Tsw 3 Disappointment Or Wow?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by antony.henley, Aug 11, 2022.

1. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

Lol, except US Class 1's, they are looking for more employees to screw over.

2. Chas

Chas Well-Known Member

LOL ! Hoping English is not your first language because even thinking about what "goes on" your nuts conjures up some unsavoury visuals.

Thank you for that stunning insight into the required decision making process. Your thoughtful and informative reply has truly enlightened me and contributed to hugely increasing my quality of life.

Kind of revealing that even in the middle on an embarrassing grovel post you have to admit that things are BAD.

Wow ! Thanks again for your life altering advice.. You really are the gift that keeps on giving.

Unfortunately I don't currently have time to train to be a train driver as I am busy being a space trader/warrior in Elite Dangerous and No man's Sky. Any spare time I have is also consumed being a front line racing driver in Gran Turismo as well as a vicious gangster in GTA not to mention being a gun slinging cowboy in RDR2 on top of my time consuming nefarious activities as an international "Hitman".

Oh... and did I mention my covert activities as a special forces operative in the Ghost Recon series ?

Seriously though, these are all just video games entertainment. I have no problems with ANY of those titles as they work really well and deliver a consistently enjoyable play experience. TSW on the other hand is bug ridden and in parts very poorly written despite costing way more than any of these other games.

I don't post on here often but when I do I will speak my mind and I apologise if that gets you so over excited that something curiously nondescript ends up going all over your nuts.

• Like Like x 6
  3. Kappi701

Kappi701 Active Member

Never said everything is fine.
    Yes, TSW has a lot of bugs. That’s not good.
    But this forum is no more for fans to talk about the game but seems only to be about bashing and shitstorming everything DTG does or only announces.
    If the game is that bad, why spend time on it? And if it‘s not that bad and only some parts of it are, why are all parts of the forum spammed with hate about it? as I have started in this forum, there were questions about how to solve some things and answers.
    Now there is only „that don‘t work“ „that‘s bad“ „Don‘t like this“. Seems there’s no more fun in TSW. And you think the DTG-members on the forum have fun to only read complains? There is no more appreciation for the good job they are doing mostly. Think that’s not motivating anyone to do better, when it‘s almost bad before it even is. And sometimes it seems to be forgotten that DTG is a small publisher, that does not have personal and budget like ubisoft or ither big players ob the market.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2022
    • Like Like x 4
  4. Chas

Chas Well-Known Member

Kappi, this thread is about people's opinion on the release of TSW 3. As such it is entirely fair to point out the scam we have been subjected to when DTG announced that after SOS time would be spent fixing the many bugs present in TSW 2 and the DLC people paid good money for.

Now we realise that was a blatant stinking lie and all development time was used up for this release of a turkey "new game" which is actually just a tweaking of TSW 2. What makes me furious is that any bug fixes to the faulty (unfit for purpose) software I bought for TSW 2 will NOT be available unless I buy TSW 3.

DTG is insulting customers by demanding payments for their own short comings and you are trying to hide their utter incompetence by stifling all discussion on the most suitable place for it, their own forum. I am very happy to give dismal reviews for DTG all over the internet to warn people not to part with their money to a bunch of charlatans and con artists but that isn't going to get the software I bought brought up to the minimum standard it should have been when purchased.

DTG sold me sub standard merchandise and I will not stop holding them accountable for what is essentially THEFT especially as they are planning their latest heist to happen in days.

• Like Like x 7
  5. shhweeet#4292

shhweeet#4292 Well-Known Member

Small publisher charging big publisher prices for their dlc’s. If your going to do that then provide a product that actually works, provide basic core features that 99’9% work like a save feature and basically provide a game that doesn’t keep failing in several areas.

If you can’t do that then the game is obviously too big and complex for you to develop and you will most likely be taken over by a bigger publisher who will make it work. In the meantime drop your prices to a level to what your players are actually getting and expecting, at least by doing that your giving yourself a chance rather than relying on just good will which will eventually wear thin.

Put it this way would you buy a Ford Focus for Porsche money? Well some might if they were really big Ford fans but at the very least they would expect their overpriced Ford Focus to provide the basics and work 99.9% of the time otherwise you would be much better off buying the Porsche no matter how loyal to Ford you might be.

