Road Map Train Sim World 3 - Roadmap Part 1 10th August 2022

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Jamie, Aug 10, 2022.

1. alexjjones6024

alexjjones6024 Well-Known Member

Just to say that since the routes for TSW3 are going to be up to 100 miles, this might tie up with Just Trains delay as most of their routes are miles long. Just healthy speculation..

• Like Like x 4
  2. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

The Hamburg Altona Innsbruck/Wien Hbf Hans Albers nightjet has a Autoracks Ddm 915 Sekqrs type. How would DTG do that? To me they will slap a Laaers 560 behind the IC coach which is the Seating carriages on these types of sleeper train. Hamburg Altona Innsbruck Wien Hbf Hans Albers is actually a DB BR101 München Augsburg Nürnberg Würzburg 02:50 03:10 Lohr 03:30 Asschaffenburg. 182 is the Würzburg to Aachen/Duisburg Oberhausen Arnhem train.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2022
  3. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

I did ask them if the Riesa-Dresden 146.2 can run Aachen Köln Hauptstrecke Rhein Ruhr RE1 NRW Express trips.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

How about " enlargement "?

5. heyitspopcorn

heyitspopcorn Well-Known Member

No thanks, I get enough spam emails about that already.

• Like Like x 8
  6. dhekelian

dhekelian Well-Known Member

How about we stick to 'extension' and not let DTG control which seems healthier to me.

• Like Like x 1
  7. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

Isn’t the “International Language” spelling Extnetion? :)

8. BeastyBill88

BeastyBill88 Well-Known Member

Need this answering/confirming by staff please after reading through the roadmap. We all know red light issues have been a big issue for several routes and were to be looked at and fixed for TSW2, so why is this core feature fix only listed to be fixed for TSW3, is it just another case of miscommunication between departments or you just kicking this issue in the bin for TSW2 because TSW2.1 (sorry TSW3) is coming out?

upload_2022-8-21_18-43-38.png

This is a game breaking bug at best since you can't complete scenarios or services because of red lights. Main one for many people is any GWR services from Reigate to Redhill on the Brighton mainline as the on call signal isn't working when there is another train in the platform, it was reported months ago here on the forums and on the Dovetail support website, yet nothing has been done.

If it's the case that you are only fixing red light issues on TSW3, why should myself and many others be forced to buy it in order to get these bug fixes in DLC from TSW2? These were an issue long before TSW3 even came to fruition and shouldn't just be kicked to the bin because of the "new" game coming out. I would strongly recommend that the fixes are brought to TSW2 alongside the "new" game especially since you have other fixes and improvements for the BML listed on the roadmap.

• Like Like x 10
  9. junior hornet

I may be wrong here, and I certainly hope not, but I think that whereas the routes for TSW1 had to be converted individually to work in TSW2, this isn’t the case for TSW3 as they are all deemed to work straight away, you just need to download them again. This means that there is only one version of a DLC (apart from SEHS and SOS) and therefore any bug fixes for existing routes should work for both. I wouldn’t put money on it though. That’s just my theory.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2022
  10. orb

orb Well-Known Member

That isn't the case. The TSW2 DLCs need to be rebaked for TSW3 (it was said on one of the live streams by Matt), so they have no single version.

11. junior hornet

I hope we’re not left with a soggy bottom then. :)

• Like Like x 1
  12. meridian#2659

meridian#2659 Well-Known Member

I never save when driving services or shifts. Want the ultimate experience?
    Get up at 3AM and spawn on foot at 3:10 at tees yard. In tvl make 2 merry go round services (half shift) in one loaded game. 3:15 to redcar, back to tees yard with loaded HEA, 5am back to redcar into the sunrise, then back to tees yard. Done around 7am to start the day in real life ;).

Never needed to save my services except for screenshots or sandbox gameplay.

• Like Like x 3
  13. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Yes well as said before, not everyone has the ability or desire to spend hours at a time in front of a computer screen, hence the need to save.

• Like Like x 4
  14. meridian#2659

meridian#2659 Well-Known Member

They implemented the feature, so it should work properly.

• Like Like x 1
  15. ottselmaster

ottselmaster Well-Known Member

So is TSW2 just... done? Not even bug fixes anymore?

16. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

They are still releasing some updates to it like manual firing and preservation updates and dynamic weather I believe.

• Like Like x 1
  17. OldVern

Well actually, as per my comments in the "Spirit Of Save" thread, the last several times it's worked perfectly okay for me.
    Which is why I feel so strongly that DTG should be including it "as is" as an option in TSW3, until/if they come up with a replacement. As we know that commitment is entirely open ended and it is just as likely to get buried leaving TSW3 permanently without any form of save game. They weren't exactly honest about the pause which was supposedly to straighten out TSW2, when they knew quite well TSW3 was being worked on, so how can I trust them on this issue?

• Like Like x 2
  18. torfmeister

torfmeister Guest

Trust your friends, not a company. If it's not implemented, don't buy it until it is. Time will show. It's your choice - if you feel you need this (most limited train simulation of all with a praised "Training Centre" that doesn't even come close to TSC's TestTrak) then buy it with all its shortcomings.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 27, 2022
    • Like Like x 5
  19. Dougyhowzer

Dougyhowzer Member

Are you kidding me ? The save feature has been broken for many years , and deciding to disable in entirely because of it’s ongoing issues is a pure lazy excuse at best .

if you actually prioritize this issue from the get go rather than let it go on for 5 years this issue would of been resolved and you wouldidnt have to remove the save game option which is essential .

You guys clearly only care about rushing out content without any QA to maximize profit

• Like Like x 9
  20. dalekjimster#9505

dalekjimster#9505 New Member

I have a 2 part question about 'The Training Centre', 1st regarding the parked trains, will all those trains appear or do you have to own the DLC's first and my 2nd question regarding an old issue, in a recent stream you mentioned that all the preservation crew updates are complete, but the 'GWR's' 'HST' and 'class 166' are still not available to edit in Livery Designer?

• Like Like x 1
  21. Richard CZE

Richard CZE Well-Known Member

I never used the save game option. I will not miss this feature.

22. OldVern

Just because you don’t use it doesn’t mean the majority of players don’t and it is most certainly needed for longer runs or by players who can only spend limited amounts of time on the game.

• Like Like x 3
  23. johntay

johntay Member

Hi folks sorry to be a pain not sure if this has been asked yet. But it says we get access to this 4 days early if we preorder does this mean for days before the 6th wii hi which would be the 2nd or is 6th already the 4 days early.

many thanks John

24. matt#4801

matt#4801 Well-Known Member

Early access starts from the 2nd mate.

• Like Like x 1
  25. johntay

johntay Member

Thank you so much for the reply appreciated

• Like Like x 1
  26. philwest#7393

philwest#7393 Member

I suppose this is all down to the coding, how much has been transferred from TSW2 rather than starting again from scratch. Perhaps DTG need to get some fresh eyes in on the issues. I don’t understand coding it’s like a foreign language to me! I can only think that each route is like an individual game and as such asking the save game to work properly for so many individual games is causing a problem, if that makes sense!

27. matt#4801

matt#4801 Well-Known Member

That's alright mate.

28. rennekton#1349

They are part of the base package I believe. Giving trains livery designer support takes a really long time just for 1 train so it's unlikely to come at the same time as the preservation update.

29. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Practically all.
    Virtually none.

30. philwest#7393

philwest#7393 Member

Could explain the expected issues then!

31. dhekelian

This way of thinking is a slippery slope. Gamers should care if game features are removed. Say for example there was a feature you really liked and not everyone used it and along came DTG and cut it out the game with some lame excuse. Tell me honestly would you be miffed?

• Like Like x 2
  32. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

I never use Scenario Editor; doesn't mean I don't appreciate the complaints of those players who do use it

• Like Like x 5
  33. Crosstie

That's worth emphasizing. I'm personally focused on the save game debacle, but I'm also concerned about, for example, the ridiculous download limit on Playstation and the game play issues affecting Xbox players.

For once, that silly mantra applies: We're all in this together.

• Like Like x 8
  34. WipEout_F7200#3763

WipEout_F7200#3763 Member

I was thinking about save game tbh. If there's a problem with the game remembering things when part way down a track...
    As a suggestion why not have a system where at every station (or major point of interest in freight routes) the game saves, player progress, but also contains the data on where everything on a route should be at that time. A bit like a checkpoint system where if you fail on your way to the next station the game will revert to the previous station instead of where the player saved down the line. You could then offer the option to disable this "auto save" feature for more challenging experiences.

