Train Sim World 3 - What You Need To Know

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG JD, Sep 1, 2022.

1. elaineedwards2013

elaineedwards2013 Well-Known Member

:):)
    [​IMG]

Old thread post: “ I am excited for the Steam railtours on Southeastern High Speed - Extended. I hope the engine for those railtours will only be Jubilee 45596 Bahamas, as shown in the picture above.”

Edit: My wish has come true, as it has been announced in the livestream that the locomotive will be the same. It will only be 45596 Bahamas hauling the railtours.:)

• Like Like x 5
  2. souleymane#2785

souleymane#2785 Well-Known Member

Excuse me, but compared to the db br 420 for Hauptstrecke München it is not expected to be released. since the previous roadmap was announced at the same time as the new services of the bakerloo line but reading there is only the bakerloo line and the new services that will be released tomorrow ?

3. kobo

kobo Active Member

i've been a lurker here for a long time, only posting when i feel i need to. But i've gotten really fed up with the toxicity this forum has been spewing for the last few weeks. I fully expect to be further bashed and screamed at, as that seems to be the only thing users here know how to do. so why am i even posting if i expect to be yelled at for having the audacity to say i have loved this game and nothing has changed my mind?

Because with all the comments and articles regarding this game, as well as the info we do and don't know, i have never had any reason to distrust DTG. I've never had a crash for any reason. I play the routes I'm most interested in and those routes have never given me trouble. The save game is a non issue for me, since i never use it. I have the luxury (i feel i have to say that with the bashing the save game gets) to have enough free time to be able to play a service from start to end without having to stop midway. and the latest news about the preserved collection being delayed doesn't bother me either. I'll have more than plenty to do with what we have until those routes get released. I have had a very positive experience with DTG and Train sim World, nothing they have ever done has changed my mind. If you trolls want to bash me and give me heat for saying that, by all means. I really couldn't care less what you crybabies have to say.

i'm also cancelling my stream for this game. i'm not wasting my time dealing with trolls while i try to enjoy myself over the weekend with this fantastic game. I will enjoy the children screaming their heads off for no reason while i have fun with TSW3 tomorrow. Good night.

• Like Like x 24
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  4. Gilly

Gilly Well-Known Member

Planning is the word that springs to mind, my mind obviously, not anyone at DTG.

• Like Like x 1
  5. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

Biggest takeaway I've got is that despite buying SoS at full price I wouldnt be able to fully enjoy SEHS and the rail tour until Tuesday even if I'd brought the standard package. But some one who's never brought any TSW2 content can. Loyalty counts for Jack all

• Like Like x 5
  6. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

I do have a 2 tb ssd drive for the PS5 and 1 1 TB for the series S. (i bought them with my redundancy money back in November lol).

Hentis

• Like Like x 1
  7. OnlyMe1909

OnlyMe1909 Well-Known Member

I only just now found out about the previous DLC's not being available on Playstation at launch, as was promised earlier. To say I'm absolutely gutted, furstrated and disapointed is an understatement. That this crushing news is only revealed the evening before early access, is something I don't understand... This is so messed up...
    Sigh...
    Anyway, I'm not buying TSW3 untill all my DLC is available. Looks like I'll be playing TSW2 for a couple of months longer. :(

I know this is not DTG's fault, but I hope they'll make our feelings clear to Sony. Something like this can not happen again

8. juliplus#6089

juliplus#6089 Active Member

Stop being a jerk

• Like Like x 9
  9. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

I have never seen such whingeing and moaning about four stinking days as I have on here about the early access nonsense.

• Like Like x 18
  10. Yerolo

Yerolo Well-Known Member

Look....the PS5 staggered DLC release is unfortunate, but get a grip people. This is a situation which was only confirmed to them via Sony this morning and they prompty advised customers via this DTL article. Cut DTG some slack OK? Im sure they did everything in their powers to not have this happen but some things in life are outside of your direct control

There is nothing stopping you from keeping TSW2 installed and dynamically uninstalling DLC as they are released into TSW3....it is not the end of the world (far from it)

Disclaimer: This is not aimed at everybody in here, just the vocal minority (You know who you are)

• Like Like x 17
  11. cloudyskies21

cloudyskies21 Well-Known Member

Any news on the Hamburg timetable update would be appreciated - or at least confirm it's still happening? Thanks.

12. TimTri

TimTri Well-Known Member

Just wanted to say that I’ve been really impressed by the stream and thus pre-ordered the game. :D

Getting a look at all the new routes as well as confirmation of 8th gen limitations is what I was waiting for. And we got lots of info on all of that!

• Like Like x 6
  13. Tigert1966

Tigert1966 Well-Known Member

Didn’t get the chance to watch all of the stream, but I’m happy with what I saw.

