Recent Passenger Behaviour

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by CrAzZyKiLLa, Jul 24, 2022.

Tags:
  1. Agent Llama

Agent Llama Member

Playing HRR today and had every passenger exit the train when I open the doors at the start of service using the 101 and the 423/425. The train is then empty bar one passenger for the rest of the run. Empty platforms everywhere upon arrival so no-one ever gets on.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2022
  2. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

No that's those new fangled levitating shoes from the future!

Hentis

3. tsw2

tsw2 Well-Known Member

God, the lighting in TSW2 is actually ridiculously terrible... awful.

• Like Like x 1
  4. torfmeister

torfmeister Guest

My cousin was a tram driver in Karlsruhe. Recalling his experiences, he said that's pretty realistic. :o:D

• Like Like x 2
  5. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

I have to wonder what this might have looked like from an exterior view -- how far did the corpse fly and where did it land?

6. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

There is really no excuse for that. Sloppy pathing of the passenger movement. If the train company(ies) saw that sort of thing, DTG might find more than a few licences getting pulled.

• Like Like x 7
  7. gazz292

gazz292 Well-Known Member

i remember on the TS20xx forums a while back people getting told off for posting videos of things like the level crossing barriers not lowering as their train went past, and using a real train companies name in the title,
    as they could get in trouble as there will be some people outside the train sim scene who will get to see that video who believe it's real life and not a video game and start going to the papers with it etc.

kinda like when someone recorded themselves jumping between planes in GTA5, making out they were saving a plane who's pilot had died or something,
    half the comments were' thank god that brave man did that and saved all those passengers'
    yes, some people honestly thought it was real life footage they were watching.

8. Conductor B

Conductor B Well-Known Member

Ok, seriously people, you need to get a room!

Get_A_Room2.png

What's really disturbing is that this is on an ECS move. They were there all night!
    :o

• Like Like x 12
  9. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

Well I would like to walk in on this. 12 car train, not a single person on it when I've travelled from Brighton to Gatwick

upload_2022-8-17_14-52-40.png

10. Kitten

Kitten Active Member

There was no object collision per se, the passenger just disappear after the body entered the train on "impact". Same thing with the passengers walking on the track, then just disappear. Something is off with the pathing or conditions. But knowing these issues will continue in TSW3 doesn't make me want to buy it in any hurry.

11. gazz292

gazz292 Well-Known Member

yet the passengers can get in the way of and move the view of the outside cameras

12. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 2
  13. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

Tried the stormy Isle of Wight scenario, reached the tree in the line and was told to go back to previous station to let passengers off. Might as well have waited for someone to cut tree as no one was on the train.

• Like Like x 5
  14. OldVern

I did a run on Cathcart Circle out to Neilston yesterday evening. Stopping at the stations on the Neilston line itself, loads of passengers stood on the platform without attempting to board my train. It’s not as if there are trains to other destinations from that platform and the next train behind me half an hour later goes to exactly the same place.

Perhaps they took one glance at who was driving and decided I had an ill favoured look about me…

• Like Like x 3
  15. Princess Entrapta

Princess Entrapta Well-Known Member

It's definitely somewhat immersion breaking and just generally disconcerting to bring a train into service, pull up at the platform to load passengers, and see dozens of people getting off the train, then drive the entire service with a completely empty train.

• Like Like x 7
  16. tsw2

tsw2 Well-Known Member

Is the empty train thing fixed In TSW3?

17. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

I doubt it. They haven't mentioned touching the passenger system, and this is a known issue with the rush hour passenger system

• Like Like x 3
  18. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

The odd behavior of passengers is one of the principal immersion killers for me on routes like BML and Harlem. It's so distracting. You would think that the development of TSW3 would have been a golden opportunity to really crack this problem.

But, unfortunately, in the nearly 12 months they took to develop TSW3, this was not one of the areas DTG chose to focus on.

Much of my time is spent driving freight, which fortunately allows me to temporarily ignore the passenger problem.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2022
    • Like Like x 4
  19. Yainderidoo

Yainderidoo New Member

I like TSW2 a lot but I don't like the passengers at all....they look like zombies to me. It takes a lot of the fun OUT of the Sim when watching those creatures....better stay in the cab as much as possible.