That’s how it works I’m afraid.

• Like Like x 3
  6. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Theft is a much more serious crime when written in upper case letters. It actually makes it a capital offence.

• Like Like x 8
  7. Chas

Chas Well-Known Member

:)
    Nice one! It is good that you (we) can still laugh about the fiasco that TSW has sadly become.

Whilst I feel strongly enough about it, I will avoid joining the pitchfork mob making it's way to Chatham because at the end of the day it is just a video game and I have better things to do. Saying that I feel it is my duty to warn as many people about my experience with DTG and TSW2020 / TSW2 and hopefully prevent someone from having money extracted from them under false pretences.

There are numerous platforms out there asking for customer reviews and I will use as many of them as I can to spread the word that DTG is a company worth avoiding knowing full well that I will not be alone in doing so. The keyboard is mightier than the pitchfork !

• Like Like x 4
  8. WipEout_F7200#3763

WipEout_F7200#3763 Member

I'm being hopeful that the game will be awesome.
    Playing TSW2 exploring the tracks while I hunt for collectibles, the amount of details put in the game is mind blowing, so I imagine TSW3 will be just as great. The Devs have done a good job imo, sure it may not please everyone but I've had fun with the TSW games and it's aloud me to connect and share an interest with my dad and admire trains and places I'll never get to see irl.

I'll admit though I'm concerned about the dlc limits on PS5 because I more or less have everything except a few recent dlc, but I'm hopeful that these issues will be resolved.

9. Chas

Chas Well-Known Member

The honesty in this video is refreshing compared to the stilted and obviously fake enthusiasm of the ludicrously titled shills who call themselves Train Sim World Ambassadors.

• Like Like x 4
  10. Jay1986

Jay1986 Well-Known Member

The problem is everything DTG promised for their core updates weren’t possible within TSW2, unless they rebuild routes from scratch again.
    I see people saying stuff like “why couldn’t they add dynamic skies/weather in existing TSW2 routes” or “Why couldn’t they add the new lighting (day and night) to TSW2”.
    As Matt explained on a previous stream this would’ve taken a couple of years for such a big project. No DLC or anything else would get done. It makes sense to push the reset button and start fresh. I’m not a dev, but I’m hopeful they tweaked the core of the game to allow route extensions now or they’ll release TSW3 versions of existing routes with the extensions.
    I know a lot of people aren’t happy and want most of these features for a quarter of the price, but DTG are a company and they need to make money. With a player base of roughly 2-3k players they’d make next to nothing if they charged pitence for their products.
    I’m hoping we get a SEHS soon so I can fully give a proper review.

• Like Like x 1
  11. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

There’s no need to start off his video with an assassination of the character of a single person who obviously makes money for DTG otherwise they wouldn’t employ him. I’ve never been able to listen to some of these ‘I know best’ sim commentators for more than a few minutes at a time. They lack sincerity and their observations are no more valid than any of my own. I can watch Sam playing any game in the world because he’s got an engaging personality and doesn’t stream with soup all down his shirt. I know it’s out of shot in the above video but we all know it’s there.

• Like Like x 5
  12. shhweeet#4292

Is he wrong with his observations though? Tbh what he has said in this video is what most of us have been thinking and questioning. I mean he has a point with the separation of loco dlc’s from route dlc’s. Are DTG to adjust the prices accordingly or are we all going to pay twice as much for what we previously got for £24.99. I hope I’m wrong but I’m guessing I already know the answer to that one. What is the point of transferring all your TSW2 dlc’s into TSW3 unless you really do at the very least get the dynamic weather and volumetric clouds in ALL modes as in journey, service, and scenario’s within your old TSW2 dlc’s

Tbh I think DTG going down this TSW3 route is last chance saloon for them in a lot of ways. We all know it’s a money grab and as this video reviewer said is a way of keeping us playing despite pushing our limits of patience. So if the experience and playability doesn’t end up being much better than TSW2 I really do think a lot of us will just abandon TSW, play the content we already own, in TSW1,2, or 3, and move onto something else.

