Ps5 Dlc Limit Fix

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Observadorpt, Aug 24, 2022.

1. Observadorpt

Observadorpt Active Member

Hi

Any date when the patch are released? DTG says before Tsw 3 launch but no precise date, Dtg just say the date please.

• Like Like x 2
  2. whiteleyaj

whiteleyaj Active Member

I was thinking the same thing this morning too...Although I suppose before TSW3 could be a day, even a hour - but if they have a date / time it would be nice to know and finally have my full collection back.

• Like Like x 3
  3. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

The first time we will hear of the date is on the date when it releases and there are update notes saying so.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  4. SBos

SBos Well-Known Member

My concern is that they said it would be released for TSW2 before the release of TSW3 which is in just over a weeks time. They also said it would come out for TSW3 “shortly” after it’s release. The worry is DTG’s definition of shortly given their past performance.

• Like Like x 4
  5. transport

transport Active Member

True, I’m also exited to get full collection back

6. Observadorpt

Hi
    Last week before tsw 3 release (for who doesnt have pre-ordered it) and still no dlc limit fix like DTG have announced it.

7. MYG92

MYG92 Well-Known Member

Maybe next Thursday or Tuesday or even after the release of TSW3 but I’m not surprised anymore

8. DTG JD

DTG JD Director of Community Staff Member

I'll cover this in more detail later this week, but wanted to respond directly to this thread.

Just chatted to the team, and during testing late last week, we've seen an issue on PS5. This will mean that, in all likelihood, we'll push the release on TSW2 to after TSW3's release.

• Helpful Helpful x 2
  9. DXR8002

DXR8002 Well-Known Member

So TSW3 won't be launching with the fix included this week JD?

10. DTG JD

No, that was never the plan. Believe we mentioned this in our most recent Roadmap article, but plan for TSW3 was to release soon after launch (although, with this flagged issue, not sure if those timelines will have shifted at this stage).

• Helpful Helpful x 2
  11. DXR8002

12. whiteleyaj

whiteleyaj Active Member

Jeez! It was purposely for the PS5 issue - surely it should have been priority to test on that before any other device. Not Pleased at all is an understatement!

• Like Like x 6
  13. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

It’s looking like a two-way split of DLC between TSW2 and TSW3 for me until this is sorted. If it ever gets sorted. I can’t say I’ve got much confidence at present. If they have just found an issue now then that’s a couple of months at least to add to the wait for the fix in either game. No movement on when the rest of the Preservation Crew upgrades are coming for either game on top of that, but that’s another matter.

I’m wondering whether the memory savings from not having all your installed DLC mounted, the basis of this fix, are actually necessary for TSW3 to run smoothly or whether it has all been evaluated on a full real-world install of multiple DLC installed and mounted at once on the other platforms as well. If they need the DLC manager, the new name for the PS5 limit fix, to make the game work to an acceptable standard on gen 8 consoles, and they need the memory savings the most, this may not just be affecting PS5 players if it isn‘t implemented on any platform by release.

On the other hand if the issue they have found is only on PS5 and they are confident that the DLC manager can be implemented on all other platforms that will be some grade A irony for those suffering from the initial problem it was set out to address.

It’s the bug that keeps on buggin’

• Like Like x 1
  14. swift19

swift19 Active Member

Please don't release anymore dlc until its fixed as that would be insulting to those of us who have waited, very patiently, for nearly two years for this fix.
    Unless we plan ahead and set aside hours to download the needed routes, we can't use creators club properly as you can't download liveries or scenarios if the routes aren't installed.
    We also can't use layers etc unless we work out which routes we need to download etc.
    What I like about TSW over TSC is the fact it's turn on and play. TSC was a lot of file managing to get scenarios and liveries to work.

