Dostos And Framerate Issues

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by antony.henley, Aug 25, 2022.

1. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

Ok so for the past 2 months (roughly) I have noticed whilst playing the German routes on the PS5 version of TSW 2 that when ever AI Dostos whether cab car or loco hauled appear the overall framerates in the game drop to about 20fps for the duration when the Dosto is in the frame before disappearing into the nether. Does anyone else suffer these framerate issues at all?
    Is this a none bug or?
    Its standard Dostos as far as I am aware not custom liveries applied to these trains when they appear. This has happened on MSB, RRO, HRR, DRA, RSN, HMA so far.

Cheers
    Hentis

• Like Like x 6
  2. Richard CZE

Richard CZE Well-Known Member

I confirm. It's happening on my PS5.

• Like Like x 6
  3. skyMutt

skyMutt Well-Known Member

I've been experiencing this issue as well, but this appears to be directly related to the older Dostos. I haven't honestly seen this issue on the Dresden route, but I have on SKA and HMA and other such routes, which all have Dostos that are layered in from Main Spessart Bahn. I believe it is that specific set that is bugged for some reason and the FPS takes a massive hit when one is on screen.

I've seen this occur on both PS4 and PS5, the results are all the same.

4. arek#2842

arek#2842 Well-Known Member

Wow, I thought it's the issue related only with PS4, but not on PS5. I've noticed it on HRR, driving there since about two weeks and I can tell when Dostos will appear before I can see it - frame rate drop roughly to ~15-20 FPS.

• Like Like x 1
  5. pipanminuta#9703

pipanminuta#9703 Well-Known Member

Yeah same on my ps5.

6. danistarwars

danistarwars Active Member

Yep, me to on ps5. Mainly on RRO. I thought that it was just the heat right now, and that my ps5 was struggling. But now appears to be a bug.

7. Dinger75

Dinger75 Well-Known Member

Same here. Especially bad if you encounter one at Essen on HRR. Thing tanks the framerate to single digits

• Like Like x 2
  8. StokesJH

StokesJH Active Member

I just did a run on HRR on PS5 and observed a similar drop in fps when crossing Dostos. No issues when crossing other types of AI.

• Like Like x 1
  9. pveezy

pveezy Well-Known Member

Add me to the list with PS5 massive frame hit from AI Dosto. Currently seeing it on the Rapid Transit DLC. Having one of these Dosto on screen brings performance worse than London Victoria (which used to be the only place in all of TSW2 that killed PS5 FPS).

Last edited: Aug 29, 2022
    • Like Like x 4
  10. pveezy

pveezy Well-Known Member

Also I googled this issue and found a Reddit thread where people were complaining about it but were using a PC… so it seems like a big that affects all platforms within the last few months.

• Like Like x 4
  11. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

Hmm so its just not me then phew.

Hentis

• Like Like x 1
  12. pveezy

pveezy Well-Known Member

I figured it out! It’s the cabin lights that are killing FPS.

The game has 6 Dostos. On almost all of them, if the interior cabin lights are on… FPS take a massive hit. I tested them all:

Therandter Rampe and Nahverkehr Dresden versions cabin lights hurt FPS but not terribly. You notice it when you’re in the cabin itself but they don’t kill the FPS from the exterior.

All the others, cabin lights destroy FPS. It’s less noticeable on some because they are turned off by default so unless you turn them on you don’t see the FPS issues.

The worst offender is the one that came with Main Spessart Bahn because it spawns with the lights turned ON and it’s one where they cause major FPS drop.

I confirmed it with an AI train on Rapid Transit where is saw the most problems. I waited at a station when a Dosto approached and my FPS nosedived to a slide show, probably single digits… when it stopped I went on board and turned off the cabin lights, sure enough everything went back to normal perfect FPS 60+.

So that’s the core issue… easy to solve on player trains because you can just shut them off but for passing AI, DTG will have to fix something.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2022
    • Like Like x 7
  13. arek#2842

arek#2842 Well-Known Member

I don't know if there is a ticket for this issue, but if not it would be good to open it and provide your findings there.

14. DTG JD

DTG JD Director of Community Staff Member

Good investigative work! I've passed this onto the team.

• Like Like x 6