I am getting TSW3 by default because as explained in other threads I was going to buy SOS in TSW2 anyway so it will work out for me that both SOS and SEHS Extended will cost me approx £15 ( A sort of sale price ) for both with TSW3 thrown in for free. Will I bother with TSW3 though? initially probably not apart from SOS and SEHS Extended. I will still play TSW2 and continue with my progress there and only migrate to TSW3 properly if it does prove to be more rewarding with the dynamic weather in both TSW2 and TSW3 content and a better experience overall with all the TSW3 changes over TSW2? So! I’m in the position where I can sort of hedge my bets but if TSW3 isn’t a radical improvement overall then I’m probably not going to be scared to actually move on from the TSW franchise altogether which would be a shame for me personally because I do like playing TSW but there has to be a time when enough is enough.

I enjoyed this guys video. Yes it’s just his opinion but I do think he was being more honest about things than the bribed DTG ambassador reviewers ever will be. So it’s over to you DTG to get things right I guess with TSW3.

• Like Like x 4
  13. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

He comes at everything from the position that he dislikes and distrusts DTG and everything they do. He will sound plausible to people who also share that view but there’s nothing fair about his views on it. It only sounds honest and correct to people who already share his views. He knows nothing about trains either. I have tried many times to watch videos by him and I just can’t get past a few minutes. One disadvantage he does have compared to some other sim channels reviewing the game is he doesn’t get stuff from DTG and he won’t buy any either so can’t actually review things from an informed position. What he says is not going to inform me of anything about the game and I can read the people on the forum (who say they don’t even play TSW) spouting the same uninformed nonsense but I can speed read them. With this particular chap, and a couple of others, they just like slagging off DTG and it’s very tiresome. And he’s probably not wearing trousers while he streams. If he can’t be bothered getting the game to review it, is he going to be bothered getting fully dressed? Probably not.

• Like Like x 6
  14. antwerpcentral

antwerpcentral Well-Known Member

Wow, and that ain't assassination of a character? Clearly dresscode is more important than what is being said? I didn't listen to this guy when I first bought TSW2. At the beginning of my journey with TSW2 I thought I had proven this guy wrong. After getting more familiar with TSW2 and DTG he proved me wrong. I trust the commentary of SimUK. He was right before so I guess he will be on the mark again.

• Like Like x 3
  15. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

To be honest I've stopped viewing at 24 minutes and that was it. He is the reason why I do not listen to people who bang out their crap thoughts on what the game should be. The last thing on Trains Sim World i could see that he played was dated back in March 2017, So how does this make him the right person to try and do a review of a game from a Launch video that was only showing work in progress screenshots or video. He can make an hour long video commenting about something and putting his "established" opinion and also mentioning about how far up the chain one of his last "lets LOVE about DTG" videos has gone up the DTG Chain of command. Jesus will he be able fit his head through the door.

This is why I love to make MY own mind up. Not listen to someone prat on for about and hour moaning about DTG and giving them the odd compliment. The only thing I see about this guy is he produces the videos that appeal to the people that dont like the way DTG do things as he knows he'll get views and make money from it. He calls DTG Shallow.... yeah he's just as bad.

Hentis

• Like Like x 4
  16. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Pre-WOW so far. Not about how perfect or not. I like all these small changes to the game I don't expected at all.

17. Lenwigg

Lenwigg Well-Known Member

I would think some of the things he was saying about them verges on the edge of slander.

• Like Like x 1
  18. shhweeet#4292

Well from what I watched he had every reason to miss trust DTG if true so obviously that’s gonna have an influence on his take on things just like getting free keys to a TSW dlc is going to influence a TSW ambassadors review.

I’m sensing that both Stujoy and Hentis think I’m probably shallow as well for giving his view the time of day and that I’m a key audience target of his? Not so! I watch and read reviews from all sides whether on YouTube or or on here and then I make MY own mind up about things. Always have done and always will, plus I HAVE played and invested a fair bit of time and money into TSW. However the fact remains this guy was pretty spot on with his observations as far as I’m concerned and the fact I was nodding in agreement a lot of the time was merely because over the days since TSW3 was announced I’ve independently as In worked out for myself roughly come to the same conclusions tbh.

