Tsw3 Italian Language

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Alex656, Sep 1, 2022.

1. Alex656

Alex656 Member

I read on steam that TSW 3 will no longer support the Italian language like the previous editions; is the news confirmed?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

Looks like it. See Steam pages

TSW2
    upload_2022-9-1_8-28-25.png

TSW3
    upload_2022-9-1_8-28-37.png

3. davidh0501

davidh0501 Well-Known Member

Interesting, but not surprising as we have no Spanish, Russian or Simplified Chinese routes.

4. Alex656

Alex656 Member

Since the lack of interest in the Italian community has also led to the exclusion of the localization in our language ......... bye bye TSW.

Good Fun

5. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

You seem to be using English quite fine, so I don't see the problem.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Alex656

Alex656 Member

You are right, I could normally use the simulator but it is the decision to exclude the Italian language (so far always present), while others continue to be present, to make me angry.
    Several times I and others have asked to also consider the Italian railways, trains such as the Frecciarossa 1000 for example, are also used in Spain, they travel to France but are not considered; perhaps it is a commercial decision. Now completely excluding the Italian language also disappoints me a lot also because all the railway simulators but also the Flight Simulator versions have always implemented our language; I don't want to be argumentative but I'm definitely disappointed

• Like Like x 3
  7. Alex656

Alex656 Member

Unfortunately, those who would like material other than GER / UK / US cannot even try to make it with their own community because an editor and relative guides are still missing; now that the localization in Italian is also missing, the enthusiasm drops further

• Like Like x 1
  8. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

Right, I'm Dutch, my language was never included in the first place. So Italians already had more than the Dutch. Anyways, bye, have fun playing other games, while I enjoy TSW3 in English.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Cloadmcally

Cloadmcally Active Member

While I understand the frustration on your part I think your tone is a bit out of place. I'm Italian but was raised bilingual, so the omission of Italian doesn't bother me at all, but since generally the level of English that Italians are able to speak is quite low, that creates more problems for the Italian community, that the omission of dutch does to the Dutch community, as the vast majority of residents of the Netherlands are very close to being bilingual, as I witnessed when trying to learn Dutch in Rotterdam. The lack of rolling stock from the Netherlands or Italy is bothersome, I love both countries and feel that there's a lot of interesting gameplay and stock that we're missing out on. Dutch trains however, were at least somewhat represented in TSC by the wonderful ChrisTrains, but we got nil even back then, so while you might get some third party addons down the line, if DTG doesn't take a shot at an Italian route I doubt we'll ever see one.

10. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

Complaining about the lack of foreign content, yes, I agree.

Complaining about the omission of your local language, while you're perfeclty able to write and understand English, sounds like a silly thing to do.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2022
  11. roysto25

roysto25 Well-Known Member

It is not silly to complain that a sim which claims to be international does not have localization for European languages. Spanish is spoken by over 300 million people, Italian by 60 million plus, Dutch by 17 million plus. It may not be realistic to expect full audio, but localization? - give me a break. Regrettably, my language - Welsh - will never receive any attention - because we are mostly bilingual?

12. Pipe

Pipe Well-Known Member

Naaah, c´mon, Dutch is nothing else than German with a very funny pronunciation. There! ;)

13. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

And both sound terrible, so I'm happy to play my games in English ;)

• Like Like x 1
  14. DTG Jamie

DTG Jamie Staff Member

Can confirm Italian and Polish is there and the store pages will be updated.

• Helpful Helpful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Alex656

Alex656 Member

Happy to hear that :cool:

16. davidh0501

davidh0501 Well-Known Member

Now give us the Italian routes please!
    Just think of the scenery.

• Like Like x 1