Pre Order Benifits Not Working

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Ethan11101, Aug 27, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ethan11101

Ethan11101 Member

Hi, i just preordered TSW3 and i could get early access for 4 days but when i try to launch it, it gives me the error (You're too early). how could i fix this?

Attached Files:

2. danistarwars

danistarwars Active Member

That's because early access starts 02/09

• Like Like x 2
  3. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

The game isn't released yet. The point of a preorder is to buy the game before it releases and then you get bonus stuff for preordering it. It will be available September 2 or 3 depending on your region and platform.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Krazy

Krazy Well-Known Member

You misread what it said. It doesn’t say that you’d get early access for 4 days immediately, but rather it says that you’d get early access 4 days before the game releases.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  5. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

No, you don’t get early access. I don’t really get the concept of “release dates”. If the game is ready and loaded onto the store now, surely we should be able to play it. Why delay it? I see it as those that pre-order can play it on 2 September. The rest of us get 4 days “late access”.

It’s the same with music and DVDs etc. I went into a record store a few years back (remember those?) and they were playing the latest CD by an artist and I could see several copies behind the counter. I asked to buy a copy and they refused because “it wasn’t released until next Monday”. Madness.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Princess Entrapta

Princess Entrapta Well-Known Member

Because there's not necessarily a version of it that's finished and ready on the store. There's a placeholder page to order it via, and on the backend there'll be a build they submitted a while back for certification, the sort of not quite finished build you hope to replace with a day one patch, but which will run in a pinch, and also probably a more recent build they aim to have live for the 2nd which may or may not have finished the certification process but we can hope includes fixes like the spawn on foot times. Letting people play a game the moment it's available to preorder on a store would mean them essentially playing a buggy and unfinished build. The one you have QA testing.

• Like Like x 1
  7. DXR8002

DXR8002 Well-Known Member

What an epic fail of a topic.

• Like Like x 6
  8. Bradley

Bradley Well-Known Member

No signs of intelligent life in these parts then

• Like Like x 9
  9. hells.high.lord666

hells.high.lord666 Well-Known Member

It's easy to fix this error! You leave the game alone until September 2nd!

• Like Like x 3
  10. WVUadam

WVUadam Well-Known Member

It won't work because early access starts September 2nd.

• Like Like x 1
  11. pinxtonpaws

pinxtonpaws Well-Known Member

I know most are aware of the dates but if you aren't....

"When you pre-order on your selected store, you will have 4-day Early Access to Train Sim World 3 as well as a bonus decal pack to use within the livery editor to share on Creators Club, the home of player customization in Train Sim World."
    (https://live.dovetailgames.com/live/train-sim-world/articles/article/master-the-machine-with-tsw3)

...does kind of give the impression that as soon as you preorder you'll be granted that 4 days early access, so without any mention of "from September 2nd" within that paragraph it could come across as a little misleading.
    To further confuse matters, if you click any of the 'preorder now' links, aside from a single (partially obscured and very easily missable) "out 6th september", no indication whatsoever of the release date is given on that and all subsequent links upto and including what you are presented with on the xbox store page...so yeah, fully understandable how the op was in the dark over this early access thing.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2022
  12. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

The release date is the 6th so 4 days early access can only mean from the 2nd. It is 4 days earlier than the 6th. If anyone misunderstands that then that is a real shame for them. When a message is shown telling the person that they are too early and that still doesn’t click for them then that is a real shame for the future of the human race in general.

• Like Like x 8
  13. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

Something's seriously wrong with the forum if it takes 11 posts to explain this.

• Like Like x 4
  14. @l3x_Fr

@l3x_Fr Active Member

Do you really have to be so obnoxious to a person who only misread the EAccess date information? I don't think so!!!
    We see you everywhere on this forum, and nowhere at the same time in view of your often chaotic answers... abstain for the good of this forum, its people, as well as the "human race". Pathetic.

• Like Like x 1
  15. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

I do sometimes overstep the mark. This was not one of those occasions. I replied after someone said it was easy to be confused. I didn’t have to post of course but there was a message saying ‘you’re too early’ in huge letters and that can’t be misunderstood, so I said what I said. I wasn’t the first to post a reply that could be seen as having a laugh or having a go.