I hope both he and I are wrong but something naggingly tells me we are probably not?

As for what he wears or doesn’t? It’s not an issue for me tbh.

• Like Like x 2
  19. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

It’s fine to watch his videos and agree with some points he makes and to watch others and disagree with them but whenever someone posts one of his videos here on the forum it is presented as “this is the truth” and “don’t listen to ambassadors, they get stuff for free so obviously say good things”. It’s as much him being presented as telling the truth as it is me disliking his videos. He’s not really telling the truth.

You have the right approach if you hear many people’s opinions and then make your mind up. Everyone everywhere will have some degree of bias.

What I say about what he wears is just me having a laugh at his expense because what he does at the start of that video where he ‘exposes’ Sam is the kind of thing a man who shouts at the television news whilst eating soup would do. He’s so eager to get his rant out that he forgets he’s eating, and so eager to get a video rant online that he foregoes dressing properly. All of it probably untrue but it is the vibe he gives off. I’m sure many people imagine the same kind of thing about me posting on the forum, when I’m getting all uppity about something or someone.

• Like Like x 2
  20. BigH

BigH Active Member

I came back to the game and forum about 2-3 weeks ago because a PSN friend told me about TSW3. I was on the edge of pre-ordering but i learned that the derailment bug in TSW2 is still not fixed, trophys in TSW2 don´t pop and DTG does not really care and i am expected to pay €45 where the game goes on game pass? I hope the deal was good for DTG. By the way, i do that with all games that go on gp and i think they are beeing sold overpriced on other platforms. Will i get TSW3? Yes, probably. Maybe when the standard edition is around €10-€15.

21. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

That’s the issue. It’s not enough to be right, you have to be right and polite if you want to truly win over an audience. I didn’t even get past 2 minutes of the guy talking simply due to how he presents himself. He might have some points but I’ll never find out all due to how he presents himself and acts. I’m completely with stujoy here and really, I might be biased, but having “honest” in the title already makes the video seem shady to me before I’ve even clicked the play button.

• Like Like x 1
  22. shhweeet#4292

I hear what your saying but tbh I couldn’t care less how someone presents themselves it’s what they have to actually say that really matters to me. I mean just because someone isn’t slick or in some peoples opinion professional in how to put themselves across in media doesn’t mean they don’t have valid points. Views that should be listened to and duly considered. Look at it another way, someone who is ultra slick and professional and all smarmy and grovelling nice puts me off wanting to listen to their point of view tbh but like I said earlier I will consider everyone’s view and opinion equally and then draw my own conclusion as to who is being honest and telling the truth.

I’m also not sure if this guy is actually bothered about winning over an audience as such? Tbh I think if you were to ask him he’d say he’s only bothered about putting his points and views about TSW and Dovetail out there and then just leave it up to whoever to decide if they want to listen to him or not or consider if he’s right or wrong. Which is fair enough I guess.

Still whatever his failings or strengths there’s no denying he got a lot of things spot on and it would be foolish if people were to just stick their head in the sand and ignore what he has to say just because they don’t like him.

Just my opinion.

• Like Like x 3
  23. krustynuggets

krustynuggets Well-Known Member

The one rule I live by, if I want it I'll buy it and won't give a monkeys arse what anyone has to say about it in their reviews, because it's impossible to give a completely honest unbiased review, any review you watch is going to have a biased leaning to one side or the other.......

24. shhweeet#4292

Bit concerning that if in my case if you don’t already own SOS in TSW2 and you buy the TSW3 SOS starter pack you might be charged to actually put a steam train dlc onto the SOS route dlc due to DTG separating loco dlc’s from route dlc’s. If that were to be the case then it’s definitely bye bye TSW as far as I’m concerned and I’d just stick with and play with the dlc’s I’ve paid for in TSW2 until something better comes along.