I was really looking forward to the DLC limit fix. Please, let us know if this will be a long wait as, and I'm sure I speak for all ps5 users, we want to be able to enjoy the game at is full potential, not having to constantly choose routes to install or delete.
    Cheers

Last edited: Aug 30, 2022
    • Like Like x 5
  15. whiteleyaj

whiteleyaj Active Member

This is the year, after a long wait of disappointment and bugs and issues.... we have TSW3 - with super this and fantastic that. Told ALL preservation crew updates would be released gradually over summer. We also have the add on manager ready for TSW2 users then TSW3 after release. All our ducks are finally in order.
    DTG 2 weeks later:
    Sh*t!
    upload_2022-8-30_19-31-30.png

Forgive me for not feeling optimistic for Friday or God knows how many months after before any resolution is found.

• Like Like x 10
  16. Dinger75

Dinger75 Well-Known Member

Why oh why am I not surprised.

Sorry not buying this 11th hour issue excuse. We have all seen the hot mess that is TSW 3 and they needed all resources on it, so most likely we we were thrown under a bus again because at this stage they figured we are used to it.

Good luck to those who have pre-ordered TSW3 on PS5 because I'd bet good money on which version they tested the least.

• Like Like x 6
  17. trainman#2504

trainman#2504 Member

Bottom line is your company has broken the rules as a developer on Playstation. Rules which you agreed to before getting a PS5 dev kit, even if you didn't read or understand them. Us paying customers have been paying the price ever since. When is it time for your company to pay for your mistakes instead of us?

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  18. Tigert1966

Tigert1966 Well-Known Member

I’m eagerly awaiting this as well but we’ve all been complaining endlessly about DTG not testing stuff properly and releasing it broken.

Just for once it looks like it is being tested properly and they delayed it and we’re complaining about that as well.

Given the scope for messing everything up, I’d rather wait a bit longer and have it working.

19. bakedpotatos.jm

bakedpotatos.jm Well-Known Member

Glad I have a Series X...none of this is an issue.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Tigert1966

Tigert1966 Well-Known Member

I’m slowly converting but with the rate of sales on XBox, it’s going to take me a very long time.

• Like Like x 1
  21. MYG92

MYG92 Well-Known Member

Excuses all over again I still remember the TGV Réseau DLC on TSC fiasco as DTG promised every year to bring a fix but they never I think that’ll become the norm to bring false promises…

• Like Like x 2
  22. Dinger75

Well this DTG we are talking about.

The same people that say 'if its not on the roadmap, it's not being worked on'. Then after about a year of stringing people along they admit they were never working on it to begin with and have therefore dropped it from the roadmap.

• Like Like x 8
  23. bakedpotatos.jm

That is the biggest problem with Xbox, there are only like 2 or 3 sales on TSW a year.

I feel for PS players this DLC limit is a joke and I think it is both DTG and Sony's fault.

Since Sony did the update that put this into effect for who knows why after the PS5 was released. You would think they would be able to do up a report and physically contact those developers that were close to or over said limit to give them a heads up. Instead of just leaving it up to find whatever little place the put it in all the update notes.

And DTG fpr not noticing it in the 1st place.

I just don't understand why Sony decided on a limit in the 1st place.

• Like Like x 2
  24. Allan

Allan Member

I think we are at a point now where it’s becoming a joke. For how long haven’t they found a way to fix it? DTG need to act like a professional company and treat its customer with respect. It’s an insult to us PS5 players who have spent so much money on dlc’s for many years and they don’t seem to take the problem seriously and make it one of their biggest priority to fix it and deliver what we players deserve. I’m VERY disappointed

• Like Like x 8
  25. smugstarlord#4202

smugstarlord#4202 Well-Known Member

No, you guys just have "out of memeory" issues instead

• Like Like x 1
  26. james.caton

james.caton Member

I was looking forward on getting this DLC fix in the next couple days, maybe before the weekend but now it's been delayed again, maybe many months!

• Like Like x 2
  27. bakedpotatos.jm

Never had a one. Thats a Series S issue.

And I'm only missing 3 routes and 4 locos so I have almost every possible DLC installed

And that is because the series S has less RAM, only 10GB vs 16GB on Series X.

And the GPU is not as strong as a PS5 either. Where as the Series X it is slightly stronger than a PS5.

Never had a crash and FPS has never been below 52. And that is Dresden and BML.

