Euro Fishing Dissapointed...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by titan28, May 11, 2017.

1. titan28

titan28 Active Member

Day 1 XB1 player here, literally the first 20 min's of it going on the store, and yup, like many others I happily paid the 15 quid for a chance to play a fishing game on the new gen consoles, for a few weeks I was Hooked (yup pun intended), but slowly the cracks started to appear, the walking fish, the moving bait, the updates that didn't fix, but broke the game, the dev's with their vague comments about fixes - "soon" was and still is what we are greeted with, now don't get me wrong, the game has so much potential and I really hope that is turns itself around and becomes what it could be.

But I can't help feeling its already on its last legs, this new(old) dlc they have been on about for what seems like forever still hasn't arrived, and yes they have been concentrating on PS4 version and sorry guys, it seems like they stiffed you with an old build of the broken xb1 patch, so now we have to wait until they fix that before we get anything to do with dlc and before any one says it, yes they are a small team, but tha'ts not an excuse, if they are prepared to put a game out on 3 platforms then they should have known what their limitations were and adjusted to them, the consumer shouldn't suffer because dev's cant plan accordingly

Everytime I see a post about new tackle, new fish, ideas for the game, and we get the same response, "that's a great idea, we'll discuss it" or "we are discussing new fish species and tackle" it makes me think they have no long term strategy, these discussions should have happened already.

The game itself looks great, almost everything else is in some way broken or needs overhauling, Spod Rod, makes absolutely no difference to catch rates, and still since launch has no purpose, they should have got rid of it and added another usable rod.

Different Baits are pointless at times, any fish will take any bait, there's no determining factor to what species takes what, I.E. I want to target just tench, cant 80% of the catches are carp, my stats for carp caught are easily triple of all the other fish species caught.

Character Customization, this is basic for any game, yes it doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things, but it does give an insight into how they develop the game, basically its lazy, they have just posted a presa del monte info pic on twitter, it still says biggest catfish 100lbs, if they cant take 2 min's to load a pic up, change 2 numbers, save it then post it, what chance do we have at getting anything we have been asking for, its lazy and it doesn't do anything to show that they care for what they are developing.

Tournaments are a joke, how can they say "you can have as many attempts as you want" and be okay with that, If someone has a specific amount of time they can play then they might aswell not even participate, they have no chance of ever winning against people who can sit there and play for 10 hours.

I've ranted enough.

What is the plan Dev's?.. are you just gonna keep fobbing us off with your favorite answer "soon" or are we gonna get a roadmap with actual details of what's happening and some sort of schedule for new things?

2. Master110

Master110 Active Member

I still don't understand why PS4 players have a old build of the broken xbox version.

I think the Dev team is 10 people.

3. titan28

titan28 Active Member

i'm not 100% about the PS4 being an old XB1 patch, but from what i've read on the PS4 section, it sounds like what the XB1 went through not long after launch, we've had 4 updates I think, 1 completely broke the game, the others weren't that great either, fish fights are lackluster compared to what they have been in previous patches, barely have to do anything now except occasionally knocking down the drag a notch, it literally seems like its gone backwards in terms of gameplay.

4. Master110

Master110 Active Member

Yeah I remember it being this bad.... I had the PC version. Xbox got the port of a old beta from PC... And it looks like they did the same with the PS4 version.

Like I said to them its not a old bug so it should of been fixed way before release. As for the xbox version guessing you are going to be waiting 6 months for the next patch.

5. titan28

titan28 Active Member

more than likely they have seen PS4 users asking for it and got lazy and ported an older version and thought we'll fix it after release. even when this dlc does eventually drop, 7 or 8 quid for a new lake that has no new species of fish and is likely to still have walking fish isnt gonna please people I dont think. It just reeks of cash grab.

• Like Like x 1
  6. iiFuRiiOuSs F81

iiFuRiiOuSs F81 Member

You hit the nail on the head titan28

• Like Like x 1
  7. wholeshow

wholeshow Member

I think PS4 has the first build, and when the new Lake patch comes out they will all be running the same build.
    I think that was always their plan. It's only a small team.

8. titan28

titan28 Active Member

wholeshow.. why use the first build?, they knew it was broken.. they should have used the build that the xbox and pc is on now, it is the most stable, still has bugs but compared to the PS4 build thats being used now, its a million times better bug/glitch wise, and regardless of the size of the team, work to the limitations you have and dont use excuses when you muck it up because you cant cope.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Master110

Master110 Active Member

I have to agree. You are welcome to post in ps4 part as the xbox isn't as alive as the ps4 board.

10. CH40S23

CH40S23 Member

Current build is definitely bland playing fish wise, only bit of original build that was better. . . no longer a fishing sim - more like an arcade game. . .tournaments still entertain but def no variety in them. . . when will they set it so weather, time n attempts are the same for everyone - otherwise its not a tournament. . . .baits you only need 2 to catch everything. . .when there not bloody drifting. . . loved the game to start with (even won a T shirt lol), many moons later the game is worse n promises to bring new things remain soon. . .well soon has fast become oneday n oneday is definitely heading fast for maybe. . . .anyway suspect im due another 6 month break. . .

11. billy

billy Member

12. billy

billy Member

could not agree with you more, these new updates r to shut people up i think surely it must have been tested, there r so many issues now. i think this is about money for them and nothing else, well its the same for me, if they do not respond to these issues, i will be asking for refund. they say no refunds, after talking to lawyer, he made it clear to me quote it sounds to me that it is not the game you purchased, through their actions, my advice give them a little to sort it out, if they don't you are quite entitled to ask for a refund. if they refuse come see me and we can start legal proceedings. see how they like giving instead of taking. i urge every unhappy camper to do the same.