• Like Like x 1
  25. antwerpcentral

I don't understand why justified criticism is slain down so hard whilst we know this game for a long time now. We can't keep defending stuff that should not be present in the game like the stutter saga or the red lights drama. That's all gamebreaking. (Yes stutters on gen9 is to me gamebreaking)

I have played so many new games since I stopped playing TSW and don't really understand why the TSW community is so patient with this game. Just released games that work perfectly like F1 manager and Soul Hackers 2 get so much crap of their userbase over, compared to what is going on over here, nothing. In F1 manager it's about tyres not degrading to real life specs or DRS being to overpowered. With Soul hackers 2 it's about a dungeon crawler having too much dungeon. It's ridiculous compared with the problems TSW has, a game that is being out of so long and still doesn't work like it should

Last edited: Aug 31, 2022
    • Like Like x 3
  26. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

If you buy SoS for TSW3 then any locos released for TSW3 will run on that route if they are timetabled to do so
    Whether you own the "compatible" version or not is irrelevant and whether the loco is tied to the route or not is irrelevant because you will have bought SoS with TSW3 anyway
    (and the TSW3 version of the route comes with the same locos as the TSW2 version)

Last edited: Aug 31, 2022
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  27. shhweeet#4292

Thanks ARuscoe that’s good to know.

On the divisive subject of SimUK and his vids. Here is the one he made in 2021 that he keeps referring to and says went to the top of DTG and possibly influenced some decisions with regards to TSW3?

Just to be clear I’m not posting it to cause trouble but it does annoy me when guys like this and his take on things are just dismissed because he’s not liked. I really do think he should be heard ( Along with the DTG ambassadors ) whether we ultimately agree with him or not.

Got to be honest when Sam says hello chumps at the beginning whether meant as a joke or not if TSW3 doesn’t live up to DTG’s hype and we end up getting the same problems we have in TSW2 then I for one will feel a bit of a chump. Just saying.

Anyway here’s THAT video so decide for yourselves.

• Like Like x 1
  28. ARuscoe

He's not divisive. Never seen him or his vids discussed so that says a lot
    Just watched the first minute and a half of the vid and he himself says "I am going to boycott TSW"
    Fine, good on him. That does mean that unless there are videos following the one you posted his views are either out of date or they're things I would already know about from my own dealings with DTG and their software. I am fairly sure that Sam, Matt etc are aware of the vid and it's contents and have taken on board as much as they do from such (or any) feedback. Given they have a whole forum of feedback (and again take what they do from that feedback) I don't think one person who says they're going to avoid their software in future is something that's going to carry any more weight than many of the users here, or on discord, or their play testers...

Sam is irreverent, so I would imagine from his usual demeanour that it WAS meant playfully and not as a commentary on the personalities of his viewership. I didn't get past SimUK's "to be honest with you" because that line is usually followed by an opinion rather than a truth

I've been a patron of DTG's products for six years. DTG's products don't meet the hype... They are what they are and we already know what TSW3 is going to be because we already own it. It will be TSW2 with a few addons (and if you own all the UK routes you don't get any new addons, only what you already have in TSW2 but a bit longer)
    So the question then becomes do YOU feel that buying TSW3 will be worth your money based on either the new US route, the new DE route, the extension to SEHS, the new cloud formations, that they've turned on "weather" (it was there previously, so that's not new) and the training centre. If the answer is "no" and you still go ahead and buy it anyway then maybe you would be right for feeling as you stated
    I'm happy to get the updates and the extension to SEHS so I won't feel like anything

• Like Like x 2
  29. antwerpcentral

Sounds like you are the total opposite of SimUK. SimUK takes the whip, you take out the honey. :D

But you state you stop watching after a sentence you dislike so do you actually know what SimUK is saying? I didn't believe SimUK at first because of the same sentiment you are describing but I watched the entire video then and also now. He makes very valid points and let's be honest, after the introduction streams so far he seems to be saying more truth than you are at the moment. TSW is a mess and that's what he is saying. It's the truth

• Like Like x 4
  30. ARuscoe

Nah, he has a YouTube channel and obviously uses it to air his opinions. I come on here and do it instead

Technically I'm at work, so having youtube on when people are walking past limits my watching time.

