Train Sim World 3 - What You Need To Know

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG JD, Sep 1, 2022.

1. d.heal

d.heal Well-Known Member

I wonder what order that tsw2 routes/locos will release for playstation and how many at a time

2. Knightfire1964

Knightfire1964 Well-Known Member

ok yeah obviously jd had made a mistake i never picked up on that as i just mainly looked at the FAQ if i was unsure about anything

3. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

That doesn't really address the points raised, with all due respect. Some of us have been stress testing the TSW2 save game the last couple of weeks and it has actually proven quite robust. Certainly good enough to take a chance on it working. Why not give us that option? Why the stubborn intransigence? I could readily understand if the "solution" was a matter of days or a couple of weeks away but to give us a new version of the game with two lengthy routes, both of which no doubt have many runs that cannot be comfortably completed in an hour or thereabouts without even a glimmer of being able to save progress is frankly unacceptable.

I appeal again, reconsider this and allow those who want it to switch the save game back on.

• Like Like x 12
  4. Observadorpt

Observadorpt Active Member

Not true, you dont have played you can ask for a refund. There are times i downloaded a game deleted it and asked a refund and got it.

5. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

That depends on your region and local laws, some regions have more robust consumer protection laws then others.

6. Sony probably still peeved with the Western world over this

• Like Like x 1
  7. Knightfire1964

Knightfire1964 Well-Known Member

well i mean you still get SOS you just won't be able to play it for 4 days which isn't really the end of the world to me

• Like Like x 2
  8. DXR8002

DXR8002 Well-Known Member

Nope. Clearly states in their fine print once downloaded no refunds. I've tried before and denied every time, even without playing.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  9. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Will Sony be releasing one route (plus all loco DLC associated with it) per week or one DLC per week, or is it multiple releases each week? Details are very much needed here.

• Like Like x 4
  10. redrev1917

its more about the fact that DTG constantly lie and mislead their customer base at every turn, if we cant watch their streams and be confident about little things like when they tell us DLC will be available, how are we expected to believe them about bigger things such as bug fixes?

• Like Like x 5
  11. JesseBlue

JesseBlue Active Member

Oh please, spare us your trivial, childish console wars hate.
    Be happy with your Xbox (I presume that to be your system from the derogative language towards Playstation - a dead giveaway of an Xbox fanboy) and leave other people alone with your immature intolerance.
    Thank you!

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  12. DXR8002

DXR8002 Well-Known Member

Lmao

• Like Like x 2
  13. DTG JD

DTG JD Director of Community Staff Member

Multiple. Aim is for it all to be released within a month.

• Like Like x 6
    • Helpful Helpful x 3
  14. Tigert1966

Tigert1966 Well-Known Member

Wow lots of Tantrums kicking off here. I’m disappointed as well. But I’m pretty sure DTG didn’t want to deliberately upset PS5 Players.

As for Trading standards over a 4 day delay on SOS. That is a joke. Someone will have to spend time reading that when they could be dealing with more important issues than someone’s video game turning up a couple of days late. Having had to deal with Trading standards in the past, they do an important and valuable job and are not there for people getting a bit impatient.

• Like Like x 15
  15. redrev1917

False advertising is false advertising, and the lack of regard they gave for their customers when treating existing customers worst then new customers

• Like Like x 5
  16. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Excellent, I can live with that timescale.

• Like Like x 5
  17. marcsharp2

marcsharp2 Well-Known Member

It's not a tantrum when it's the third time in a row we've been told many times that preserved content will be available on day one and the third time that's proven to not be the case.

• Like Like x 3
  18. mattchester#9176

mattchester#9176 Well-Known Member

Now, if we can please have the DLC Manager released on the same timescale then all is forgiven!

• Like Like x 4
  19. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

This is why people shouldn't pre order stuff. To those that have pre ordered, have fun children, Have fun.

The crashing isnt surprising. Whilst they say it's fixed, the proof will be in the pudding and I wouldn't be surprised if more crashes happened

Last edited: Sep 1, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  20. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

It clearly IS possible otherwise Microsoft and Steam wouldn’t be able to do it. What they actually mean is that they choose not to do it and as Sony are a huge multinational corporation, they, along with all the others, run the World and what they say goes.