• Like Like x 2
  20. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

The passenger routine has to be programmed to somehow "read" the PIS subroutine and act accordingly. The game knows when trains are arriving and departing and at what platforms- but it needs to get that information across to the passenzombies

21. juliplus#6089

juliplus#6089 Active Member

I dont need any rush hour bullshit or anything else
    I just want passengers who are able to board the Train and wont leave the train at the beginning or any village
    I think this arent very high expectations so why is it not working :/

• Like Like x 2
  22. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

Most annoying is passengers riding happily to a depot to be parked there in their train.Other strange behaviour probably can be attributed to the country where the route is and may well be realistic.:(

23. OldVern

And another one this evening.

NTP loco hauled Leeds to Man Vic. 1850 in the evening - not a single passenger waiting on the platform at Huddersfield, but everyone on board my train alighted.

• Like Like x 1
  24. IsambardKingdomBrunel

IsambardKingdomBrunel Well-Known Member

Everyone luuuuuuuvs Huddersfield, they do not want to leave.

• Like Like x 2
  25. OldVern

Not even the famous cats were on the platform. Though probably 25 years too early for Felix and 30 for Bolt!

• Like Like x 1
  26. Quentin

Quentin Well-Known Member

No churns, no porter, no cat on a seat
    At Chorlton-cum-Hardy or Chester-le-Street
    We won't be meeting again
    On the Slow Train.

27. Agent Llama

Agent Llama Member

I did a bit of investigating on HRR; at Styrum station, the passengers are stuck at the spawn point - it's a dead-end in the subway beneath the platforms. They do spawn, it's just they can't get out. I can't see anything about TSW3 fixing the passenger issues so until then I can't see myself picking it up.

• Like Like x 2
  28. davidh0501

davidh0501 Well-Known Member

Perhaps they are working on the Halloween scenarios where you get to play passenger skittles...

29. arek#2842

arek#2842 Well-Known Member

When they get out of the train on that station they are also get stuck as they would jump into wet concrete. But HRR is not that bad. I was running one scenario on NTP few days ago and there, on the small stations between Manchester and Huddersfield there was literally ONE passenger on a platform - and he or she still wouldn't want to board mine 101. Mine comletely empty 101 :)
    Man, if Pres Crew are planning to deliver such "upgrades" then they can leave those old routes, which they still haven't had chance to messed up, as they are now, as far as I'm concerned. What a failure these guys are...

• Like Like x 1
  30. gogglesguy

gogglesguy Well-Known Member

Rather hilarious and somewhat creepy. The one time you want them all to disembark the train, they all stay put.

31. tsw2

tsw2 Well-Known Member

Seems still broken in TSW3

32. Redbus

Redbus Well-Known Member

Passenger improvements were never announced for TSW3.
    « If it ain’t leaked on the stream… » yada yada (unlike last night’s Big Boy slip) ;)

33. tsw2

tsw2 Well-Known Member

The system is broken, so it's really not about improvements but making it work in the first place

No passengers in your train
    They all exit on the first stop
    Platforms being basically empty although a train arrives shortly
    They walk around aimless like zombies

Last edited: Sep 2, 2022
    • Like Like x 3
  34. Agent Llama

Agent Llama Member

I don't remember the HRR passengers being so broken prior to the pres crew update. I finally downloaded the BR101 (what a beast!) - but every time I run it, everyone bar one passenger disembarks when I begin the service. It's totally immersion-breaking, and not helped by the main stations on the line being bereft of passengers.

• Like Like x 3
  35. tsw2

tsw2 Well-Known Member

Basically all runs are with empty trains.
    I wish this was fixed in TSW3

Nothing except the odd zombie rush on a station is "Rush hour" about that

• Like Like x 4
  36. GrigoriRasputin

GrigoriRasputin Member

What's the point of playing with passenger trains if the passengers waiting on the platforms don't get on and you drive an empty train around? Sheesh.

• Like Like x 2
  37. hiromaru

hiromaru Active Member

I want a renewed series of passenger bugs.
    ...and jumping up into the sky.
    ...suddenly standing on the tracks.
    ...feet sticking out of the overpass.
    The garage is full of passengers for some reason.
    Passengers walking around the edge of the station platform.
    Passengers frozen on the platform and not moving.

• Like Like x 2
  38. Crosstie

I noticed the same NPC problem on Trenton as I've seen on Boston for the past couple of years.

It's winter, snowing very heavily, a blizzard really, and passengers are strolling the platforms in spring or summer clothing.

A small thing, I suppose, but it doesn't help immersion.

More to the point, why is it still an issue after 5+ years of development?

