Journey Chapters, Are They Worth It?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by jtmdias#2874, Aug 27, 2022.

1. jtmdias#2874

jtmdias#2874 New Member

I was wondering if you think the journey chapters is an important part for you to enjoy the route, I personally don’t think it’s such a big deal but I complete them as much as I can. What about you?

2. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

The good thing about journey chapters is that you don't really know what to expect. You could have a sunny run and then the next one might be rainy. And then have the scenario in between for a change. Also some journey chapters flow. You just continue where you left off in the previous service such as in Clinchfield. Feeling like a full day job. I just do it just for the feeling of completion and then do timetable services.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Tigert1966

Tigert1966 Well-Known Member

I don’t bother with journey mode personally, I just like to pick and choose what I run.

I can see the appeal though. It’s like a story mode and it gives people something to aim for. I think it’s worthwhile having it in the game.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2022
  4. shhweeet#4292

shhweeet#4292 Well-Known Member

I always play journey mode first and play service mode for a particular type of train I still want to drive after the journey mode completion of it.

5. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

Pesonally I’ve never bothered. I rather do what I want to do, not want DTG want me to do.

6. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

There's no logic to it from what I can see. It's not like you follow a train through the day. There's no real explanation to incentivise you , doesn't say if it's an a2b or a service which has a little more to it on some routes.

plus, journey mode to me means rain or snow.

• Like Like x 1
  7. pipanminuta#9703

pipanminuta#9703 Well-Known Member

I really can't care less about journey chapters personally.

8. SonicScott91

SonicScott91 Well-Known Member

Journey mode is just a playlist of tutorials, scenarios and hand-picked services; there's not really anything special about it. The only thing it has going for it is the "not knowing what weather you'll get" thing, but with the advent of dynamic weather in TSW3, that will become a redundant point.

I find using service mode and return to free roam to link multiple services together without loading back to the menu to be the more enjoyable option.

All I want out of journey mode in TSW3 is that items get ticked off when playing them outside of journey mode. It bothers my completionist mind when items I've already completed aren't registered as complete on that menu.

• Like Like x 1
  9. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

I quite enjoy where they have been put together in a logical structured fashion. What’s frustrating is when, the supposedly hand picked runs fall down to a bug in the scenario or sequencing (like the infamous Chopper And Change on TVL) which then prevents you finishing all the runs in the chapter. Not only that, you then have to manually bring up the list and skip to the next ones below. Any and every run chosen for Journey mode should have been manually play tested to ensure it’s not bugged.

10. shhweeet#4292

shhweeet#4292 Well-Known Member

Just out of interest if you transfer your old TSW2 dlc’s into TSW3 do you get the new dynamic weather and clouds in journey mode as well as service mode?

I know this has been asked and answered before but I can’t honestly remember what the answer was or which thread the answer was in?

11. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

I have mixed feelings. Some are designed very poor, putting each engine in a separate chapter, or putting the hardest scenario immediately after the training module. In other cases they are nice to play. In TSW3 it will be better, there you get at least info on how long it will take and the description.