21. junior hornet

I asked the following in the other thread but have not had an answer. If JD is still monitoring this thread, would you be able to answer please.

There has been mention of brand new achievements for TSW3 as the old ones can’t be ported across. However, I am unclear as to achievements for individual TSW2 DLCs, e.g. achievements for completing scenarios, collectables etc. Will these still be available under TSW3 and, if so, will they need to be achieved again or will achievements made in TSW2 carry across?

• Like Like x 2
  22. SHINO BAZ

SHINO BAZ Well-Known Member

I'm shocked beyond belief that since TSW3 has barely released and is already a big mess.What goods early access if this is the result.Now DTG has to fix TSW3 plus everything still broken from TSW2/TSW2020,well at least some have job security at DTG.

• Like Like x 1
  23. Jannerdunk

Jannerdunk Well-Known Member

So no doubt because of the "Sony" issue, that means the release date for the TSW2 preserved updates will get put back even further as all efforts are put into TSW3.

Wouldn't be surprised if we don't get the TSW2 preserved updates until 2023, if at all.

• Like Like x 1
  24. tallboy7648

I think that is too high of an exception to have for DTG since they like to lie to their customers over and over again.

I feel like with the Playstation situation, they should've said it may not be a guarantee that the tsw2 routes will transfer over on day 1 for those users rather than just saying it will happen. The reaction by some isn't suprising

• Like Like x 2
  25. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

This is why I took the decision to refund now. It's not just the save game issue (though my lack of confidence in DTG played a large part), it's reading between the lines of the release notes this has been rushed to market same as what happened with Rush Hour, where we are still waiting for the Reigate area to be finished properly. For all their multi £million status, at times it feels like we are dealing with a bunch of amateurs.

Don't get me wrong - I love the train sim hobby and want to support the companies that are prepared to venture in to the niche market. But I am just getting this horrible gut feeling about TSW3 and I would rather get my money back in the pre order phase when it can be done without affecting your Steam standing, than after release.

• Like Like x 4
  26. bakedpotatos.jm

bakedpotatos.jm Well-Known Member

So have all these people posted there frustrations with Sony. Just saying if your gonna bash DTG you might as well bash Sony as they are just as responsible in this delay of releases.

"Play has no limits" my ass.

I used to be jealous of PS users. Not this gen it seems.

Sorry but the way I have seen it is since Rush Hour, is that Sony is not making it easy for DTG and throwing curveballs at them constantly

• Like Like x 6
  27. phillip.good

phillip.good Well-Known Member

Thankyou JD

• Like Like x 3
  28. redrev1917

We have so many instances of DTG misleading and lying to their customers, many will be hesitant to believe that 3 working days before release Sony have suddenly informed DTG that all their DLC which was due to be released can't be.

Trust and respect has to be earnt and maintained, sadly over the years we've seen that DTG simply can't be trusted. There's been so many streams where Matt, Sam, Nat and more recently JD have sat there held their hands up and said yeah we've messed up and we've got to rebuild your trust only for a few months later another statement is found to be false/misleading/outright lie.

I've taken the decision to refund now, I can't support a company which holds me and other customers in so little regard that they think their business model isn't immoral and decietful.

I will continue to play and enjoy TSC& TSW2. I don't expect any further updates for TSW2 and anything above that will be a pleasant surprise. But DTG have got their last penny from me.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2022
    • Like Like x 9
  29. SHINO BAZ

If you live outside the US don't forget Sony increasing the price of the PS5 so if you don't have one yet,you better hurry before 09/15/2022.So along with delayed download issues and limited storage space issues you get the bonus of a price increase to boot.I'm sure MS/Nintendo will thank sony for doing what they couldn't,putting the screws to themselves.

• Like Like x 3
  30. Craigyboy81

Craigyboy81 Member

"Positive comment warning".... I'm looking forward to it

• Like Like x 5
  31. SHINO BAZ

Great not everyone should look down on TSW3 but if you trip on the tracks ahead of you might want to still be careful, just say'en.

