Is Tsw 3 Going To Be Better??

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by ben#4046, Aug 26, 2022.

1. ben#4046

ben#4046 Active Member

I'm getting a little tired of doing a run to get right to the end for it to crash once again, sigh! This time Tsw 2 it was Brighton to London Victoria. Dovetail I really want to like you and support your progress but when it feels like that progress isn't actually happening despite many many updates. I'm losing faith. It happened between Clapham junction and Victoria so I was 90 - 95% through the run. Not impressed that this is still happening this far along and with the Tsw 3 advertisement. Hmm ok.

• Like Like x 2
  2. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

Can't save in the middle of a service in TSW3 and no load last checkpoint feature like PC. So a crash or an unexpected derail basically means you have to start the service again. London Commuter is one of the more demanding routes.

• Like Like x 1
  3. owenroser19

owenroser19 Well-Known Member

No I don’t think it will be. What’s been already shown is disappointing and doesn’t look any better than TSW2. Sure, there are fancy clouds and a fancy new high speed train but is that meant to mask all the problems? I certainly don’t buy in to it anymore.

• Like Like x 4
  4. ben#4046

ben#4046 Active Member

I'm rapidly losing faith. They really shouldn't be charging forward with a new game when the current game is still in the state it's in. I agree they should stop trying to paint over the cracks and make they current game work properly. It's very frustrating for me and I'm someone like many others that they should be listening to as I've invested already a considerable amount of financial investment in in terms of dlc bought.

• Like Like x 6
  5. ben#4046

ben#4046 Active Member

I will say now that personally I won't be investing any more financially until they decide to make a commitment to really working on fixing the multitude of errors that exist in the current game. It's not good enough.

• Like Like x 3
  6. 2 new routes and heavily upgraded route, new weather. I would call it better.

• Like Like x 2
  7. ben#4046

ben#4046 Active Member

I wouldn't. Do you work for dovetail? This is not sufficient to cover how broken the original game is. Why arnt these issues being addressed. I'm getting tired of the 'welcome to tsw2' excuses like it's ok for the game to work so poorly and inconsistantly

• Like Like x 3
  8. ben#4046

ben#4046 Active Member

Just creating new and probably broken routes and an upgraded route which also probably won't run properly or is optimised poorly isn't going to sway my opinion.

• Like Like x 3
  9. ben#4046

ben#4046 Active Member

The weather system should be included as an update

• Like Like x 2
  10. ben#4046

ben#4046 Active Member

Also one of the least consistent, poorly optimised fps and liable to crash routes

• Like Like x 5
  11. If I worked for dtg I would have been fired quite long ago.

Definitely fired on Wednesday I think.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 26, 2022
    • Like Like x 7
  12. ben#4046

ben#4046 Active Member

I'm sorry to rant but I've held my tongue and reported issues that by enlarge haven't been addressed for long enough.

13. ben#4046

ben#4046 Active Member

If I reported every issue I encounter Id never be off this forum. It's bordering on ridiculous how error ridden this game is.

• Like Like x 2
  14. ben#4046

ben#4046 Active Member

haha ok fair enough. I appreciate your optimistic approach. I'm just fed up with nothing being properly sorted out then the community is just expected to accept it.

15. I'm definitely cross with dtg because of tsw2 bugs moving to tsw3, quite cross if these bugs affect the 3 new routes. Now that the games been preloaded to ms and Sony stores perhaps its the final build and they'll now concentrate on bugs.

• Like Like x 3
  16. ben#4046

ben#4046 Active Member

Well it's possible but I think what they're relying upon is people thinking this could be the case but if history has shown us anything it is they they have terrible housekeeping and attention to detail and I'm cross also that they would bring out a 3rd iteration when people have spent fortunes on a game in good faith that is still pretty broken and in honesty doing the bare minimum in fixing the issues just to string along the community enough to keep spending money. They clearly don't care about the community.

• Like Like x 3
  17. ben#4046

ben#4046 Active Member

I have very little faith given all this that anything will change. They have proven time and again how lazy and greedy they can be in they're approach and attitude.

• Like Like x 1
  18. ben#4046

ben#4046 Active Member

I can just imagine this post being looked at and them having a good old giggle in the knowledge that no matter what they do people will allow them to continue this bad practice and continue to fund them in the hope that one day they will release a game that has at the very least been properly tested. I doubht it will happen though.

19. owenroser19

owenroser19 Well-Known Member

Exactly. No way it should warrant an entirely new game

• Like Like x 3
  20. jack travers

jack travers Well-Known Member

Do you work for anyone? You go make a better tsw2

21. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

I’m not usually tolerant of multiple rants in a single thread by one person but to be fair, he isn’t the one being paid to make TSW2. He, like the rest of us are the ones doing the paying and we have a right to expect a product that works for our money.

While critical errors exist in TSW2 routes that we have paid for (such as the crashing on BML), they should be fixed and not just in TSW3. I’m not talking about preservation crew updates, which we have no right to expect, though they are nice, but actual errors that stop the game from working as intended.

• Like Like x 6
  22. shhweeet#4292

shhweeet#4292 Well-Known Member

TSW3 hasn’t been released yet so if at all possible? I honestly think DTG should just pull the plug on the whole TSW3 idea and re evaluate it as a TSW2 update with the routes as TSW2 dlc add ons. Better to do this than alienate its fan base even more when the TSW3 game if released as that inevitably disappoints with all its probable bugs and faults. The TSW fan base as far as I can see is seriously unhappy with the way this game is going and they WILL eventually drift away to something else if these substandard and clearly money grabbing releases continue. Leave the TSW3 title for when you eventually stop supporting 8th gen consoles which will eventually happen when 8th gen / PS4 do become the minority and the 9th gen / PS5 drops in price and becomes guaranteed over the counter available and develop a properly sorted bug free TSW game for 9th gen which make full use of its capabilities. Only then will it make any real sense for players to fork out for a completely new TSW title.

We all want DTG to succeed because we enjoy this game or at least the concept of it otherwise we wouldn’t be here but currently they are making it increasingly difficult for many of us to really want to continue to support them.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2022
    • Like Like x 5
  23. WipEout_F7200#3763

WipEout_F7200#3763 Member

To answer the question in the thread title...
    "Is TSW3 going to be better?"

Honestly it depends on what you deem "better"

Personally in my opinion I think it will be. However that doesn't mean it will be perfect.