Close To Release But Still No Streams?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Trainiac, Aug 29, 2022.

1. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Have now cancelled my pre-order (Steam permitting). Not happy about the answer I got from JD in the in the "What You Need To Know" thread about the save game. None of my specific questions addressed and I have a sixth sense it is not going to get fixed any time soon. Reading between the lines of the actual release article also getting the impression this has all been cobbled together and has every chance of being a complete clusterbomb - issues with Sony, Day 1 patches planned already.

Time to just sit on the money and quietly wait and see how things progress over the next few weeks and months. Back to Plan A of buying at Christmas or Easter in a sale.

• Like Like x 4
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. Scorpion71

Scorpion71 Well-Known Member

In the past I've dived straight in but not this time and nor shall I until I've seen many reviews and gameplay video's, also how they go about on promises of fixes, AI steam chuffs for example.

There will be bugs on release of TSW3 and I want to see how quickly (or rather slowly) these are fixed when it's put on their, ahem, list and how quick the promised fixes of problems from TSW2 are actually fixed.

Many improvements required from DTG before my wallet is open, times are getting hard and I can't afford to splash out on unfinished products

Last edited: Sep 1, 2022
    • Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. trainsimcz

trainsimcz Well-Known Member

As i can see people never learned. Who knows maybe TSW 4 will bring new feature: SAVE GAME :D and then there will be Q/A stream with questions:
    Q: why save game is not fixed in TSW 3 ?
    A: too much core works, difficult to fix it there for now
    Q: why is it so difficult if TSW 4 is based on TSW 3 core ? Isnt that basically the same game with added extra classes ?
    A: yes, thats why is the game compatible with older routes
    Q: so what was the problem to fixing it in TSW 3 ?
    A: ... couple seconds silence ... (but in their mind: $$$)
    Q: does that mean that we are forced to buy TSW 4 to have save game option ?
    A: no, we are not forcing anybody to buy it, buying TSW 4 is completely optional, TSW 3 will still work
    Q: so we can expect save fix and new DLCs for TSW 3 too ?
    A: no, new routes will come only to TSW 4
    Q: and what about promised fixed save feature for TSW 3 ?
    A: we dont have answer for that yet
    Q: does that mean its not coming ?
    A: our team is working on solution
    Q: but its fixed in TSW 4 so you found the solution
    A: yes, but its completely separate game and we dont have solution for TSW 3 yet

• Like Like x 11
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  4. Scorpion71

Scorpion71 Well-Known Member

I bet with your skills with your excellent past work and current work on an editor, you'd have the Save Game bug crushed in no time

• Like Like x 2
  5. tsw2

tsw2 Well-Known Member

I trust a fix for TSW only if it's released and on my hard drive. Until then I have to assume the fix will never happen

6. tsw2

tsw2 Well-Known Member

A patch for SOS introduced big buffer and Derailment issue in all TSW2 routes and now this most likely never gets fixed and maybe these TSW2. Routes and locos are still having this issue in TSW3
    Did they talk about this?

7. NateDogg7a

NateDogg7a Well-Known Member

There was a post from JD sometime in the last day or so, indicated that the derail issue does not seem to be prevalent in the TSW3-only routes. No word on if the TSW2 routes in TSW3 have the same issue as they do in TSW2, but I would expect that they probably do.

• Like Like x 3
  8. trainsimcz

trainsimcz Well-Known Member

Editor is not only my work, im working with Will and he did all that crazy scripting in the editor (for example my timetable editor looked similar like formation editor, just data asset file and he did amazing work with graph to make it looks like DTGs one which is more user friendly then my version).

• Like Like x 1
  9. matt#4801

matt#4801 Well-Known Member

Yeah the 66 is still on top. No questions about that!