Train Sim World 3 - Southeastern High Speed Deep Dive

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Alex, Aug 26, 2022.

1. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

Then there are some that moan about the moaners or complain about others complaining. How ironic

• Like Like x 2
  2. SonicScott91

SonicScott91 Well-Known Member

But they did give some people what they want, I wanted HS1 extended to Ashford. I remember commenting that in an extension thread back when SEHS 1.0 came out. I’m one happy customer :) If I had it my way, I probably would’ve thrown in the Sheerness branch too.

This is going to be the thing with extensions, everyone has their own idea of how and where a route should be extended. They’re not going to please everyone regardless of what they do.

• Like Like x 11
  3. tallboy7648

The only reason they extended the route was due to the "popularity". They apparently won't be doing future extensions.

Most 395 services don't even terminate at Ashford anyways. A route editor frankly would solve this problem. If only that were possible instead of relying on dtg for everything. Tsw would be so much better frankly

• Like Like x 1
  4. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

We all know there’s bob hope, no hope, billy hope, zero hope and you’re having a laugh hope calling out for that editor

• Like Like x 3
  5. tallboy7648

Hence why I said if only that were possible since I know an editor won't come nor am I having a laugh about it so maybe you should brush up on your reading skills

• Like Like x 1
  6. chieflongshin

Lets clarify here, I haven’t suggested you’re having a laugh. I’ve listed five separate members of the “hope” family in regards to the editor. Your reading skills identified this I gather…..

• Like Like x 1
  7. dhekelian

dhekelian Well-Known Member

It is DTG that say TSW is a simulator and they go further to say that the game is 'authentic' if they believe this then they should be as realistic as possible but we all know they are not. To me TSW is a video game with some sim elements and this is what imo DTG should lead with.

Didn't you read all the TSW3 threads? I didn't read anywhere that what people want is an extended sehs, GWE yeah brilliant. But what people were saying is that they wanted a NEW UK route not extension but new route I remember the Carlisle one being popular.

Aren't customers entitled to 'moan' about the cost of what they are buying? Some of us have to pay actual money and not get it for free you know. I remember in a thread not so long back where customers were 'moaning' about having better routes where they would pay more! I was one of them.

I think people have every right to question the pricing on anything I find it a bit rich that people think they can have a go at people for doing so.

• Like Like x 2
  8. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Only ~ 5 days to go \o/

• Like Like x 1
  9. erg73

erg73 Well-Known Member

On the PlayStation store there is a countdown for Friday at 11:00.
    So only 4 days to go :D

• Like Like x 2
  10. smugstarlord#4202

smugstarlord#4202 Well-Known Member

I think most can agree that this is going to be a "same crap, different game" situation

• Like Like x 5
  11. smugstarlord#4202

smugstarlord#4202 Well-Known Member

Don't get me started on the feathered rats

• Like Like x 4
  12. breblimator

breblimator Guest

I'm afraid the number of positive reviews on Steam, for example, is more than 50%. So "same crap" is not "most can agree".

• Like Like x 5
  13. sophieclarke1983

sophieclarke1983 Well-Known Member

Interesting article wonder if now we will actually be able to use siding at Faversham that we couldn’t in tsw2

• Like Like x 2
  14. ollyweston350

ollyweston350 Active Member

Does anyone know if the upgraded version of SOS on PS5 TSW3 will finally have the blood and custard livery coaches? That was my only disappointment, using the same maroon consists instead of mixed like which was shown in promotional pictures etc.

Blood and custard livery coaches are shown in the article so I'm hopeful we'll finally get to drive with them!

15. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

Fingers crossed!

• Like Like x 2
  16. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Of what value are reviews from people who necessarily haven't played it yet?

Last edited: Aug 29, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  17. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Like all others this type of score values, election results in democratic countries, etc.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 29, 2022
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  18. Crosstie

Might be a gauge of the expectations that players have. As breblimator says, rather like a preelection poll.

• Like Like x 1
  19. bittesteigensieein

bittesteigensieein Member

Looking forward to the South Eastern High Speed. It's one of the routes I play the most. The inclusion of the Sheerness branch would have sweetened the deal a little more, but still looking forward to it.

There's a lot of frustration here in the forums and that is ok, but I think DTG are trying their best and sure many things can be better, but you do not have to buy anything immediately.

• Like Like x 2
  20. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

I'm happy about the number of freight services that will be available, but also disappointed by what seems like a complete lack of shunting activity -- or have I missed something?
    Looks like the passenger fans should have plenty to keep them busy, on the other hand.

21. zero909

zero909 Member

There will be a handful. It's a lengthy article, search for the word "shunt" in the article to find the sentence.

22. dhekelian

I saw a TSW3 debate on steam and I got the impression that people were not happy, they didn't hold back either.

• Like Like x 2
  23. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

Possibly that the downloads manager will mount only the stuff that the route will require and not have everything installed as it currently does at the moment.

As a weird thing I Used Spirit of Steam on the PS4 version of TSW 2 (on my PS5). It was far smoother going round Speke Jcn / yard on the framerate for the PS4 version than it was for the full PS5 version.

Hentis

24. antony.henley

People will never be happy no matter what DTG do.