You've seen me on these forums right?
    I call DTG out generally on what they do, but I also call users out when they spout nonsense or misquote people.
    I have seen the issues DTG have created for themselves, have pointed out a few possible solutions, have done playtesting at their HQ, and would happily help them with whatever I could but we don't get that chance because they make their decisions in house, leave us in the dark as to their intentions, blurt out a load of PR nonsense by way of "release streams" and then mess up their previews.
    The best thing DTG have done in the last few years was that 24 hour video on YouTube leading up to the release stream... And that was because it didn't have people spouting PR rubbish and actually worked (because it wasn't live)
    Sometimes I would happily tap each senior team member on the head with a toffee hammer and remind them that they don't operate in a vacuum and that mistakes REALLY DO MATTER, especially ones which don't get resolved in 12 or 24 months

But in the end I'm a guy on a keyboard typing stuff onto a forum, and unless you're sat in the commercial or production meetings at DTG when they're making decisions on how to move forward (sideways, backwards...) I know those views count for very little. And I doubt a YouTube channel would make them count for much more

• Like Like x 3
  31. shhweeet#4292

The last video I posted was from 2021 so yes it is now out of date but it’s the one simUK refers to a lot with regards to DTG possibly taking some of his comments and advice on board and even influencing some managerial changes? Maybe? Maybe not? I posted it for those who actually cared to watch it all with an open mind and decide for themselves whether his views are valid or not. There are more recent videos of his to do with TSW3 which are posted in this thread and probably others on his YouTube channel.

You’ve made a decision and made comments about simUK without even watching his full video / video’s? Really! Your in no position to make any judgment on the guy in any shape or form unless you actually watch them through and give his views proper consideration despite what you think you might or might not know. Shhheeeeesh! Yes it his opinion. Guess what you can either agree or disagree with them but he has every right to express them where he chooses, in his case on YouTube.

Sam is irrelevant?? From what I can deduce he is a very important and a key member of the DTG team so to dismiss him as irrelevant shows a large amount of naivety on your part tbh. I’m not sure if Sam will be pleased or offended by that comment? I guess that depends on the truth about him whatever that actually is? Sam will no doubt say or think he isn’t bothered. Either way I dunno what the truth about him actually is, only Sam really knows the answer to that.

I’ve explained my reasons in this thread and other threads why I’m buying TSW3, it’s a kind of no brainier for me in a way if I was going to buy SOS in TSW2 anyway. However if TSW3 does end up being the same as TSW2 with bugs, problems etc. then yeah I will feel a bit of a chump for still giving TSW the time of day ( As should we all ) instead of just cutting my loses, smelling the coffee, and just walking away. As it stands TSW3 is definitely last chance saloon for me so I really do hope DTG actually get it right his time and give us all the train sim game we deserve.

• Like Like x 1
  32. ARuscoe

That's not how the world works. You can form an opinion without every speaking to someone.

I do not judge him or his comments, but I was responding in the way of "why should DTG pay this person any mind at all" and given within seconds he says "I'm walking away" why should they listen any further. He's SAYING he's no longer going to be a customer, no longer a contributor, no longer anything other than this one video where he can vent his spleen

Good on him. What he says after that I am sure is laudable and constructive, but DTG DON'T have to listen (as they often don't)

Try again. I said irreverent not irrelevant.

It will be the same as TSW2. Feel how you will. I will go in with my eyes wide open, knowing that I am possibly throwing my money up the wall, but hey, I'll get a few hundred hours of game play out of it

• Like Like x 1
  33. breblimator

breblimator Guest

DTG should restore the forum polls. It would be easier to determine whether an unreleased game is a failure or a spectacular success :D

• Like Like x 4
  34. antwerpcentral

Now you are fooling yourself. It won't be 100 hours of gameplay. You play this game for 6 years now and you will get 2 new routes. You will notice the stuttering and convince yourself you will be making till the end. Halfway through you will say "who am I kidding, I can"t take this no more, my eyes start to bleed". You will try out the other route hoping it will be better but after leaving the station say "nope, let's wait for the update". Never to be touched again. That's probably 1,5 hours max!