I used to have both PS4 and Xbox One and honestly I liked the PS4 over the Xbox. But since MLB the Show is on Xbox now too. I just went with the console with the highest specs this time around. And I haven't been dissapointed yet except for the sales. I do miss the sales.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  28. JesseBlue

JesseBlue Active Member

DTG now saying the encountered a last minute issue on PS5 - which is the only system the DLC limit is an issue! - is pretty laughable.
    So they tested every system (which wouldn't really need this fix), but PS5 only as last?
    With all the other problems TSW has on PlayStation one sure gets the impression, PlayStation and it's owners are not taken seriously enough.
    It's getting so tiresome that these excuses drag on for months and months.
    Profile transfer even got scrapped for good. After being "looked at" for ages...

• Like Like x 10
  29. DXR8002

It's actually disgusting the way TSW3 is marketed for Playstation when it is effectively a defective product, I mean, how is this even legal? To sell DLC that cannot even be used, there are still threads popping up here from new users who are not aware of this, it's a travesty. Again, just imagine if a more well known game did this, it would be outrage all over the gaming press and places like Neogaf. At the very least all DLC should've been banned from sale until the problem is resolved. It's just mind boggling how DTG have got away with this. They didn't read Sony's terms and conditions on releasing DLC so it's on them.

• Like Like x 4
  30. WipEout_F7200#3763

WipEout_F7200#3763 Member

The shock horror when you realize the entire game (unless using a disc version) is downloadable content...

Just gonna say, if you have a ps5 and you wanna avoid the dlc cap, download the ps4 version of the game. Sure if you own all dlc it's gonna be a big chunk of about 130 -150gb (unless they've found a way to reduce file size), however the performance and capabilities of the PS5 is more than enough to run the game with ease.

Running the game on an actual PS4 might be a different story.

• Like Like x 1
  31. pveezy

pveezy Well-Known Member

It’s ironic that the PS5 motto is “play has no limits” when they literally limit play with their nonsense policy.

As for TSW they should have just made it so you could install the base game 3 times.

“TSW America” where you can install 64gb of American DLC.

“TSW Europe” where you can install 64gb of European DLC.

“TSW UK” where you can install 64gb of UK DLC.

Make it so if you buy one of the “base” you get the others free.

That way you effectively install the game 3 times and each copy has enough DLC room for all add ons and the layers work because each region is together.

• Like Like x 4
  32. pveezy

pveezy Well-Known Member

The problem is the PS4 version has lots of cut backs like less services and shorter trains (for the big US freight routes). Even if you run it on a PS5 it still has all the reduced content.

33. Masterplan

Masterplan Member

I wanna visit you and see it with my own eyes. I got Series X as well, 28 routes installed. My FPS sometimes drop as low as to 20, but that's rare, more often to 30 using external camera. TBH this is the least of my problems.
    As for crashes: try the Penninsula corridor. I got both loco dlcs installed as well, though I don't know if it's relevant. Starting in San Francisco in the FP40, the sound of the engine stops within 10 seconds. Then when driving through South San Francisco, the game always crashes if I look outside the windows. That's guaranteed. Going north, I get random crashes.
    Recently I played the Minehead shuntinp pt. 2 scenario on WSR. Halfway through, the game crashed.

34. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

Unbelievable that they haven't fixed one of the most glaring flaws of TSW2 for PS5 users before packaging the whole, buggy mess straight into a new title. I'll be waiting for that fix to land in both titles before even considering TSW3.

• Like Like x 8
  35. WipEout_F7200#3763

There is no difference between PS4 and the PS5 versions of the game as far as I'm aware... Besides the add on issues

• Like Like x 1
  36. Lenwigg

Lenwigg Well-Known Member

Some of the routes have less traffic due to not being able to have layers from other routes added due to memory on the PS4.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  37. Lenwigg

And then it would never be solved because if they were not selling DLC they would not be able to pay staff wages. Unless of course you think they should all work for free.

38. Dinger75

No one is saying work for free they are just saying fix your broken DLC's.