• Like Like x 1
  32. tallboy7648

Funny how sony ain't increasing prices in the U.S.

I guess Microsoft is so far winning this war

• Like Like x 3
  33. Craigyboy81

Craigyboy81 Member

Oh I am, trust me

34. SHINO BAZ

When you have Japanese gamers jumping ship to get xbox series x/s instead of PS5 in the same country as sony,you have totally screwed your company,sony will be passing out the shame ribbons for this blunder.

• Like Like x 2
  35. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

The only thing stopping me from dumping the PS5 and getting a series X at the moment is the fact that MS dont use You Tube to directly stream like PS does. Xbox use Twitch, Yes I am aware that I can stream via the Xbox and PC via Elgato box or card but I have problems doing that so just use said console. Its a pain in the arse to be honest.

Hentis

• Like Like x 3
  36. Observadorpt

Yes, sad that only option, and making videos is only mp4 not the other format ps5 allow to updload.

37. WipEout_F7200#3763

WipEout_F7200#3763 Member

Sorry if someone said already...
    I heard the only way you get refunds is if the content is broken or doesn't work as intended

38. bakedpotatos.jm

bakedpotatos.jm Well-Known Member

Another thing is that the memory expansions are almost the same price for new console if you for a 1TB.

Thats a downer for Xbox users too.

• Like Like x 2
  39. SHINO BAZ

I'm glad there's another train sim option coming later this month,even if isn't exactly like tsw or totally perfect i'm tired of wasting money on a broken game.That never gets fixed correctly no matter how many time dtg tries.Sometime you just have to know when to give up on a lost cause.

• Like Like x 3
  40. Observadorpt

I was searching for an expansion card for xbox series x 2tb but when i saw the price €499 give up. Im gonna get the 1tb €245 and be happy with that.

41. nepclassof84

nepclassof84 Well-Known Member

Very disappointed and frustrated

• Like Like x 2
  42. Boda09

Boda09 Member

Not having all dlc on day 1 is not the big problem! But not having the add-on manager is... Even if the routes were all available on the 6th i cannot install them all without the add-on manager because of the 64gb limit... That is a 1 year old problem... That is a game breaker... Just very sad...

• Like Like x 1
  43. SHINO BAZ

Your statement might just become the best tag line for TSW3. (Things already are heading that way,reading between the lines).

• Like Like x 2
  44. erg73

erg73 Well-Known Member

Not having all the DLC available on day one for TSW 3 is not going to change my life at all. If there are any routes I want to play, especially those with preservation crew updates, I'll play them in TSW 2. As TSW3 versions are released I'll delete the TSW2 ones, so the space occupied on my ps5 will be pretty much the same.

On the other hand, I've ordered the standard edition and I don't care if I don't have SOS until the 6th, in these 4 days I think I have enough with the 3 routes + training center, I don't think I'll have time for much more.

Everyone can take things as they want, of course. But I see a lot of drama in this thread. 21st century problems, I guess.

• Like Like x 13
  45. TimTri

TimTri Well-Known Member

Why do you seemingly have an issue with the fact that 8th gen is getting the full experience? As long as the performance is satisfactory, there’s no need to artificially remove content just to boost the value of newer consoles. We’re paying the same money for each route after all, and already have to put up with less services on many other routes (HMA, BML).

• Like Like x 5
  46. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Play has some very serious limits!!!

• Like Like x 1
  47. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

I'm so glad I rarely touch my PS4 anymore, what a mess...

• Like Like x 1
  48. junior hornet

There is no change in my approach to not buying this game when it is not possible for me to complete a service.

• Like Like x 1
  49. redrev1917

watched the first 30 minutes of the stream, what a mess so glad Ive refunded.

NPCs dressed in suits with baseball caps on - seriously?
    White flashes in tunnels - yeah theyve fixed the tunnel entrance but in the long tunnel it was an eplitics nightmare.

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  50. Deivid

Deivid New Member

My question is that they will launch at least 1 route of the preserved collection on September 6 for ps5