For information I was able to cancel my pre order with Sony. I don’t know if they apply the same rules everywhere, but my PS5 has apparently preloaded the game and I should not try to open it. (I can’t, I’m on holiday anyway).

These Sony issues are getting Tiresome and it’s finally convinced me to switch to XBox. So I I’ve done a new pre order for that. I’ll just have to live with having a long wait to repurchase my German DLC when a sale finally comes around. I’ll still be able to play TSW2 on PlayStation so no worries there.

Anyway, if you did have a PlayStation pre order and was as disappointed as me, it’s worth trying the refund if you really want to. For me it was quick and easy- 2 hours from my initial request.

14. WipEout_F7200#3763

WipEout_F7200#3763 Member

I caught the end of it. Manage to get an answer for the profile transfer thing.

Funny enough afterwards I deleted the PS4 version and made sure the PS5 version was installed... All I gotta do now is sleep untill the final countdown

15. bakedpotatos.jm

bakedpotatos.jm Well-Known Member

So wait is this because of the DLC limit. So PS users are basically going to get up to 64GB DLC per week?

Just had this thought.

16. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

his view point counts equally as much as yours or mine even if it disagrees with ours. Stop being a jerk

• Like Like x 5
  17. DTG Matt

DTG Matt Executive Producer Staff Member

No I think it's purely a logistical thing from their side about actually publishing that much content in one hit, unrelated to the 64gb thing.

Matt.

• Like Like x 6
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  18. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

I would really like someone at DTG to show me how to play Cajon Pass and other lengthy routes in TSW3 without a save game feature.

I'm sure you are aware that I'm not a teenager who can sit in front of a screen for 3 hours nonstop, while his Mom cooks and cleans for him. ;)

Last edited: Sep 2, 2022
    • Like Like x 9
  19. bakedpotatos.jm

I use pause.

• Like Like x 4
  20. nockwurst

nockwurst Well-Known Member

Absolute madness, and flies in the face of everything your customers are clamouring for. It’s like DTG have put their fingers in their ears and are pretending they can’t hear us.

• Like Like x 1
  21. WipEout_F7200#3763

I use sleep!

Well pause and then rest mode... Very rare I save unless I know I'm gonna fail.

• Like Like x 1
  22. nockwurst

nockwurst Well-Known Member

Stubborn intransigence sums it up perfectly.

23. arek#2842

arek#2842 Well-Known Member

It's quite easy actually: you have to finish it at one session or not even bother to start one over.

• Like Like x 1
  24. bakedpotatos.jm

I've noticed with the Series X, even though quick resume doesnt work with TSW, to pause and do whatever else I need to do and the Xbox of course turns off.

But if I turn it back on and hit the last game played it puts me back where I paused.

Even if I don't touch it for 5 days.

#lifehack

• Like Like x 1
  25. WipEout_F7200#3763

While not the same, on PS5 (and PS4) you can do something similar if you hit the rest mode.
    Also if you decide to watch Netflix, Disney plus or whatever your game will suspend and you can resume to where you paused the game

Also while not many games use it, there are some games like astro bot on PS5 that instantly return you to the game even after you closed it.

• Like Like x 1
  26. WVUadam

WVUadam Well-Known Member

Because that's how technology and a better system works. You have version A and then a version B. Just look at London to Brighton as a prime example. Not sure why your trying to single me out as a villain.

27. arek#2842

arek#2842 Well-Known Member

I'm wondering, what's the feeling to onw a powerplant guys? ;)
    But seriously, you know that PS4 being in rest mode uses just few watts less than when being fully operational? (not sure how it is with XBOX, but probably the similar with PS5).
    We need a stable, working save game feature if we want to save our progress to come back to it and continue later on.

• Like Like x 1
  28. WVUadam

WVUadam Well-Known Member

Enjoy playing TSW3

29. pveezy

pveezy Well-Known Member

All these limits (DLC install limit, DLC release limit, trophy limits) are moronic decisions at Sony so it’s hard to blame DTG here. And how ironic that Sony’s motto is “play has no limits”.

Kind of regret going PS5 route but with like $300 worth of DLC since the PS4 TSW1 era I can’t go back now.

30. JustWentSouth

JustWentSouth Well-Known Member

I very much enjoyed the format of tonight’s stream with the pre-recorded content and the carefully selected services. Stringing 3 different services across SEHS was brilliant.

I was glad to hear that the distance counter works in the ES44C4; I would like to have seen a downhill segment on Cajon to get a feel for the braking physics. It’s also nice to have the UP AI traffic. Thanks for the updated SKW segment showing the tunnel lighting fix.

I was quite impressed with the new skybox and the updated SEHS timetable with 581 services. I anticipate lots of game play on SKW and SEHS, especially when the layers come in.

