Wcl A Sleepy Delivery

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by dangerousdave, Aug 27, 2022.

1. How does one get the brakes to release after your given the instruction to shut down the cab and switch ends?

I shut everything down, train brake in shutdown. Loco brake released, throttle off, reverser off, master key off, aws off, brake mode vacuum goods. Move to the other cab and set everything up but the brakes won't release?

Any ideas please?

2. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

I'm not 100% sure but I think when I did this I had to muck about with the brake lever in the original cab. If it's in shutdown mode I think it scuppers you. I believe I had to put to release once set up in other cab

3. meridian#2659

meridian#2659 Well-Known Member

You do something wrong. Check brake timing selector after every coupling / uncoupling.

Rivet had this genious idea to let a phantom turn the braking selector to air/ vac when coupling/uncoupling to other wagons or locos.
    Seems rivet missunderstood the point of a simulation, and on top they clarly have no idea how the dual brake system works.

Brake mode goods & passenger is just regulating braking timing.
    So if you are light engine switch to air and turn off exhausters. If you had a vacuum braked consist, you need to relrase the vacuum in the chambers (relay valve blelow hand brake wheel)

If you work on vaccum, check if the brake selector got turned back to air (accidently..) after coupling. This needs to be on vacuum + exhauster on.

If its neither check if you turned both levers of aws. If you miss that, the brake pipe wont charge and your brakes dont release.

4. Pipe

Pipe Well-Known Member

Had the same experience (as meridian points out):

1. During CAB change a ghost changed the brakes from "Vacuum- Goods" to "Airbrake - Passenger". Since the Brake switch is only in one Cab (it´s Cab1 if recall correctly), you have to go back.
    2. When you uncouple the wagons, you have to empty the vacuum chamber (valve in front of the side driver seat, below the handbrake wheel)

Else?
    I love the Class 37 and the route, its services to drive and I think it is underrated by far. (Yeah, Rivet bashing is funnier)

• Like Like x 1
  5. meridian#2659

meridian#2659 Well-Known Member

Yes the class 37 + its turbot and seacows makes worth the purchais of wcl. Nice they caught up with the idea of civil engineering vehicles and ballast trains.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Thanks guys will try all of the above. Didn't know about the chamber release valve.

Thanks.

And yea it's a good route. With some good freight activities, not just drive from a to b.

• Like Like x 1