Train Life A Railway Simulator ( Coming 9/22/2022 ) Xbox Series X/s + Xb1

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by SHINO BAZ, Aug 26, 2022.

1. SHINO BAZ

SHINO BAZ Well-Known Member

Finally another railway simulator game is on the way.At this point this is what has been needed for along time,will it be better or worse the TSW3,who know's but at this point i'll try anything else just to get the bad taste of TSW2 out of my mouth.How about you?

2. dreampage

dreampage Well-Known Member

Looks like Dovetail Games better get their act together, competition is here soon. Not looking bad either.

Train Life: A Railway Simulator (Xbox)
    • 10,000 km of track
    • Eastern Europe, Western Europe, Alps
    • Driving AND company management features
    • Times of day, weather, unexpected events (tree on line, broken train in front, etc.)
    It doesn't seem as graphically advanced as TSW, and maybe even the simulation is not as detailed, but if in turn it runs better and offers more diverse content in the long run... who knows?

Last edited: Aug 26, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Yerolo

Yerolo Well-Known Member

Not to burst your bubbles or anything...but this has been available for some time on PC (early access). It's not really a simulator by any stretch of the imagination...more a competitor to Derail Valley than TSC/TSW

• Like Like x 2
  4. Luke8899

Luke8899 Well-Known Member

Train Life is a tycoon-style management game first and foremost, with the subject being trains which you can drive in a very unrealistic fashion on railway lines that are not real, using signals that are not accurate to real life. I have had it for about a year or so, it does what it does ok, it works as a game, though not one I play much anymore, but it is not a TSW-by-another-name, it doesn't even come close to what TSW does, which is not to argue one is factually better than the other, but that it doesn't make sense to compare them as rivals in the first place.

• Like Like x 2
  5. eldomtom2

eldomtom2 Well-Known Member

From what I gather Derail Valley has the advantage here as well, with realistic driving and not having AI that requires the addition of an extremely unrealistic signalling simulation.

6. SHINO BAZ

Yes there abit more to do between train driving but this still has fun train driving and it's extras make it worth seriously considering either way.

7. jack travers

jack travers Well-Known Member

Isn’t that the game with fake trains, stations and Track distances

• Like Like x 1
  8. Rybnicki

Rybnicki Well-Known Member

Took a look, and sorry, it's a cartoon game. No actual simulation of train driving, trains routing onto the wrong direction track because of crappy AI, a level of realism I can get on an Android game that hacks my phone to mine for crypto. Signalling seems non-existent beyond stop/go.

There's a reason this costs less than a new TSW route, sorry to be blunt - it's in no way a competitor.

• Like Like x 2
  9. SHINO BAZ

Well in all fairness TSW has it fair share of "crappiness as well.

10. antwerpcentral

antwerpcentral Well-Known Member

It looks interesting. Wonder how this feels to play. The gameplay looks promising. I'm not sure what the difference will be with a "real simulator". I've seen this argument come up a lot with race games. But the most fun race games never are "real simulators".

11. antwerpcentral

I watched a video and it looked like TSW with a lot more features. TSW is also driving from point A to B so I don't understand the difference really much. Sure the trains in TSW look way better but that is pure taste. TSW is not a perfect game and I don't expect this game to be a perfect game. But my interest is peaked.

12. Rybnicki

Rybnicki Well-Known Member

That's interesting - to me it looked like ETS2 with fewer features, and an incredibly simple implementation of train driving. Max speed 120kph, 'London Main' station, no real work to do in driving other than honking at deer on the line. Then there's the publishing and development worries - the forum suggests a signalling issue that hasn't been fixed since Early Access launch, and most pressingly the devs are quite explicit - "There are various levels of simulation, and we are not masquerading as a hardcore simulator or attempting to be one."

I'm sure it's possible to have fun on it for a week or two, but if somebody pushed this to me as a simulator or competitor to TSW, I'd ask them for my money back. That's not snobbery, I've been playing and loving Derail Valley lately, but this just seems a step below what I'd want out of a game. Seriously, go look up the mobile train sim market if this game interests you, there's some equally sophisticated stuff available for free!

• Like Like x 1
  13. antwerpcentral

So it's basically has the same bad reputation that TSW has :D

14. Sparmi

Sparmi Well-Known Member

I've also seen "Train Life" listed in the Playstation store. At first glance, the cover with the ICE4 catches the eye, and the game is also based on the Unreal Engine. But if you take a closer look, you realize that the vaunted 10,000km are based on optimized maps. i.e. there are no original route lengths as in TSW, but everything has been shortened and combined in a network, like with the bus or farming simulator. The city areas mostly consist of standard or preset buildings and the tracks aren't really convincing either. The focus is also more on running a railway company. But at least it's also about railways... ;)

• Like Like x 1
  15. antwerpcentral

To me it seems more interesting than TSW as it has gameplay. To me it doesn't have to be true to life. Never felt as if TSW was true to life. The focus on building a railway company is the most interesting part as most of the time on TSW I'm looking at the passenger count on my train and wonder how the company am driving for actually makes money as my trains are always empty :D

16. SHINO BAZ

I counting the days until the release of TS ARS because quitting TSW will be a pleasure after endureding years of nothing but promises of game fixes only to have to keep rebuying the game to get more fixes that barely fix anything and just end up breaking things that weren't already broken.