Progress Transfer Update - Train Sim World 2 To Train Sim World 3

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG JD, Aug 31, 2022.

Tags:
  1. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

Well if the collectables are imported, I hope the achievement unlocks if you've already collected all of them on a route. So do them all in TSW2 first, then import.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Ghostface1701

Ghostface1701 Well-Known Member

This is my concern. TSW doesn't seem to retroactively award trophies (i.e. if a trophy didn't pop when reaching a certain level or distance requirement, it never will on that profile). I have a bad feeling that some trophies then will only be achievable by using a second, new, profile.

Still, this is good news for those painful trophies I haven't gotten yet ("Operate the BR 182 a distance of 1820km", why!?)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Kim1087

Kim1087 Well-Known Member

I doubt that the game will check for achievements when you create a profile, I think when you load a scenario or service all achievement's you've earned will unlock for the route your currently playing

• Like Like x 1
  4. grumypop51

grumypop51 Well-Known Member

Great question! I notice no reply forthcoming. That about sums up their interest in TSW2, doesn't it?

5. bakedpotatos.jm

bakedpotatos.jm Well-Known Member

They have said that all future DLC will be TSW3.

And it was also confirmed by a developer.

TSW2 is on life support and the plug is likely to be pulled 6 months from next week.

• Like Like x 2
  6. DXR8002

DXR8002 Well-Known Member

They've already answered numerous times.

7. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

Maybe a little bit off-topic here, but what does this mean for the new three routes in terms of layers during Early Access? Will all SKW AI traffic be present? What about SEHS TGV and Jubilee services (when buying the standard edition)?

• Like Like x 2
  8. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

I would assume that there would be no layers in the interim (all of 4 days!), because the layered rolling stock's base route has to be present in order to load the models.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  9. breblimator

breblimator Guest

It can be like that.

This is strange because the pre-order will be done mainly by fans of the brand. It is their flattering opinions that can determine the success of sales, but they will receive an incomplete product at the same time. For me, this is not a problem, possibly a small disappointment.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Luke8899

Luke8899 Well-Known Member

As others have said, anything not included in the base TSW3 package won't layer in until the 6th. The Jubilee is a bit different, as if you get the Deluxe edition to do get it for early access, but if you're just getting it as part of a free upgrade from the TSW2 route via the standard edition, you have to wait until the 6th.

11. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

There has been mention of brand new achievements for TSW3 as the old ones can’t be ported across. However, I am unclear as to achievements for individual TSW2 DLCs, e.g. achievements for completing scenarios, collectables etc. Will these still be available under TSW3 and, if so, will they need to be achieved again or will achievements made in TSW2 carry across?

12. DTG JD

DTG JD Director of Community Staff Member

Would assume not, as that content will be live on Tuesday.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  13. DTG JD

Quick note added to the article:

Note: if you wish to port liveries and scenarios over, we advise importing your profile on your first log-in. There is a risk that your saved liveries and scenarios won't port over if you don't, whilst we fix an issue.

If you don't wish to import your profile initially, you can redownload your liveries and scenarios that are live on Creators Club.

And a note on PS4-PS5 transfer:

Confirmed progress will not transfer between PS4 and PS5.

• Helpful Helpful x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Sparmi

Sparmi Well-Known Member

...can't happen, because everthing uploaded to CC is automatically saved on the DTG server. That's why you can download your uploaded stuff again.
    BTW: thanks to JD for the additional info, to take over the old profile the first time you log in. I've already outsourced 47 liveries + 2 scenarios, but the rest are mostly subject to license regulations that have not yet been approved. So I preffer the log in first method. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  15. Swisstrains

Swisstrains Well-Known Member

Well that’s good to know!

16. Fori

Fori New Member

Please some official word on the achievements. Will they auto complete? Afterall TSW 1 / 2 had the same achievements (and I guess TSW 3 will too) for the same routes so you could trigger them all after checking if the content has been done.

