Tws 2 Not Optimized Enough For Ps5

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by chiefbeef#7841, Aug 18, 2022.

1. chiefbeef#7841

chiefbeef#7841 New Member

Hey everyone,

I am new here, i wanted to know if anyone has been having lags on the PS5 despite it being a powerful console.

• Like Like x 1
  2. LIRRGuy

LIRRGuy Well-Known Member

Sir, TSW 2 is basically dead at This point soooooooooo, but all I can say is laggy points are mainly on BML and HMA

• Like Like x 4
  3. Fitz

Fitz Well-Known Member

I have started playing the CCL route on PS5 lately and the stuttering is very bad at times. Worse than PS4 from memory. It tends to happen alot when I apply the brake and move brake steps.

4. Dinger75

Dinger75 Well-Known Member

Yeah TSW 2 is a mess on PS5 with only a few routes which are smooth(ish).

I noticed a real drop in performance with the update that came with SoS. VRR was actually working quite well before that patch hit, now though not so much as it dips below 48fps way too much

What really worries me is that everything DTG is saying is that TSW 3 is exactly the same.

I am fast coming to the conclusion that PlayStation is just an afterthought for DTG. It has only gone even more downhill since Matt became Executive Producer, as its pretty clear where he is more focused

• Like Like x 5
  5. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

Hmm yes I can’t think of any large projects that Matt has been leading, purely because of PS. Trophies? Nope, DLC manager? Nope, those are in no way related to PS.

The fact is that all platforms have their issue, and PS is nowhere near the bottom of any list when it comes to DTG’s focus.

6. Dinger75

Dinger75 Well-Known Member

Really?

Matt told us that PS4 to PS5 transfers would be looked at after PS5 dlc fix. The fix isn't even out and that has been dumped

The PS5 dlc fix pretty much wasn't even touched until around 5 months in. Hell, even creation club was a higher priority than customers being able to play paid for content.

Let's not forget that while the limit was introduced by Sony, it was DTG that were blindsided because they couldn't be bothered to read the documents Sony provided them regarding the issue

And you can't tell me they test properly for the platform after IoW getting released on PS4 without the water texture (DTG are publisher and tester for Rivet). Seriously how could you miss that when one of the stations is literally surrounded by water

So no, there is no evidence of Matt considering the platform and that player base as anything other as than the runt of the litter

• Like Like x 6
  7. YASUKE

YASUKE Active Member

Yeah, I can’t play the expansion timetable of SKA, my game crash instantly

8. TheTipsyRaccoon

TheTipsyRaccoon Well-Known Member

Which trophy issue are you referring to? The limit on ps5 for trophies that DTG went mysteriously quiet about because they couldn’t/wouldn’t fix it? Or the current list of broken trophies? Because that one’s affecting all platforms and has been referred to in all official communications as an ‘achievements fix’ to the point where I was, for a time, dubious that PlayStation will even get the fix.

Either way neither issue really screams that PlayStation is a priority.

• Like Like x 1
  9. chiefbeef#7841

if tw3 will be the tw2 idk if i want to spend my money on it now

• Like Like x 1
  10. erg73

erg73 Well-Known Member

Surprisingly, the first version that was released a year ago for ps5 worked much better and smoother than it does now. I don't know why, but it's running worse and worse as they release updates. It reminds me a bit of Ferrari's F1 improvements during the season....

Last edited: Aug 19, 2022
    • Like Like x 3
  11. antwerpcentral

antwerpcentral Well-Known Member

Even TSW3 doesn't look optimised for gen9

• Like Like x 4
  12. chiefbeef#7841

well this is bad. gonna try it out and see

13. Observadorpt

Observadorpt Active Member

at least tsw 2 xbox series x version runs much better than in a ps5.

• Like Like x 1
  14. YASUKE

YASUKE Active Member

It’s not a question of which console run better the game, it’s the lack of optimization from DTG

• Like Like x 3
  15. kekanha#4892

kekanha#4892 Active Member

that was the main cause of anticipating the departure of TSW3. the search engine of TSW2, which was inserted when update 156 was never reliable, and since October 19 the procedures for the launch of TSW 3 will begin. If you are a regular player, you will remember that the problems (gliches and bugs) began since October. It was a smart solution.

16. pveezy

pveezy Well-Known Member

Definitely notice performance getting worse on PS5. It’s always been a taxing game on the system but it used to be smooth pretty much every route except London Commuter. Now I get FPS drops way more on other routes.

