What Dlc/addons Will I Need To Drive Leeds-kings Cross

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by fdswqe#8728, Aug 28, 2022.

Tags:
  1. fdswqe#8728

fdswqe#8728 New Member

Hey everyone. I'm very new to the TS world. I bought TS2021 yesterday and one route I've always wanted to drive was the Leeds - Kings Cross on the Class 91.

But, the whole TS thing is so confusing. It seems like I need 10+ dlcs to play this route and I have no idea where to start.

Can somebody point me in the right direction and let me know what I'll be needing to play this route. Thank you!

2. JJTimothy

JJTimothy Well-Known Member

There's no one route but all of it is available. From Dovetail in Steam there's ECML London-Peterborough and York-Peterborough. For Doncaster to Leeds it gets complicated- you're looking at Leeds Lines Phase 1 from Alan Thomson: https://alanthomsonsim.com/downloads/leeds-lines-doncaster-to-leeds/ which is made up of assets from other routes and DLC that you will need to own some of which are payware.

Can't speak for the Leeds Lines routes since I don't have it.

3. Craigie-C

Craigie-C Well-Known Member

There is a complete route available.
    https://alanthomsonsim.com/download...e-london-kings-cross-to-leeds-and-york-merge/
    As a newbie to TS this will not come cheap, the requirements are:-
    Firstly you will need to purchase an ATS Subscription, then,
    • ATS OHLE Pack
    • Leeds Lines and it’s dependencies
    • DTG East Coast Mainline South Kings Cross – Peterborough
    • Creative Rail – Peterborough – York
    • DTG North London & Goblin lines
    • DTG Portsmouth Direct Line (London Waterloo – Portsmouth Harbour)
    • DTG Southampton Bournemouth (SWML)
    • DTG South London Lines
    • DTG Great Eastern Mainline (Liverpool Street – Ipswich)
    Maybe this could be a work towards as your DLC library grows.
    Be aware this hobby can very quickly become both very addictive and expensive, great fun though.

4. paulc

paulc Well-Known Member

I was new to TSC in March this year, all I wanted to do was have the whole WCML to drive as TSW are not listening in making any of it in the modern era! Anyway fast forward to now & I have all the route DLC & their dependencies which includes an ATS subscription & quite a lot of rolling stock to drive on it, for the route alone probably looking at the £100 mark maybe abit more then all the nice enhanced DLC from the likes of Armstrong Powerhouse & Just Trains to make the experience enjoyable & realistic & that's where the figures get scary!

5. fdswqe#8728

fdswqe#8728 New Member

Can you let me know what you've installed? A list would do great. My goal also is to get thee whole ECML.

6. paulc

paulc Well-Known Member

From Alan Thomson website..

Requirements;
    RSC Great Eastern Mainline
    WCML Over Shap
    DTG Liverpool to Manchester
    DTG North Wales Coastal
    Branded or unbranded version. The installer will automatically use the files from whichever version is installed. If both versions are installed, the branded version will be used
    DTG West Coast Mainline South
    OHLE Pack
    Trent Valley*
    UKTS Blocks & Lofts / Clutter / Buildings*
    *Updates will remove these as requirements in future releases. The parts of the route using these files can be downloaded free in the supplementary files below.

https://alanthomsonsim.com/downloads/west-coast-mainline-midlands-and-northwest-aka-missing-link/

You will need the above requirements + an Alan Thomson annual subscription to download which is I think £35 per year

+ For the rest of the route you will need WCML North, WCML over Shap, WCML Trent Valley, WCML south. Then to have any decent traction to drive you will need some Armstrong Powerhouse enhancement packs for the 66, & 86 & their stand alone 87 loco + rolling stock!

It gets expensive fast but worth it imo, you can build up your collection over a period of time to suit you.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2022
  7. fdswqe#8728

fdswqe#8728 New Member

[REMOVED - Alex: Inappropriate Content]

8. paulc

paulc Well-Known Member

Yeah no probs, I'll just add up what I've spent & send you a bill, once payment is received I'll send them over :|

9. fdswqe#8728

fdswqe#8728 New Member

[REMOVED - Alex: Inappropriate Content]

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2022