Will this be possible? Otherwise I guess I'd refrain from importing the profile - who knows what will break.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2022
  17. Rail Runner

Rail Runner Well-Known Member

Okay thanks for the update :)
    Any news on if I can transfer my routes between TSW2 on PS4 and TSW3 on PS5?

18. thatyaxthing#3408

thatyaxthing#3408 Member

19. MYG92

MYG92 Well-Known Member

Oh god no transfer from PS4 to PS5…

20. Rail Runner

So there is no transfer at all? What I mean is that I’ve got all my DLC on TSW2 on my PS4 and I’m going to buy a PS5. Will my routes be able to transfer. I don’t really necessarily mind about progress, but route DLCs I do.

21. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

Routes should transfer as long as you use the same account on the PS5 that you used TSW2 with on PS4.

• Like Like x 1
  22. Swisstrains

Swisstrains Well-Known Member

So I don’t know whether it’s all the AI trains, but I have seen Dostos which are not included in the route running in Kassel, so there is AI traffic. Apart from that, there is a ton of ICE trains!
    The funny thing is also, that the Talent two, Br146.2 and Dostos are in the menu available, but since there are no services you can drive, you can’t select them. But there is AI!

Last edited: Sep 2, 2022
  23. CowBoyWolf

CowBoyWolf Well-Known Member

upload_2022-9-2_12-0-39.png
    The 146 and 442 are AI only

• Like Like x 2
  24. Rustyrails

Rustyrails Member

Is the profile transfer available with Steam's early access? I did not get the option to import as shown in the document .

25. DTG JD

There should be an update (3.75GB, restart Steam). We hope that fixes it.

26. Rustyrails

Rustyrails Member

i did see a large update ~3GB come by but nothing yet after a restart. if it helps , i see build 49 in the game.

27. DTG JD

Hmm, you should be on Build 59, I believe. Have you restarted Steam?

28. Rustyrails

Rustyrails Member

sorry, typo. yes, am on Build 59 and restarted Steam.
    This is not a biggie so will play TSW3 . Hopefully , this gets fixed before release.
    thanks

29. DTG JD

Okay, thank you for letting me know. I'm not sure why that's happening - everyone else we're seeing that received the update has the import option.

One final thing. Was the profile name you chose on TSW3 the same as TSW2? If so, if you delete the TSW3 profile, it should appear.

(there's a note here about it: https://live.dovetailgames.com/live/train-sim-world/articles/article/progress-transfer-update-tsw3)

30. DarkWolf

DarkWolf Active Member

Is there a difference between importing your profile and transfering your TSW2 progress?

I have TSW2 and 3 on Epic Games and had the option of importing my TSW2 profile into TSW3, which I didn't think was going to be possible at launch? It seems to have carried over my level on things like the SD40-2 and BR442.

Was this ability added for Epic Games at the last minute or will I be missing something progress wise once the TSW Compatible content goes live in TSW3? Or have I confused something?

DW

31. johnmcglade17

johnmcglade17 Active Member

I am trying to log into dovetail live it's not in my login

32. Rustyrails

Rustyrails Member

quick update if anyone else couldn't import TSW2 profile . This worked for me.
    I have TSW2 installed but was logged out of Dovetail (didn't now) . So when i installed TSW3, maybe it did not know about TSW2 profile.
    So, i uninstalled TSW3 (Steam) and also removed the profile/files from the local drive. (in my case C:\Users\<user>\Documents\My Games\TrainSimWorld3
    Went into TSW2 and logged in dovetail and went in and out of a route (i dont think this matters)
    Then reinstalled TSW3.
    When logged into Dovetail from within TSW3, if game me the "import" option!

Just wanted to post this incase someone had the same issue...

• Like Like x 2
  33. JaviFlyer

JaviFlyer New Member

Hi, can we transfer the TSW2 DLC's to TSW3?

34. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

You will be able to when they go live – at or after release, depending on the DLC.