16. krustynuggets

krustynuggets Well-Known Member

Dude I'm definitely in your corner, the human species is slowly forgetting how to use their brains and it's terrifying to watch, I'm a idiot that left school when I was 12 and I can fully understand how release dates work, so if I can do it and they can't the planet is doomed........

• Like Like x 4
  17. DagiLajki

DagiLajki New Member

WOW... this forum is really toxic as f... this is my third and probably last post here... For me in my native language those 4 days of early access was also very misleading... I was 100% sure it means 96h of gameplay as soon as I make preorder... When I realized that this is fixed to 2nd of September I resigned from making this preorder... (HINT... I acknowledged this from YT clip with developers of the game... because there was ZERO information clarifying this on ms store preorder site) and it looks like this place is not moderated at all with so many hateful posts not being removed yet... zero moderation -> spitting hate on people -> i'm out of here.

EARLY ACCESS does not mean it must be fixed to a certain date !!! Look how it works at Steam platform...

Last edited: Aug 29, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Yorkshirelad

Yorkshirelad Active Member

Please return your console to where you bought it from. Immediately.

19. Princess Entrapta

In general, when there is a timed window with a specific amount of time listed for early availability of playing a game prior to a specified launch date, that amount of time is specifically tied to the launch date. That's been an industry standard for years, dating back to the earliest attempts to tempt players into digital purchases over disc. Before the concept of "steam early access" which redefined the term there to mean a form of alpha testing of an unfinished title, as opposed to the conventional understanding of the term as "a pre-street date period".

Just so you know for the future, the XBox term for that is the XBox "Game Preview" programme. So look for that badge on games if you want to test incomplete software.

(As an example of what to look for, here's the Ooblets icon from the XBox dashboard)
    upload_2022-8-29_21-14-47.png

Last edited: Aug 29, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Knightfire1964

Knightfire1964 Well-Known Member

I am sorry but this seems to a be this is a normal thing to say early access and it comes a few days before official release. Games like f1 manager 22 did 5 days early access the deluxe edition for the f1 22 game was from the day it was released even the new Harry Potter game states that its early access is from the date of release. People seriously need to read carefully as it seems many people don't. If it was to be hearly access from the moment you pre ordered surely that would seem odd many people pre playing a game all at different times 2 or 3 months before a game is officially released

21. DagiLajki

DagiLajki New Member

Oh so there are nice people here after all ;) Thank you very much for your comprehensive and polite explanation. I bow low ;) The only thing I can say in my defense is that I am indeed a young gamer in the XBOX ecosystem (which is not at all limited to consoles anymore, after all). I've been playing games for some 30 years now.... I started with a C64 / A1200 and then there was a PC with an AMD Duron 600MHz CPU (so long ago that early access was signaled with brands like Skidrow etc. if you know what I mean ;)) Then came the era of Steam and there was my first contact with the term Early Access.... My first contact with the "xbox world" was barely 2 years ago and now I know that here it means something different.

Regards

• Like Like x 2
  22. DagiLajki

DagiLajki New Member

There is no indication clarifying this exactly on purchase/preorder page. It is 50/50 like flip of the coin to me. (As I said before. First info about fixed date to 2nd of September I heard in YT clip from developers of the game because I had no idea it is a common thing for all xbox games...)

Early access means early access... I don't understand your concern in your last sentence... It is not like preorder is announced when game is like in half way finished right?... what is the difference between people playing it 4 days before premiere and 1 month before premiere if it is ready to play already?

23. Princess Entrapta

That's the thing, it's not ready to play already. They put up a placeholder where you can preorder it, but even the predownload only showed up a few days ago, as prior to that the game likely had not even passed certification yet. And there are generally still day one patches which fix critical issues for most titles, and often a patch the day any prerelease window opens.

24. eric7676

eric7676 Member

All I can say is I thought 4 days early access mean you can play the game before it release on the 6th. They had the same thing going on at GameStop. Where you can access games with a 4 day early access. Take the dics home and play it.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  25. DagiLajki

DagiLajki New Member

English grammar is not that precise as in other languages... it can be easily interpreted both ways if sentence is short enough and every linguistic expert will confirm it to you. We are talking about the thing that is obvious and common for people who play xbox games long enough that this is obvious for them here... For me more common explanation of term "early access" is that invented by Valve. Is that mean that I am dumb for you?

• Like Like x 1
  26. DTG JD

DTG JD Director of Community Staff Member

OP has been answered, and this has descended into slanging matches. Locking this thread.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.