• Like Like x 3
  39. goochdog#5870

goochdog#5870 Well-Known Member

I had three head’s floating about a few inches off the platform by the door on Boston . Scary

Last edited: Mar 4, 2023
  40. max#2873

max#2873 Well-Known Member

I refunded NYT because of passengers issue just after first deserted station... no passangers, no reason to drive, bye bye addon. This problem was highlighted almost year ago and is still pushed aside by DTG.

• Like Like x 3
  41. Crosstie

We were assured by MP during the preview stream that Rush Hour passengers were " turned on ".

To be fair, I did see a reasonable number of passengers on the platforms at Trenton, Hamilton and Princeton Jnct. After that though, not many.

And the train I was driving was largely empty. This was around 1700, so.....

Last edited: Mar 7, 2023
  42. meridian#2659

meridian#2659 Well-Known Member

Since tsw3 the passenger system is entirely broken, and dtg keeps sugarcoating this in my opinion immersion braking issue.

My first route after tsw3 upgrade was bakerloo, and i noticed the entire empty trains (during evening rushhour london?). Sometimes after loading a route a full train arrives and all passengers get out (wasnt a final destination).

The rush hour passenger system was a really good thing got introduced, so this should get adressed. Its so obvious that is broken on all tsw3 routes.

Compare tsw2 riesa dresden to tsw3 riesa dresden, or bakerloo. Its noticeable in the first moment. During rush hour only a few passengers enter train, also they seem to spawn way too late. The platforms are mostly empy when arriving on a station. Only if you stay on the place they seem to became more.

Dtg, do your job and fix this mess.

• Like Like x 3
  43. erg73

erg73 Well-Known Member

This thread is dated July 2022. I think it's a good reminder that eight months later and with the release of a new version of the game, seven routes and six dlc, everything remains exactly the same as far as passengers are concerned.

• Like Like x 7
  44. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

Yeah... I just got TSW3 2 months ago, so all of these passenger issues like them walking onto the tracks, falling off stairs and overpasses, were new to me. Ithough it must have been a recently introduced series of bugs. Looks like it has been a problem since the launch of TSW3...

Now passengers were never the brightest in TSW, but at least before TSW3 they didn't get stuck after getting off the train, they didn't keep walking onto the tracks and they didn't clip through walls to fall of overpasses. Somehow TSW3 made passengers even worse.

45. ARuscoe

Erm... Yeah they did
    The passenger system's been an issue since the release of TSW (no numbers)
    If I remember correctly one of the things Adam's team did when bringing routes from TSW(1/2020) up to TSW2 was to redo the passenger pathing because there were a load of places where either passengers didn't appear quick enough or would walk straight onto the rails
    And of course the whole "superman passenger" thing where passengers would just shoot straight up into the air and get stuck under station roofs.

I think the passenger system is a "core" system (ie game core not necessarily tied to the DLC) and they do updates infrequently

46. yardem

yardem Well-Known Member

Some things have made me think that DTG has only one developer in their team. They might have more people doing artwork, models, etc, but only one person who knows the core code, hence the one issue track: now that this person has completed work on the Addons Manager, it's time for moving on to something else, maybe this passenger issue. Or maybe return to the red lights issues, because that last fix only went so far.

• Like Like x 1
  47. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

It probably is a licensing issue. I really think most train companies hate passengers, even though they cannot afford to say so loudly. They only tolerate them because they need some cash to play around with the trains. Keep in mind passengers complain, they prevent you from driving according to the timetable, they force you to stop at the stations, they make your toilets dirty and so on.So that's why it is working in this way. In TSW you can drive off a bunch of passengers to a depot and they will not complain, all dreams become true. I assume you can imagine the other benefits from the TSW passenger behavour for yourself. So please stop complaining, passengers work as designed and it is perfect.

48. Dinosbacsi

Sure, as I said, it always had issues, but not as many as in TSW3. For example, before TSW3 I have never seen passenger getting stuck at doors after getting off, or walking onto the tracks from the opposite side at boarding on older routes like RSN or LIRR. In TSW3, it happens frequently.

• Like Like x 2
  49. Dinosbacsi

This idea has crossed my mind as well. Their core development team must be very, very small and probably not experienced enough in UE either, hence the game being full with core issues that take ages to get fixed.

• Like Like x 2
  50. ARuscoe

And I disagree that it's not as many. The original passenger system was as bugged if not more so than "rush hour" passengers we have now including what I listed above.
    It used to happen frequently, maybe not on those routes but certainly on others