35. Sparmi

Sparmi Well-Known Member

...a quick update from me: everything according to profile transfer worked as planned! First I transferred my old PS4 profile (70+) on console and late in the evening, after the PC patch, I was able to bring my TSW2 PC (40+) profile into TSW3. Because more than 40 DLCs still have to be installed, I don't have access to them yet. But at least most of them are still neatly placed in CC. ;)

BTW: a few words about the new UI. It's really relatively easy and coherent to navigate, so the overhaul was worth it!

• Like Like x 1
  36. hansmorse22

hansmorse22 Member

37. Rail Runner

Brilliant. Thank you :)

38. hansmorse22

hansmorse22 Member

There doesn't seem to be any way to use your TSW2 trains or routes in TSW3 yet on PC. Looks like all that happens is it imports the trains into the TSW3 files, but you can't access them or use them. You just get an empty screen when you try. I would have thought you would need to go into TSW3 Store and they would appear as "Purchased" and you would then need to transfer the actual files from there.

39. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

Those should become available to download once the game comes out of early access and released for everybody (except PlayStation, which will have staggered releases of the content).

40. hansmorse22

hansmorse22 Member

Let's hope so. IMO the layout of the sim is very duplicated and confusing to use. I think they could have done a better job with simplifying the menu. The game is also very graphics intense and runs very hot. I have my 3080ti undervolted and it still runs at up to 75 degrees at 100% at times. All my sim racing titles run at approx 65 degrees at 87% utilization.

• Like Like x 2
  41. MaxDiehard

MaxDiehard New Member

What about transferring TSW2 PS4 version to PS5, then importing that PS5 profile to TSW3?

I really don't want to start again. This is ridiculous, and should have been the most basic feature to begin with, especially as most of us have already poured hundreds of hours into this game.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  42. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

There is no PS4 to PS5 transfer - they've given up on that and removed it from the roadmap entirely.

43. grumypop51

grumypop51 Well-Known Member

Not to mention the hundreds of dollars we poured into the game.

44. davemc#8546

davemc#8546 New Member

Thank you for everything you are doing. My request is for the "save" function to return asap. I can't play some of the routes as they are too long. I don't want to leave computer and PS5 in rest mode to save energy. Please can we have it back.... with thanks

45. hansmorse22

hansmorse22 Member

I'm still a little confused, being new to TSW2 and now going to TSW3. Does this mean I can play all my trains and DLC routes I purchased on TSW2 on TSW3? Also, I heard someone saying you can run different trains on different routes too. So, for example, can I run an ICE train on the Cajon Pass in California?

[​IMG]

Find out how you can do this here.

Note: At this stage, Epic Games or Xbox for Windows (PC) players will not be able to transfer progress.[/QUOTE]

46. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Yes, all TSW2 routes and locos are automatically updated to TSW3 (i.e., new TSW3-compatible versions will be automatically downloaded). Your profile with all your game progress can be imported as above if you play on Steam, Game Pass, Playstation or XBox (but not XBox for Windows).

Running unprototypical trains on different routes: you can do this using the Scenario Editor (in some cases, you may have to pick "off the rails" mode for a setup which would be impossible IRL, like running an electric loco on Cajon Pass or an AC4400 on the London Underground).

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  47. oporopolist#1682

oporopolist#1682 Member

I'm struggling to make sense of this. I will never be able to import my progress from TSW2 to TWS3 on the Epic platform, or is it just that it wasn't implemented for release day, but it will be possible in the future?

48. goupil74

goupil74 Member

I'm disapointing : no achievement transfer and route services or collectables including scénario. It is hardly frustrating after many Times and many many times to complète achievements and services... Is DTG working on a solution ??

49. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

If you're having issues with you profile not importing suggest submitting a ticket at this link https://dovetailgames.freshdesk.com/support/home

50. oporopolist#1682

oporopolist#1682 Member

Is there any news on this? Will it be possible to import a profile from TSW2 on EPIC into TSW3?