Hentis

• Like Like x 4
  25. fakenham

fakenham Well-Known Member

Interesting that we haven't heard much yet about the updated signalling and working TPWS/OSS safety systems. I'd have thought they'd make a big fuss about this seeing it will dramatically improve the realism/immersiveness of the driving.... and that it must have taken quite a bit of effort from the teams involved in making this work. Maybe we'll hear about this in an article this week

• Like Like x 1
  26. samgaming

samgaming New Member

Does anyone know this weeks schedule??

• Like Like x 1
  27. AtherianKing

AtherianKing Well-Known Member

no schedule as of yet, likely need to wait until the postponement of streams on TSW3 is stopped

• Like Like x 1
  28. antony.henley

We may hear something in the next couple of hours keep your eyes on the announcements forum.

Hentis

• Like Like x 3
  29. Haribo112

Haribo112 Well-Known Member

I reckon it wasn't very hard to make, as TPWS OSS grids function exactly the same as the PZB GPA that has been in the game for some time now. Only a matter of linking the assets to the signalling system and copy paste some code.

30. Crosstie

I don't know about " happy ", but people will never be completely satisfied with any product. And that's how it should be in a consumer driven economy.
    Dissatisfaction is what drives companies to get better and encourages new companies to enter the market, believing that they can do a better job.

No-one should slam a developer without reasoned criticism, but unfettered
    praise makes companies lazy and complacent.
    Balanced, constructive criticism will, in the long run, make for a better game. I hope you don't think that keeping quiet about the save game, PS5 download crunch and TSW2 updates, to give three examples, is the way to go.
    If you do, you would be sadly mistaken.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2022
    • Like Like x 8
  31. uvm0902

uvm0902 Well-Known Member

I very much hope that someday the route will be extended to allow full 375 service from London Victoria to Gilingham, as well as services to Dover and Ramsgate. Looking forward to the full Chatham Main Line

• Like Like x 7
  32. And dtg will be happy no matter what people say. They are raking it in.

• Like Like x 2
  33. breblimator

breblimator Guest

I am happy DTG user most of the time. Not saying I could not be happier. I play regulary most so called train sims and I have to say TSW is a very good trains experience, maybe even the best overall but not in every aspect.

34. antony.henley

No I dont think its right to keep quiet, I have been vocal about the PS5 DLC limit. And people do have a right to post their concerns. But when comments start getting to the point of threatening the very existence of the company by suggesting doing things to said company* then its starts getting a bit concerning.

*Even if it was supposed to have been written as a Joke. Its the actual fact that someone even thought a joke aside about doing it in the first place and posting it. Whether it was meant as a joke or not.

Hentis

• Like Like x 2
  35. chieflongshin

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  36. Crosstie

I agree with you about those so-called jokes, and I regret not saying something at the time. Some veteran members, who should know better, went too far, over the top and that thread was rightly shut down.
    We don't need that kind of conversation on the forum, but we do need criticism and sometimes that criticism has to be sustained.

I play the game almost daily, but I'm never going to be completely " happy " with how it's made.
    I like my car. I drive it every day. But it has its shortcomings and I've pointed them out to the manufacturer. I noticed that, in its most recent incarnation, one of those shortcomings has been corrected.

• Like Like x 3
  37. antony.henley

SEHS & Cajon Pass Preview stream is 1900 UTC (2000 GMT) Thursday September 1st.

Have fun

Hentis

• Like Like x 1
  38. Mark newman

Mark newman Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  39. whiteleyaj

whiteleyaj Active Member

I hope this mega stream includes a range of consoles old and new not all PC

• Like Like x 5
  40. Calidore266

Calidore266 Well-Known Member

So who of JD and Matt will be singing and who will be dancing, or does the stream length mean they can switch off at some point?

41. Crosstie

You can bet your shiny new boots that they will use the best equipment they can get their hands on, remembering what happened last week.
    I guarantee you they won't be live streaming from an 8th gen console.
    And I'm almost certain they'll be streaming from DTG HQ.

42. tallboy7648

Imagine of they did on an 8th gen console and it crashed. That would be bad press for DTG

• Like Like x 1
  43. DTG JD

DTG JD Director of Community Staff Member

Nobody wants to see/hear that.

• Like Like x 3
  44. Crosstie

God forgive you for even suggesting that!

45. emperorparsy

emperorparsy Member

So there is no change to the way snow looks on trains so I see , is this ever going to be fixed or upgraded?

• Like Like x 1
  46. dosto762

dosto762 Well-Known Member

That would be hilarious

• Like Like x 3
  47. whiteleyaj

whiteleyaj Active Member

Its being sold for ALL consoles - They should put their money where their mouth is and stand by their decision to sell to all and show how it handles on all machines. They had the option to move to PC / Next Gen but didnt take it - Probably because a large market is still Gen 8 - But with issues they have had in the past; if they think TSW3 runs well on Gen 8 - Lets see it.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  48. Calidore266

Calidore266 Well-Known Member

Just believing what we were told....

49. dhekelian

Of course they won't but that is no excuse to stop trying if they did they would stop making money.

Targeted abuse is not nice but then someone's harmless jokes are taken way to seriously as well.

• Like Like x 2
  50. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

At least as a Gamepass member I can try it on Xbox One X and make my own decision. I’m sure there will be a lot of feedback from Gen 8 users and, if I find any issues, I will be sure to report them. I can only advise holding off from buying until the feedback is in. Also if you haven’t pre-ordered it, there will be people who have giving feedback before the 6th.

• Like Like x 3