Some Questions On Action Points - Tsw2

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by trpted, Sep 1, 2022.

1. trpted

trpted Member

#1 How many points does one get for doing certain actions?

This is/these are a few that I know of..

If you are speeding in the red you get nothing / 0 per X yards / X meters.

If you are speeding in the yellow you get 15 points per X yards / X meters.

If you are in the white area of speed you get 30 points per X yards / X meters.

but I do not know what X is.

#2 How does the company who made this software determine how many points in a given mission equals gold?

Please and thank you

2. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

I know you get 500 for completing tasks. I think loading and unloading passengers also gives you 500 but I've also seen 250 so I don't really know. I haven't really payed attention and haven't touched tsw in a while

3. Selimbaba

Selimbaba Member

X is 500 yards. That means for a mile you can get max. 120 points (one mile = 2000 yards).
    1 mile is about 1,6 km. That means X is about 400 meters.

• Like Like x 1
  4. arek#2842

arek#2842 Well-Known Member

Well, not sure if it's all, but you'll get:
    • 500 points max for stopping on the marker (next to the platform). More away you stop your train from the marker (doesn't matter if behind it ahaed of it) more points will be subtracted from that 500.
    • 500 points max for arriving at the time to the platform. More you are late (after scheduled time) more points will be subtracted from that 500. The lowest value you can get here is 250 points.
    • 30 points for driving below max speed limit - I think Selimbaba has explained correctly how it works. You may although received 15 point if you exceed max speed limit (it's within yellow range on the HUD) for a short moment and for a few seconds, but I don't know the exact values. If you'll exceed max speed limit for more that 5 mph / kph (speed is within red range) you'll not receive any points.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Lenwigg

Lenwigg Well-Known Member

I don't know what it is but I am pretty sure it is less than five miles. Because a lot of stops are less than five miles apart and if what you say was correct we could travel all the journey between them in the red and get full available points.

6. arek#2842

I should mention I meant mph / kph.
    Also, I'm not entirely sure if the '5' number is right, might be less. Anyway, I've also noticed that if your traveling exceeding speed for a long time, but being in the "yellow" range on the HUD all the time - you'll not receive AP (there will be message "significantly exceed speed limit").
    All that I've wrote is coming from my not-so-precise observation, so it may give more like a general idea about AP, I have no idea about how it works in details actually.

7. WipEout_F7200#3763

WipEout_F7200#3763 Member

The points deducted for being late might explain alot... I did a service the other day where I kept to the speed limits, parked perfectly n stuff but ended up with a bronze and made me flip out screaming wtf :P

8. arek#2842

Yeah, I think if you're more than 5 minutes behind the schedule, you'll receive only 250 points for passenger load. If you ran a service with a lot of stops, that may hurt ;)

• Like Like x 2
  9. trpted

trpted Member

Thank you all for your answer to the first part of the question.

Please do not forget about the second part of the question.

For example on SPG mission U876-C - Coal -Shaw Mine to Yoder Siding, if you complete it as is you only get 1770 AP. Which is not enough to get gold.

If you want a video showing what I mean, I found at least one that you can watch

What I had to do to get gold: After stoping at the first point, continue almost to the red light ahead of you. It does not need to be real close, just enough to see the light out of the window if you had the HUD off (as need be hide and show the HUD). Then after you get there, then go to the second point you are stop at and continue to do what it/they want you to do.

Please and thank you

10. WipEout_F7200#3763

WipEout_F7200#3763 Member

Hmm, don't have time to watch the video, but I would assume points are based on an average score people would most likely get. Not sure if it's true for every tsw game but the more you drive on track under the speed limit the more points you get, I've not done freight routes yet but I can guess you could build up points by running back and forth to the objective as long as you don't hit any red lights and don't touch the objective... Just my thoughts.

11. trpted

trpted Member

But it is not limited/restricted to only freight routes. For exanple on LGV Méditerranée: Marseille - Avignon there are depot missions. If you do exactly what it says/they say that you are to do, I believe you get 560 points. However those depot missions to get gold I believe requires at least 590 points. By I believe, I am not sure of the exact number - but either way the info is correct. By either way the info is correct, is self explanatory.

