What Players Want, Free Updates To Tsw2.

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by christopher-lloyd, Aug 30, 2022.

Tags:
  1. christopher-lloyd

christopher-lloyd New Member

With very little research I've found what TSW2 owners want most is free updates to the base game to improve and fix the game they have already paid for. They didn't ask for a whole new AAA priced game.
    I do think the 186km Schnellfahrstrecke Kassel - Wurzburg route and extended Southeastern High Speed route sound great, but should be optional DLC routes for TSW2.
    TSW3 should be free to TSW2 owners without the new routes and Training Center. Even that would be a pain as all achievements and journeys will be reset.
    Do you agree or are you happy to have have all your progress wiped and pay for DLC you may not want?

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. Tigert1966

Tigert1966 Well-Known Member

Your research was pretty poor if it came up with the conclusion that TSW 3 is a AAA priced game.

The rest of your arguments have been discussed numerous times already (as your research surely showed).

• Like Like x 4
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. christopher-lloyd

$60 usd is AAA price.
    It's a discussion that needs to be kept open. Not everyone has discussed it yet. If you don't wish to discuss it anymore .... then don't.

4. Tigert1966

Tigert1966 Well-Known Member

So TSW 3 for the cheapest version at 39.95 USD is nowhere near AAA then is it?

• Like Like x 1
  5. christopher-lloyd

You're missing the point.

6. smugstarlord#4202

smugstarlord#4202 Well-Known Member

DTG are not a AAA company. Not a put down, they don't make AAA games. TSW is a niche market. Game prices around the world Inc different taxes compared to others, so prices are irrelevant of the developer rating status. And compared to COD releasing later this year at £60-£90 a pop, TSW3 is relatively cheap. Updates are wanted for tsw2, but no point as the new one releases in a few days.

I'm also happy to start a new profile/game as I've done from TSW 2020 and elden ring etc

• Like Like x 3
  7. matt#4801

matt#4801 Well-Known Member

I have absolutely no issue with paying up to 50 quid as long as I see it to bring a new experience and features which in my opinion TSW3 does. £30 for a route, new features and the training centre is not bad going really in the current economic situation, though my one criticism would be not having the option to purchase just the core and training centre but that hasn't crumpled my excitement for this new game. Regarding progress and achievements I couldn't care about them any less.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  8. christopher-lloyd

Thanks for your constructive input.
    If TSW3 was my first purchase into the franchise, I would still consider $39.95 a lot for base game and 1 route( plus Training Center).
    Yes updates ARE wanted for TSW2. There are a lot of people with unfixed issues with the game and releasing a new game doesn't fix those issues. Why should people be forced to pay more to get the fixes to the game they have already payed for?

9. sophieclarke1983

sophieclarke1983 Well-Known Member

Yea I’ve been wondering if we’ll see the fixes to class 150 in Cornwall local or if that now shelved with tsw3 release

• Like Like x 3
  10. nepclassof84

nepclassof84 Well-Known Member

I'm going to buy TSW3 deluxe edition and don't give a crap about the price. I own TSW2. I may not buy it day 1. I may wait for the save game issue to resolve. But I will buy it. I'm glad a didn't get spirit of steam when it came out. So for my $60 I get a new US route (a $30 download), a new german route (a $30 download) an upgraded SEHS (lets say a $20 upgrade) and spirit of steam (a $30 download). That's $110 of downloads for $60 plus some graphical updates a UI update dynamic weather and the training center. Works for me.

I find those I should get it free or discounted as a loyalty thing posts quite amusing. Next time you go into a restaurant you tell the owner you should get a free meal because you've eaten there before. Let me know how that works out.

• Like Like x 7
  11. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

I'll just leave that there!!

Hentis

• Like Like x 2
  12. christopher-lloyd

You are right .... not many restaurants do that (although some restaurants give you some kind of loyalty card so when you've had 4 or so meals you get some kind of freebie) but a lot of developers do. so it's not really comparable.

13. christopher-lloyd

Read the rest of the sentence.

14. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

And those developers are?

Hentis

• Like Like x 1
  15. christopher-lloyd

Check out SCS software.
    Many free big graphical updates over the years

• Like Like x 1
  16. moofeen#2182

moofeen#2182 Active Member

Easy for us to say. But they would not make more money, everyone would love it if everything was free but it’s NEVER going to happen

• Like Like x 1
  17. moofeen#2182

Do you agree or are you happy to have have all your progress wiped and pay for DLC you may not want?[/QUOTE]
    You get all ur dlc when u get tsw3 but ur progress won’t be there cuz it’s a whole new game use ur head man

18. christopher-lloyd

You get all ur dlc when u get tsw3 but ur progress won’t be there cuz it’s a whole new game use ur head man[/QUOTE]
    You get all your Previously bought DLC yes. Never said you didn't.
    If you want to upgrade to TSW3 at least 1 dlc is in the package price. Can't buy base game alone, hence have to get a DLC you may not want.
    Progress won't carry over which is 1 of the reasons I think they should have updated TSW2 instead.

