Scrapped British Dlc - What Was It?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by TimTri, Aug 30, 2022.

1. TimTri

TimTri Well-Known Member

During the most recent roadmap stream, Matt summarized the various changes and upgrades made to the extended TSW3 version of SEHS.
    At about 17:50, he shared a very interesting tidbit: “We actually resurrected a little two-axle wagon that we built a very long time ago for an unreleased and unannounced pack.”

Does anyone have some good speculation or a solid theory regarding this never-released DLC? We rarely get to know about scrapped content for TSW, so this topic is quite interesting in my opinion!

Last edited: Aug 30, 2022
    • Like Like x 6
  2. skyMutt

skyMutt Well-Known Member

So if I'm not mistaken, this story dates back to a time between the releases of Great Western Express and West Somerset. A new UK route was apparently in its final phase of production. Though it was never directly mentioned which exact route it was, it's generally believed that this DLC might have involved operations with Virgin Trains (and presumably the new wagons would have been supplementary freight ops on this route, much like we saw with GWE). I think this theory derives from the fact that there was once a YouTube video posted on their channel showcasing a field trip out to study the rolling stock of Virgin Trains. They only really do these trips if they're developing a route that relates to this rolling stock, however it's the only one we have yet seen come to fruition. I think the video was deleted, but I'm not entirely sure.

All was well, until the DLC had to be scrapped because apparently a licensing agreement couldn't be made/made on time before its release. DTG believes (based on data), that most train simulator customers would heavily prefer a fully-licensed and branded route with real world logos and such, as opposed to an unbranded route with fictional TOC's. Thus, all the work that was put into this route was put on the shelf and left to collect dust.

That is, until they decided to resurrect this wagon, and finally put it to good use now. As far as we are aware, this is possibly the only piece of scrapped content in TSW, unless they're possibly hiding something else?

Last edited: Aug 30, 2022
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  3. skyMutt

skyMutt Well-Known Member

4. Delta_Who

Delta_Who Well-Known Member

There was a leaked DLC manifest file when TSW first came out. It was essentially supposed to be a "BR Heavy Freight Pack" type extension for GWE. There is concept art of the Class 08 in EWS colours. I'm guessing the wagon was part of this... and then transplanted to SEHS (TSW 3 version)

5. Delta_Who

Brief glimpse @ 1:11

• Like Like x 3
  6. Delta_Who

And the wagons to match [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  7. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Let me see a GWML EWS Class 08 shunter with the mentioned freight wagon

• Like Like x 1
  8. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Well, there are the FGW liveries on Great Western

• Like Like x 1
  9. TimTri

TimTri Well-Known Member

Thanks for your comments! I only joined the TSW community at the beginning of 2021, so I didn’t know about these old DLC plans & leaks. ;)

10. DTG Matt

DTG Matt Executive Producer Staff Member

The scrapped DLC was an EWS Class 08 for Great Western Express. We eventually rebuilt the 08 into the 09 that came out on West Somerset and you're just now getting the wagon :)

Matt.

• Like Like x 15
    • Helpful Helpful x 8
  11. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

Now I want an EWS 08 layer on GWE haha

• Like Like x 2
  12. SonicScott91

SonicScott91 Well-Known Member

It's a shame the EWS 08 was scrapped! There's no such thing as too many Gronks ;)

• Like Like x 1
  13. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

I agree and for the Gronks these also exist in NS Dutch Railways Paint Job Yellow and Black like this one
    [​IMG]
    The suited route for this Dutch Gronk locomotive is the HDU set in era 6 1991-2010 with Class 77 NS1500 being its companion as the Glorious Revolution pack for HDU merged form HDBU 1991-2010. BB7200 NS1600-1800 run freight and passengers there DB BR189 Duisburg Oberhausen Emmerich Zevenaar Arnhem Utrecht.
    Hollandstrecke Duisburg Utrecht Merged with HRR Hollandstrecke Duisburg Bochum Utrecht
    On Creators Club the Gronk has Thomas and Friends Paint jobs for Diesel Paxton Iron Arry and Bert since you can paint the front. To Spice, the Gronk add a DB BR010 on the Emmerich Am Rhein Utrecht Arnhem section as a railtour that means Gronks NS500-700 series uncouple Frieda the DB BR010 from railtour then attach the NS1600-1800 series locomotive the Dutch BB7200 cousin or Amtrak X996 cousin from Arnhem to Utrecht. Service started at Duisburg un merged with HRR on HDU but Bochum if the route was HDBU using the Mulheim Styrum junction.