The problem is that DTG has [edited - JD - provocative] working for the company who are flat out taking the [edited - JD - provocative] out of their customers.

We have by now lost track of how many times they promise a fix in the roadmap while we are just strung along while they have little or no intention to actually work on it.

Example. PS4 to PS5 profile transfers dead in the water. BML rush hour passengers missing presumed dead. Let's not forgot the empty window over the summer where they would look at rush hour routes was just complete BS while they worked on TSW3

They really are full of [edited - JD - language]

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 31, 2022
    • Like Like x 8
  39. WipEout_F7200#3763

Oh yeah graphic differences are to be expected... I just has a similar conversation with someone on discord that cleared it up for me.
    Either way I'll be playing the game via my PS5, it's just a matter of choosing between which version to play first...

40. Lenwigg

Then how the heck would they pay their employees if they were not selling DLC? If the poster thinks they should not be selling DLC what are they saying?

41. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

https://tenor.com/view/obiwan-starwars-badfeeling-gif-5312394

Hentis

42. DTG JD

Everything we put into the Roadmap is correct at the time of posting. Things change, and where they do we try to provide reasoning for it. Rush Hour Passengers for London Commuter we've mentioned several times is due to the current performance on the route, which we are investigating, but there is no quick fix for.

During the window, the team worked on Save Game, Add-ons Manager, Xbox Sound issues, and released several patches including long-awaited Preservation Crew fixes. Due to the complexity of some of the issues, they weren't going to be fixed immediately. It gave us the opportunity for our Engineering Team to focus on getting to grips with them. We have to prioritise improvements based on scale, severity, and impact of the issue, so these core improvements are a lot of what the Engineering team have been investigating.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  43. Observadorpt

During this few weeks DTG say that PS5 dlc limit fix are being tested, then ready to be deployed, now you have said that DTG found an issue? and only now as been found? Can you share with us what problem is?

Last edited: Aug 31, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  44. trainman#2504

trainman#2504 Member

The problem is they don't test early or often enough. Last I heard they were testing a fix meant for PS5 mainly on Xbox and Steam. And those are DTG customers doing the majority of the testing, not DTG employees. Can't imagine why they have issues with quality control.

45. DTG JD

It's been tested for a long time, it's been with our beta community (Xbox and Steam) and QA team (all platforms) since mid-July.

Observadorpt it was a crashing issue, so not something we felt comfortable launching with. This can (and does) happen on occasion, where something comes in we weren't expecting - can appreciate the frustration from anyone who's been waiting patiently though.

• Like Like x 2
  46. Observadorpt

Thanks.

47. bakedpotatos.jm

How full is your hard drive? I've never had a crash and FPS always above 50 fps.

My Series X is only 54% full, not sure if that is a reason.

I get the same sounds cut out but that is a known issue that is supposed to be fixed when the pres crew update gets released....if ever. But sounds stay fine on the baby bullet. And FPS is always in the green. lowest hit was at San fran and FPS was showing 56.

Maybe I just have an immaculate Series X or something.

48. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

Are you running in HD and he in 4K? Could that be the extra strain?

49. bakedpotatos.jm

I am running in 4K.

50. trainman#2504

trainman#2504 Member

Regardless if what you said is true or not, the proof is in the pudding. I've crashed more times on PS5 with this game than on any other game on my PS5 system. There are serious platform breaking bugs that occur all the time and takes months or years for your team to address. The QA is abysmal, with me having to wait for things to release to see "what is broken" because you can't seem to get it together. I'm still waiting for fixes for SoS that may never come to my DLC I bought just a few months ago because you've arbitrarily gate kept them behind a paywall. So your words mean absolutely nothing to me when the product your company produces lacks any polish or care. I play a lot of games on a lot of platforms and it is clear to me your company cannot properly handle a multiplatform release without huge problems somewhere. You can't convince me otherwise at this point. You have to SHOW me through months of actual quality assurance, proper long term support for expensive add-ons, and spending less on community managers that don't seem to have any passion for the game, just shills.

• Like Like x 3