• Like Like x 2
  17. MYG92

MYG92 Well-Known Member

It’s like with TSW2 on PS4 version, the more update and DLC it got, the more laggy the game went especially at the cutscene while launching the game I’m literally fighting with my joystick so I can skip that bloody laggy intro

• Like Like x 3
  18. WipEout_F7200#3763

WipEout_F7200#3763 Member

I started running the PS4 version on my PS5 and it feels like the PS4 version has better graphics... In the options on PS4 game there's a setting the enables 4K however on PS5 game this option is missing. I would assume the PS5 version is running in 4K by default and I've deluded myself into thinking the PS4 version is better, but perhaps the lack of the option to ensure the game is running in 4k on PS5 could be the problem... Imo.

19. Yorkshirelad

Yorkshirelad Well-Known Member

PS5 probably runs like dirt, compared to Xbox and PC, simply because PS5 will either use Open GL or Vulkan, the xbox and PC versions both use DirectX, which is easier to optimise, than the latter, plus with how Pony has been this generation I'm not surprised devs don't want to work on it.

• Like Like x 1
  20. arek#2842

arek#2842 Well-Known Member

Actually, in regards to TSW only - TSW3 release is quite a good opportunity if you want to change the platform you're using now, especially if you're still on PS4. As the old routes will only get dynamic weather upgrade and progress from TSW2 on PS4 to TSW3 on PS5 is not possible to be transfered, you can as well start from the scratch on XBOX X instead of PS5.
    Of course if you can live without routes from TSW2, otherwise you would have to purchase it again and then it is not such a good deal ;)

21. antwerpcentral

But also on Xbox Series S/X TSW performs like crap. Switching platforms doesn't make TSW run any better. I switched from PS4 to Xbox Series and don't regret the switch in any way but it's on Xbox I stopped playing TSW because it does not live up to what I've come to experience as gen9 optimised games.

• Like Like x 1
  22. pveezy

pveezy Well-Known Member

Yeah with about $300 of DLC I won’t be switching platforms any time soon . But to be honest from what I see/hear the performance/optimization seems to be an issue on all platforms. That was one of the reasoning for DTG saying the DLC mounting is coming to all platforms even though only PS5 has a DLC limit. The more DLC you install apparently the worse performance gets.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  23. steveownzzz#6107

steveownzzz#6107 Well-Known Member

From some research, my understanding is that Pony used a proprietary API in the PS5 that has similar specifications to DX12 Ultimate. It's a closed ecosystem so we don't know what functions have been left in or out. But it's not like they're using some low level API, right?
    There's also plenty of complaints of stuttering on the other platforms so I'm hesitant to blame Pony at this point. I wish it were that simple; I'd just sell my PS5 and get an Xbox Series X.

24. arek#2842

Are you running TSW2 on XBOX Series S or X?

25. antwerpcentral

Nope TSW is not performing like an optimised gen 9 title on both X & S. Why anyone would try to sell TSW as a game to test the prowess of the Xbox Series X is beyond me. TSW performs like crap on all platforms. TSW is not a game to switch platforms over.

From my experience with TSW on Xbox was that the game was left behind on that platform. Don't sell Xbox as the ultimate TSW hardware because it isn't.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  26. arek#2842

Well, I don't own any XBOX, I just have PS4. I wanted to know your personal feeling about how TSW is working on XBOX S or X, if you happened to have one of those, in comparison to XBOX One or PS4.
    I'm quite interested especially about XBOX S, as this is standing somewhere between 8th and 9th generation, so is it impacted by all the limitations of 8th gen or just some of them?

27. antwerpcentral

The S a good machine, amazing hardware considering the pricing. I switched from PS4. Never used my PS4 again. But TSW is very disappointing on gen9. Even gen8 titles look and perform way better than TSW on series S

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  28. Pipe

Pipe Well-Known Member

There was me considering an upgrade to PS5 as soon as we get the DLC limitation fixed.
    But no, I don´t think so. Not for TSW anyway.

• Like Like x 2
  29. pveezy

pveezy Well-Known Member

Series X and PS5 have almost identical power. They both should be powerful enough to handle TSW. TSWs performance issues are related to optimization and bugs. Like the bugged Dosto that kills FPS on all platforms.

• Like Like x 4
  30. WipEout_F7200#3763

WipEout_F7200#3763 Member

Thinking about it I might approach tsw3 like
    If I wanna play tsw2 content I'll use tsw2, and keep tsw 3 for tsw3 content.

31. Fitz

Fitz Well-Known Member

That's exactly how I'm going to handle things until TSW3 is more established. I'm going to play the 2 side by side as suits as I don't see TSW3 as a finished article that I can make a clean jump to for at least the next 6 months.

• Like Like x 2