Ps5 Dlc Limit Fix

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Observadorpt, Aug 24, 2022.

1. bakedpotatos.jm

bakedpotatos.jm Well-Known Member

Yes there is PS4 version is PC low settings and PS5 is PC high settings.

There is a huge difference. It looks almost like a new game on 9th gen.

2. trainman#2504

trainman#2504 Member

Sony uses kraken compression making the PS5 version with larger textures take up less space. Faster loading times compared to PS4. But if you run the PS4 version on PS5 it's not a huge difference with the native version in loading times.

Dovetail should have at least tried to add other features like rumble, adaptive triggers, quick resume, trophy progression or mouse support but they don't seem to want to or be able to.But a limited supply expensive PC only board, that is a higher priority from them. Oh well.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

Agree completely. Not having any kind of haptic feedback on a PS5 title is borderline criminal - the DualSense is the defining feature of gaming on a PS5. To ignore that completely and not even include a bit of 90s-tech rumble in line with some of the audio triggers is a baffling choice.

• Like Like x 6
  4. benuildo

benuildo Member

Only 2 weeks left.
    ...then we can celebrate the DLC Limits first birthday. :love:
    1 Year. >>Klick<<
    I think that we get the fix as birthday present. I'm shure that was the plan, for the whole time. :D
    So excited!!!

• Like Like x 7
  5. WipEout_F7200#3763

WipEout_F7200#3763 Member

Yeah I would of like to of seen haptic feedback too. It would make pressing the acceleration and brakes more realistic.

6. d.heal

d.heal Well-Known Member

It's going to be annoying it won't be fix at release for tsw3 but I would prefer to habe to uninstall and reinstall routes/locos then have a game that's just crashes

7. JesseBlue

JesseBlue Active Member

Well, DTG is really SLOW and bad at fixing the many bugs.
    I totally agree with you, but sadly it cannot be expected that they care about this stuff.
    They couldn't even be bothered to have a PS4 to PS5 save file/profile transfer.
    Something virtually every other game developer, including very small Indy ones, can do. At release!!!

I am not a TSW player for that long, but it has become clear to me what I can expect from DTG and what not.
    They are certainly not very good at fixing their unfinished or unpolished stuff that is released.
    They will release TSW3 in a rushed and unfinished state - again, I am certain of it.
    Best example, no save game - because it is still not fixed!!!

They obviously put priority in regular releases (=income) then a polished product.
    So they release unfinished stuff and put little time/effort into it afterwards.

TSW is a cool game, don't get me wrong. But it could be SO much better if some honest effort would be given to polishing and bug fixing

• Like Like x 4
  8. forteanjo

forteanjo Active Member

Brakes resisting through the trigger whilst the whole controller rumbles away would be great. Even playing the clickety-clack of passing over the rails through the controller speaker would be a great addition.

• Like Like x 5
  9. WipEout_F7200#3763

Making a game isn't easy, I imagine dovetail are suffering from a wack-a-mole effect where they squash one bug/problem and another problem pops up, resulting in a never ending cycle of trying to eliminate bugs... Probably irrelevant untill we've all seen and played TSW3, but to fix most of the issues imo they might have to look at building the game from the ground up, which I would assume they don't have the time or resources to do so at the moment. Also if they started development on a TSW4, imo they have to say enough is enough and leave the old baggage of old content behind... Just my thoughts though.

10. WipEout_F7200#3763

Definitely

• Like Like x 1
  11. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Is that how brake levers work on a train though? The brake lever isn’t connected to a big stick that goes down and contacts the wheels, at least it isn’t any more. The only haptic feedback suitable for the levers is having a small click for when the lever passes a notch in a notched lever and maybe a force that stops you from pressing the control if the lever is physically locked. Even that is probably too much work for DTG to consider as they have bigger things to work on that are a benefit to everyone.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

I thought the same. I don't think you'd get any actual brake resistance the way you do with racing games, but having a resistance profile which simulates a clicking switch or a notchy movement of an accelerator/brake lever on the triggers would add hugely to the experience. A gentle click clack of tracks and engine rumble based on what he audio channels are doing would also be a great addition - the DualSense offers such a range of subtle feedback, you could make it a showcase for series without too much additional work. Unfortunately, I'm not sure anyone at DTG really uses (other than playing their own game) or understands the PS5 as a platform - there are so many great game features and opportunities they don't take advantage of, it still feels like a poorly executed PC port at times.

• Like Like x 2
  13. erg73

erg73 Well-Known Member

The most useful thing for me would be to feel some resistance on the trigger before moving to the emergency brake notch. I can't count the number of times I've inadvertently activated them while playing without hud.

• Like Like x 5
  14. WipEout_F7200#3763

If you've played the astro bot game that comes preloaded with the PS5 you'll see how cool the features can be and you'd believe there was actually something running around inside the controller... It's a shame not many games are making use of it.
    In terms of tsw I would like to see
    • Controller rumbling, like a gentle rumble that mimics the train running down the track.
    • Feedback when you crash into something
    • The triggers being more clicky or snappy based on the trains power mode, rough press for those with % and a slow click for ones that use things like P1, P2... (Play Ratchet and Clank rift apart (weapons like the grenade) or FFVII Remake (bike sequences) it will give you an idea)
    • The alerter through the controller speaker
    • Other sounds like the clicks you hear when you turn on lights through the speaker too.

• Like Like x 3
  15. Dinger75

Dinger75 Well-Known Member

Out of interest, has anyone worked out the total DLC size for all routes? I know we have an unknown as the 3 core routes of TSW3 were never released before, so we will find out their size on Tuesday.

Reason I am wondering is I think even if you had both games installed at same time, I think you will still need to park a few routes.

Now that's something quite staggering.

16. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

PS4 version TSW 2 (Full DLC on 4tb external HDD) on my PS5 142.9 gig
    PS5 version of TSW 2 61.42gb (on Sand Patch grade, All german routes except Dreden Chemnitz all Uk except Isle of wights 2020 and 2022).

PS4 version of TSW 3 (All 3 routes) 41.99gb * on 4tb external HDD on PS5
    PS5 version of TSW 3 (all 3 routes) 25.72gb * 2TB expansion SSD

Hentis

• Like Like x 1
  17. Conrad

Conrad Member

UP.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1