Cleethorpes To Manchester Piccadilly - Manchester Airport

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by GrandMoffLucaPaguro, Aug 26, 2022.

1. GrandMoffLucaPaguro

GrandMoffLucaPaguro Active Member

The Cleethorpes to Manchester Piccadilly Line is a 170.5km or 106 mile line linking the seaside town of Cleethorpes to the City of Manchester, and operated by the TransPenine Express. Travel time can come as low as 2 hours 35 minutes to close to 3 hours, with multiple stops along the route.

Stops along this route include:
    Cheepthorpes
    Grimsby Town
    Habrough
    Barnetby
    Scunthorpe
    Althorpe
    Crowle
    Thorne South
    Hatfield & Stainforth
    Doncaster
    Rotherham Central
    Meadow Hall
    Sheffield
    Dore & Totley
    Stockport
    Manchester Piccadilly

An additional 16km or 10 miles also links Manchester Piccadilly to Manchester Airport, operated by both Northern, and TransPenine Express, offering direct services.

Stops on this branch include:
    Manchester Piccadily
    Mauldeth Road
    Burnage
    East Didsbury
    Gatley
    Heald Green
    Manchester Airport

Other services are also operated on this line, such as those by East Midlands Railway, offering services between Barton-upon-Humber to Cleethorpes, as well as Freight Services from Immingham Docks.

• Like Like x 3
  2. tubefan1973

tubefan1973 Well-Known Member

Meadowhall, there is no space between the Meadow and the Hall, and also, where's the Rolling Stock and Service Patterns, I don't see what you think you achieve by just posting the stops Along the way,

3. GrandMoffLucaPaguro

Oh no, a typo, what are we to do.
    That will come a little later, service patterns are not that important at the moment, but I will be posting Rolling Stock once I've done more research on the line; this is just an initial post, and I'll update and go more in-depth later.

• Like Like x 2
  4. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

The Hope Valley Line is your trans Pennine section unlike the Huddersfield Line Standege Tunnel DLC

5. GrandMoffLucaPaguro

It is indeed, but I'm also finding out that the Freight terminals at Immingham and Doncaster are a little more important to the area than I originally realised as well, which run along the same line.

6. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

Don't forget that freight also uses the Hope Valley line as there's a Freightliner terminal near Hope (Earles Sidings).

I would also like to see this route in TSW, especially between Donny and Scunny as I used to travel that route regularly until 2005.

7. BeastyBill88

BeastyBill88 Well-Known Member

I live in Immingham, I can see the docks from my house lol, I regularly see the coal trains bound for one of the power stations (Ratcliffe Power Station I think, might be wrong) past my workplace on Stallingbrough industrial estate, usually a class 66. I would love to see this route come to TSW (even wanted it on TSC) but I doubt it'll ever happen to be honest. Don't forget the few stations that are rarely stopped at:

- New Clee
    - Grimsby docks
    - Great Coates
    - Healing
    - Stallingbrough

8. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

Hope Valley line would be a really good addition to TSW.