To be clear as to which missions that they are, both:

Leave Depot.

Return to Depot.

and at any time of day. By at any time of day, I mean there are more than one mission of Leave Depot and likewise for Return to Depot.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2022
  12. arek#2842

I've noticed that on LGV as well, but one time I managed to get gold medal, rest cases was silver. I'm not sure if it is not related with how much time you're taking to bring TGV from depot to station. It's a silly assumption, but the only one time I get the gold medal was when I already know TGV good enough to configure it fast for the road and arrive to station much faster than in the rest cases.

13. trpted

trpted Member

Interesting.

But that/those mission(s), you only need to get there and stop at the right location vs get there, stop at the right location and on time.

14. trpted

trpted Member

Another question on AP.

While I do not have every route yet and have not tried all of the routes that I have, with most routes you get upto 500 points if you stop at the right location.

Of the routes that I tried so far with IOW you get only 250 points if you stopping at the right location (and get upto 500 points for on time).

Why (or how come) is that for IOW?

Please and thank you

15. rennekton#1349

I think it depends on the route and how the devs decided how many points to give with each completed objective

16. hells.high.lord666

hells.high.lord666 Well-Known Member

If you're in the white you can also be penalised and only get 15 AP because the upgrade to UE 4.26 moved the speed limit marker. So it is possible to be penalised 15 points when actually driving at the speed limit!

17. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

The speedometers round up. For example, if the speed limit is 100mph and you're doing 100.4mph, you'll get the 30 points. If you're doing 100.5mph, it rounds that up to 101mph so you will be classed as speeding. Unfortunately it's not possible to tell if you are doing 100.4mph because there's no decimal number after 9.9mph and it only shows whole numbers.

18. Stephen Crofts

Stephen Crofts Well-Known Member

It’s not very consistent. There are routes with freight runs where it’s hard to get bronze because of the way the thresholds were set up without looking. I just ignore the points and enjoy the drive.
    that said, I wouldn’t mind having a consistent measure of driving ability.

19. septafan#3534

septafan#3534 Member

At times you can be doing the exact speed limit and its say your overspeed and will give you 15pts instead of 30pts

20. rennekton#1349

yes, cuz it rounds up. Since the speedometer only shows whole numbers above 10mph, hard to tell if you are doing 10.4 or 10.5 and the rounding rule applies.

• Like Like x 1
  21. Lenwigg

I always aim to stay 1 mph or 1 kmph under the limit

22. hells.high.lord666

hells.high.lord666 Well-Known Member

So in essence it's exactly what I said and you get penalised for driving at the speed limit! Doesn't matter whether it's 100 or 100.9 you're still doing 100 mph/kmh until that Speedo says 101! It shouldn't be rounding up!

23. Lenwigg

Think of it as being you should travel under whatever the limit is rather than that being a limit. And after all if you are going 101.1 in a 100 limit you are going faster than 100. It is how I lok at it and how I drive by it and have no problem keeping up with most of the timetable times.

24. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Not quite. Station stops are measured only on stop accuracy; time is the key factor in passenger loading scores. In other words, you can be 10 minutes late but if you bullseye the marker you'll get 500 points for the stop; OTOH you will only receive 250 for the passengers.

25. a.paice

a.paice Well-Known Member

Real drivers do not drive on the limit, always a few mph/kph below.

You’ll also notice a lot of the speed limiters automatically keep the train a few mph/kph below what you set.

26. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

While that is true (and I observe that driving freight), the game's overtight passenger schedules don't allow it if you want to be "on time"

27. Lenwigg

I always try to be within four minutes of the time table at the end of the run for both freight and passenger. And the biggest majority of the time I am. And a lot of those are well within those four minutes.

Why four minutes? I don't know really, I think it is just a number that came up in my mind as being a fair and reasonable And on the odd occasion that I am not then I think I failed, even if I get gold.