19. Calidore266

Calidore266 Well-Known Member

Has DTG actually confirmed that progress won't carry over? Last I heard they were still working on that.

20. bittesteigensieein

bittesteigensieein Member

Nobody is being forced to buy anything, you're not paying a subscription...TSW2 is not perfect, but it delivers a good enough experience and that is proven given the fact people are still buying and the DLC, they also continue to develop and improve the game, there have been updates to many past DLC which were all free.

Companies always have to innovate and stay fresh. TSW3 is a move in the right direction which will hopefully allow for longer routes and an overall better in-game experience.

• Like Like x 4
  21. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

The quandary now is it's really not worth playing anything else in TSW2 if at some point you're going to 3, if progress doesn't carry across.

• Like Like x 2
  22. moofeen#2182

Idk but I don’t think so cuz it’s a different game

23. moofeen#2182

You get all your Previously bought DLC yes. Never said you didn't.
    If you want to upgrade to TSW3 at least 1 dlc is in the package price. Can't buy base game alone, hence have to get a DLC you may not want.
    Progress won't carry over which is 1 of the reasons I think they should have updated TSW2 instead.[/QUOTE]
    When the game is launched there’s some sort of route packs that give you only one route and the training centre for 40$ Canadian

24. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

When the game is launched there’s some sort of route packs that give you only one route and the training centre for 40$ Canadian[/QUOTE]

In case you've not realised the only core route for TSW3 in the training centre.

I'm going to hypothesis that future DLC will also be available as a starter TSW3 route if you don't already own TSW3.

25. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

"What TSW2 owners want"... How many of them? Where is this research? How was the question phrased?
    Research can be anything you want (such as asking a mate, Hey, would you want free stuff or to pay for it?)
    As others have said, it's not a AAA priced game, because technically you're not buying a game. The "game" in this case is TSW3 and this has only one route and from what I've seen one asset, the repainted BR Class 66.
    The remainder of the routes and assets are DLC, so depending on which bundle you buy you get the core software and some routes / assets. Given that's how the game works there IS no cost against the game itself and all costs go against the DLC. So you're going to pay $50 for a few routes, a few trains etc. Sounds like OK value to SOME people (if not you, obviously)
    If you HAD to buy all routes to play the game at all, or the routes weren't DLC then I might agree with you, but you don't so I don't
    It's NOT TSW2, I don't have any "progress" in TSW3 so there's nothing to wipe.
    Would I want DTG to port over the completed runs from TSW2. Yes, but I also understand that DTG's focus isn't on what I (or any other user want). I don't understand what their focus is sometimes, but that doesn't mean they have to do what I want
    They're not forced to pay anything. Those people can continue to play TSW2 in the format it's in right now. If they buy TSW3 then they're buying a different version of the game which has fixes, additional routes, DLC forthcoming etc etc. It's not the same software even if it's basically TSW2.1 (which would also be different...)
    Different companies don't compare... Try getting a flame grilled Big Mac or finger licking whopper...

This I do agree on. I already own all UK stock, I don't care about US or DE and would hope they WOULD have released a base game package (even though all content would come from TSW compatibility). £15 would suit me fine... by this Friday pls

That's up to Rivet, but maybe if they do another route with a 150 on it they'll revisit

• Like Like x 1
  26. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

Both DTG and Rivet have said that a update was in testing for the 150, so is this now cancelled or will we see it in TSW3 & 2 at some point soon? The same question applies to the BR187.

The rest of the OP's statements arent worthy of a reply IMO

27. Asheix

Asheix Active Member

DTG is a small independent company making games for a niche audience. They won't risk their revenues to launch free updates for their content given they aren't going to see the same levels of sales for the likes of Call of Duty or GTA V. They rely on their passionate supporters, you and I, to keep their business going and to maintain their high-quality products into the future. They may get grants from governments such as one from the UK if they create content within the country like London Commuter, SEHS, and East Coastway, but I do not know how large that would be.

Despite being in 2 minds about it, I have pre-ordered TSW 3. Not for the reasons that people were posting "F" in the chat when TSW3 was announced, but I have been getting bored of the game in general. it is rather good value that you can get the base game, SEHS, Cajon Pass, Training Centre, Schnellefahrstrecke Kassel - Würzburg, and Spirit of Steam for 44.99 GBP. If these routes were sold individually, the cost would clearly be a lot higher. I held off buying Spirit of Steam on TSW 2 mostly because I thought it would be as hard as it is (for me at least) on Train Simulator Classic, but I am glad I did wait as to get it cheaper in the Deluxe bundle.

The only content you do get free is the upgrades to SEHS if you already own it as described on the live stream last night, but I am not sure if the now preserved collection from TSW 2020 and TSW 2 will have the upgrades seen in TSW3.

• Like Like x 1