Would it be possible to get a list of what routes and locos we need to have downloaded in TSW3 to have all the available layers activated in the 3 TSW3 routes?

Thanks for a good show! This should be the format for all future preview streams.

• Like Like x 4
  31. simontreanor81

simontreanor81 Well-Known Member

OK this isn't as bad as I'd feared. One a week would take half a year!

Please prioritise the addons that layer into the TSW3 routes (I want my HS1 TGVs! :)). For the rest we can just keep TSW2 installed.

32. simontreanor81

Btw any details on the preservation crew updates or is that to come?

*fingers crossed for IC and ICE services on RRO*

33. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

Let’s just cast our minds back to the release of TSW2. Every TSW1 route had to be reworked by the preservation crew to allow it to be released onto TSW2. It took several months. We are being spoiled by the release of all TSW2 routes on day 1 for Xbox and PC. While it is frustrating for Playstation users, it’s not really that bad in the grand scheme of things.

• Like Like x 4
  34. BeastyBill88

BeastyBill88 Well-Known Member

DTG JD or TrainSim-Matt you said in the Stream and in the article that the remaining preserved crew updates will come to TSW3 on launch day and that the TSW2 versions will come after launch when they've been tested, my question is do you have a time frame for when they will be released for TSW2?

• Like Like x 1
  35. kolesnikvictor

kolesnikvictor Active Member

You made a great job with TSW3, DTG. But I'm very concerned about game saving feature. I really don't want to run on Cajon pass for 5 hours and get a SPAD due to positioning of stop marker very close to red light. I don't have much time very often for full run long services and I need to use savings. It's very disappointing to know that you decided to remove this feature from tsw3. At this time it's holding me from purchasing.

• Like Like x 3
  36. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

Shop around; Amazon UK were selling 2TB WD Black SN850 with heatsink for £230 for ages. It's back up to £340 at the moment, but it might drop again.

37. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

It is not always practical to leave the PC on sleep mode, especially coming into the days of mega expensive energy when we will be paying £0.50 a kilowatt, every watt saved is going to help. And on the other matter it is not good for your eyesight to spend prolonged periods in front of a monitor, especially in a sim where you close focusing on the centre of the screen. So it really is imperative we get the save game implemented one way or another. This is not GTA where the missions are timed to last 20 or 30 minutes, we are looking at runs up to 3 hours on Cajon Pass or go back to the earlier Cane Creek or Clinchfield even.

Sort it out, DTG.

• Like Like x 2
  38. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

The services are a bit like they are on Sherman Hill. They are split into two or three along the way. So you can do a part service then come back at somepoint to part 2 and or 3 of the run.

Hentis

• Like Like x 1
  39. DTG JD

DTG JD Director of Community Staff Member

Not at this stage, no. They need to be tested on TSW2 first, so it won't be 'immediate'. We'll update on future Roadmaps.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  40. DTG JD

When we have a confirmed schedule, we'll let you know. My understanding is that there will be *some* with the release on the 6th, but we need to work out with Sony what is possible.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  41. simontreanor81

DB101 would be another to prioritise, as that's a layer in Kassel - Wurzburg.

42. Observadorpt

Observadorpt Active Member

Hi

Where is the option to disable motion blur? take out again?

43. BeastyBill88

BeastyBill88 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the reply, hopefully they won't be forgotten about or take too long before releasing to TSW2, especially since they was originally intended for that game.

44. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

Take your own advice and don't be on the forums then if you don't like that people may not agree with you. Nobody is forcing you to be here. Welcome to planet earth where disagreements are part of life

It's funny that some people will complain about complaining and yet they do the exact same thing when some don't agree but not taking their own advice. It's kinda hypocritical to be honest.

• Like Like x 4
  45. dr1980

dr1980 Member

This really grabbed my attention too and I'm eager to see what the updates are, particularly with the Oakville Sub (please let it include the addition of Commuter Rail services!)

46. DTG JD

Added to the list of Pres Crew updates in the article.

Hamburg-Lübeck - update of existing timetable, taking total services to 220 if you own Köln-Aachen ICE 3M, DB BR 101 and DB BR 363.

• Like Like x 8
  47. YASUKE

YASUKE Active Member

Zero crashes on PS5.

48. simontreanor81

That would require entirely new rolling stock which is outside of the remit of the Preservation crew

49. Thelonius16

Thelonius16 Well-Known Member

At one point they mentioned creating new services with the Caltrain stock to allow people to use repaints. Not sure what happened with that though.

• Like Like x 1
  50. Choo choo

Choo choo Well-Known Member

Can you still get pre-access to the game (and therefore be able to play it now) if you pre-order it now? Or would I have to wait until Tuesday then ? :)