Ok to be honest that's how I imagine my journey with TSW3 will be :D

• Like Like x 2
  35. ARuscoe

Oh, I know (as do DTG) that there will be many many people who start up a run, see a few judders or experience a crash and never play the game again. But unless they get an immediate refund, they'll have paid their money

I'm not one of them. I spent hundreds on TSC before binning it, I've got all the UK stuff on TSW and play it regularly (though I am kinda leaning back into Cities Skylines at the moment). I like the game generally (though of course can see many ways things may be improved given enough development focus) so play it generally

• Like Like x 2
  36. antwerpcentral

Yup Cities Skylines is also back on my radar. Plaza's and promenades looks promising. I also like the concept of TSW3 but if Microsoft wasn't paying the bill I would not be on board anymore with this game. I was expecting TSW3 to be a big departure from TSW2 because of all the problems but at the moment it looks like they are just increasing the amount of problems by releasing TSW3.

• Like Like x 2
  37. ARuscoe

Why?
    I'm sure there have been lots of works under the surface but the gameplay and capabilities to the players isn't that much different

38. antwerpcentral

Well first of all: TSW2 already looked kinda outdated a year ago. The trains are top notch but everything else is very meh. But when I saw the stream and saw we get basically the same with umbrellas and thunder I was shocked.

Second: none of the TSW2 content will ever be updated to what TSW3 looks like next year. I hated those routes that were not updated to TSW2 and are now finally updated to TSW2 and then a month later it's all obsolete again. What a waste of Adam's time

• Like Like x 4
  39. ARuscoe

I meant why would YOU think things will change / progress / change?
    You've been here a while now. Is hope really that strong?

That's an odd way to put it. If Adam's team hadn't done the work they did in bringing the TSW routes to TSW2 functionality then they likely wouldn't be compatible with TSW3 so I don't see it as "time wasted" any more than my 12 year marriage was time wasted. I had a great dog even if my wife wasn't any good.

40. antwerpcentral

Not long enough I guess. Well I've only seen games become eyepoppingly more beautiful so that's the evolution I have come to expect from games. When you release a new version it's way better than before. TSW3 looks already much worse.

• Like Like x 1
  41. ARuscoe

From what I have seen of the two streams that weren't the PR fluff, it looks the same as TSW2 but with added cloud structures

42. antwerpcentral

But the stuttering is worse than I've ever seen. That makes it "much worse".

• Like Like x 1
  43. ARuscoe

I haven't seen a non-dev-build video on a machine that isn't live streaming on multiple platforms

Yes there will be stuttering (both DTG and UE have issues with it) but I believe them when they say a lot of it was to do with in game stuff, as well as the machines trying to do too much at once.

I will await "non-maniacal streams" before passing judgement on what it's like in real time on a computer not being pulled from pillar to post

44. antwerpcentral

And that I don't understand in your reasoning. You have been watching streams for 6 years now probably? What has changed that suddenly they can't stream anymore like before. You could forgiven the first time but the second time was in a familiar environment. Sam said himself that he noticed the stuttering on his pre recorded session. He saw it stuttering before it left the post. What are the odds that this won't be the experience for everyone that will play it? The fact that on the first stream they don't mention it at all makes me think they want to sell it to us as we saw it. They won't be showing off their introductions on a mid spec PC. They will make sure it's done on the right hardware.

• Like Like x 2
  45. ARuscoe

Yep, and most of them have the same levels of stuttering I have seen on other people's PCs, and indeed my own. Annoying but not game breaking like last weeks' stream
    I believe he said he noticed stuttering in his pre-record, but nowhere near as bad as when it streamed.
    I don't know. Hence saying I will wait. I tend not to "jump the gun" with such things, much more likely to make up my own mind when I have seen it for myself in a proper environment rather than on a live stream etc. That's how I work. You can work how you wish to!
    Yep, and an i9-9900 isn't too bad, but it's not working in a vacuum and there were many more things on that machine all trying to do things I won't be when I'm playing the game
    I don't think the recent streams were "done right, technically" as in there should be a computer ONLY doing the game, and this then feeds to a capture machine which does the streaming-restreaming etc. That way the only load the game PC is under is what we have at home (except I'm usually watching a YouTube or streaming radio at the same time)

46. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

Just a side not about stuttering. On Monday I did a 10 and a half hour live stream on the PS4 version of TSW 2 but on the PS5 (4tb external HDD, I know I'm nuts!!).
    I also mentioned it in the stream and the viewers who were watching noted it as well, of the 8 routes I drove (Clinchfield, West Cornwall, Isle of Wight 2022, LGV, SEHS, Crewe Liverpool, Northern Trans Pennine & East Coastway) The only route I suffered stuttering on (from what I recall) was Crewe - Liverpool. Surprisingly it did run ok (it's the first time I used SOS on the PS4 version) but even going round the curve at Speke the fps was far better and stable than what it was on the PS5 version. Although the stuttering about 3 minutes before Speke was somewhat noticeable. As per the stuttering on TSw 3. Well I guess I will find out in 1 day 19 hours and 4 minutes :o

Cheers
    Hentis

• Like Like x 2
  47. antwerpcentral

What I have always found suspicious about the streams is that performance is only addressed when it's mentioned multiple times in the chat. How many times I didn't see them even not flinch or react to stutters. What we saw from Sam was what I've come to expect from Sam: Addressing the elephant in the room.

• Like Like x 1
  48. shhweeet#4292

<<<<<That's not how the world works. You can form an opinion without every speaking to someone.>>>>

Is it not? Well yes you can form an opinion like that but it would be a pretty uninformed one so therefore pretty useless.

<<<<<<I do not judge him or his comments, but I was responding in the way of "why should DTG pay this person any mind at all" and given within seconds he says "I'm walking away" why should they listen any further. He's SAYING he's no longer going to be a customer, no longer a contributor, no longer anything other than this one video where he can vent his spleen>>>>>>>

We are discussing why we should pay attention to simUK’s views but now you mention it DTG would be a bit daft if they didn’t take all types of views into consideration.

<<<<<<<Good on him. What he says after that I am sure is laudable and constructive, >>>>>>>>

Well you wouldn’t know because you couldn’t be arsed to watch it because of your pre judgemental attitude.

<<<<<<Try again. I said irreverent not irrelevant.>>>>>>

And I mistook that for a typo or a predictive text mistake so I’ve no need to try again. It happens often when using
    iPhones or whatever, so unless we suddenly all start annoyingly correct everyones misspellings and whatever else that’s just the way it is. It happens.

<<<<<<<It will be the same as TSW2. Feel how you will. I will go in with my eyes wide open, knowing that I am possibly throwing my money up the wall, but hey, I'll get a few hundred hours of game play out of it>>>>>>>>

Good for you. You’ve obviously got more money than me that you can throw up the wall. Big tick for you. Yes TSW3 will be pretty similar in looks and gameplay to TSW2 but are you honestly saying it’s acceptable if all TSW2‘ a bugs etc are transferred across into it. My oh my the DTG PR machine has certainly done a number on the likes of you.

• Like Like x 2
  49. ARuscoe

And how is your opinion about DTG any better informed by watching someone else's youtube rant?
    I would say it would be better to form your own opinion about how bad DTG's software is rather than watching a year old video from someone who says themselves they're leaving

Your comment was "it does annoy me when guys like this and his take on things are just dismissed because he’s not liked."
    I don't like or dislike him, but the views are now out of date and as I said unless there's ben further vids (I haven't checked) I personally would expect DTG to be aware of them and give them due weight. I do not have to

No, because I am at work. I may well watch it later and if there ARE comments which come after that video from a year ago and they ARE relevant then fine, but I imagine the video itself doesn't say anything I myself and many others on this forum (and indeed people like Sam, Nat and JD) haven't said since many many times. The game could be so much better if...

You wrote a whole paragraph based on what you thought was a typo???

Please quote where I have said it's acceptable?
    I didn't
    I said TSW3 will be the same as TSW2 because that's my level of expectation judged by six / seven years of buying and dealing with DTG software. I formed my own opinion based on that experience and I will pay for TSW3 or not based on that opinion.
    Personally I don't think it's "acceptable" but I also know that I prefer to HAVE TSW2/3 than not, so that's the tradeoff (for me)

• Like Like x 1
  50. shhweeet#4292

Fair play to you for streaming the PS4 version. I wish / hope a few more would / will do the same especially with regards to a first look at TSW3 when they start appearing.

• Like Like x 1