35. WipEout_F7200#3763

The dlc limit on PS5 could probably be resolved, in my opinion, if the base game itself contained all the content and the dlc was released as those little download keys granting access.
    The PS5 imo is more than capable of loading games with ease with the SSD imo. This could be limited to the PS5 so that the PS4 version downloads everything like it always have. If file sizes is still too big perhaps it wouldn't hurt to explore the ways other companies have cut down on file sizes for games, yet managed to maintain the quality... Again as a suggestion.

• Like Like x 1
  36. swift19

swift19 Active Member

That wouldn't bother me as I own every dlc, but if you only wanted one or two routes you'd have to fill your 600gb ps5 with 150+ gb of game, most of which you won't be using or even have access to!?
    Not ideal and it would annoy a lot of users.

I wish they'd hurry up and release the addons manager.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  37. WipEout_F7200#3763

Same, I'm starting to get inpatient too tbh, there's a bout 3 days to go for early access and there's been no word or updates from dove tail for days... Kinda like they've vanished off the face of the earth.
    I hope they've ironed out any issues with TSW3 on console because there could be an uproar. Doubt I'll have issues, but people with an eye for spotting problems are gonna find them.

• Like Like x 2
  38. dhekelian

Perhaps they have run out of excuses mind you I'm sure they are working on one.

• Like Like x 1
  39. BeastyBill88

DTG JD now that you're back from holiday (hope you enjoyed your time off!) please could you answer my question as I don't get why this core bug fix is only coming to TSW3 when it has been promised for ages that it'll come for TSW2.

• Like Like x 1
  40. DTG Jamie

DTG Jamie Staff Member

Red Lights are an ongoing project, the team are investigating both large-scale and smaller-scale improvements we can make to Save Game, the Dispatcher, and problematic routes we’ve identified issues on, will keep you updated on any progress.

41. OldVern

Jamie as I have previously mentioned why can we not have the save game back in on an optional caveat emptor basis, or as a separate beta path version on Steam? It is just ridiculous that Matt or someone has taken this unilateral decision and is ignoring the pleas of those of us who do not have hours on end to finish a run in one go and quite happy with the 80% success rate of the current system. Please listen to reason on this. Even if too late for release day, get it back in ASAP and we will live with the flaws until something better comes along.

• Like Like x 4
  42. BeastyBill88

While I understand that it's an on going and complex issue and it's being looked into to fix it, it doesn't really answer my question from my original post, will these fixes and improvements to the red light issues be coming to TSW2 or is it only for TSW3 as stated in the roadmap?

• Like Like x 1
  43. dalekjimster#9505

dalekjimster#9505 New Member

I do understand that it takes time and fare enough, but what I don't understand is why other routes when they were updated included the loco's and rolling stock and this 1 was left out?

• Like Like x 1
  44. Crosstie

Unfortunately, what you, I and most everyone who has commented on the forum, see as " reasonable " doesn't seem to resonate with the powers that be in DTG. They've made an illogical decision and placed it behind an iron curtain.

All we can do, as players, is to keep the save game issue front and center in the vain hope that someone makes a wiser decision and brings it back.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2022
    • Like Like x 3
  45. dhekelian

This. As soon as you stop complaining about something is the time DTG move onto something else.

46. rennekton#1349

Depends on how much work is needed for each train. Each train requires different amounts of effort

47. OldVern

Sorry to quote my own message and tag you DTG Jamie but why are these suggestions for a compromise being ignored? Is the company or whoever made this decision so arrogant as to not want to accede to a request being made by many customers? Can we please have a reasoned response and certainly not along the lines that an occasionally unsuccessful save will pee off new users. All you need is to make it clear if we enable the function, it may not always work.

• Like Like x 2
  48. Calidore266

Calidore266 Well-Known Member

Why is this not a reasoned response?

49. OldVern

Because it’s not a reason, it’s an excuse.

And I see still no response from DTG. Beginning to regret my pre order and that refund button getting twitchy…

• Like Like x 2
  50. Callum B.

Callum B. Well-Known Member

I have yet to bite and feel vindicated as the days go by.

Cheers