your honesty on every stream you do!

• Like Like x 2
  10. Loco Dave

Loco Dave Member

I would've thought if you don't know how to drive a certain train the very best place to be would be a, err, what is it called?, oh yeah, a Training Centre.:)

• Like Like x 1
  11. Jay1986

Jay1986 Well-Known Member

Don’t you think it’s time you or others upgraded to a PS5 then? There not as hard to buy now.
    I honestly don’t know how anyone could play any game on an 8th gen console though.

12. arek#2842

arek#2842 Well-Known Member

The point is that TSW3 supports 8th gen, then ok, let us see how it is working there, simple as that.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  13. OnlyMe1909

OnlyMe1909 Well-Known Member

Uh huh... you realy think so? Just checked sites of 7 major retailers in my country. As usual, no availability anywhere...

• Like Like x 3
  14. photonmonkey

photonmonkey Well-Known Member

I play TSW2 on PS4 and on the whole are very happy with what I have, so are many others, as has been pointed out, DTG have agreed to continue support for Gen8 and people quite rightly would like to see how TSW3 plays and what compromises have been made.

Let's not go down the rabbit hole of 'get a PS5 then' there have been enough wasted threads on that conversation. 'The Gen8 population will upgrade when they are able/willing to'

Last edited: Aug 26, 2022
    • Like Like x 3
  15. Jay1986

Have you not tried ordering through Sony directly?
    Have you joined a discord stock check group? With alert you when retailers go live with stock.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Jay1986

If you’re happy with the standards of PS4 FPS, resolution and graphic fidelity, then great.
    If TSW is mostly the only game you play on the system, then yeah, a PS5 would be wasted on you.
    I’m someone who buys all the latest games and plays a lot of TSW too, so I’m getting the most out of next gen gaming.
    It’s a shame you’re not on Xbox, a series S would be a nice little upgrade for you. Cheap and cheerful.

17. OnlyMe1909

OnlyMe1909 Well-Known Member

In fact, i did try to order through Sony directly. After a wait of a few months, I got an email telling me I had a chance to buy on a certain link that I had to go to on a said date between certain hours. Unfortunately that was a weekday, and the start of the period was during my work hours. Any game related sites are blocked at my work place. Logged in the instant I got home, about 35 mins after the start... I was too late already :(
    I have resubscribed in the hope that next time, it will be a timeperiod that falls outside of working hours.

• Like Like x 1
  18. philwest#7393

philwest#7393 Member

From the previous comments, the answer seems to be rather than a training centre it should have been a depot from where you could chose you loco/unit then the route or timetable then off you go!

19. connorjohn#1870

connorjohn#1870 New Member

I enjoyed the stream, very excited for TSW3 and the training centre. Lovely to have Sam back streaming again. No game will ever be perfect, and i think the amount of hate this is getting is unfair when you can see the effort and passion DTG put into their games.

• Like Like x 1
  20. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

It's not unfair. Alot of the criticism is justified

• Like Like x 2
  21. Chas

Chas Well-Known Member

Taken for posterity, this pic shows the entire DTG management team after they had pea-brainstormed the concept for TSW3.
    [​IMG]