Don't Tell Me Tsw3 Sehs Diesel Railtours Are Gone?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Purno, Sep 2, 2022.

1. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

From the stream, it really looks like all the good old BR Blue diesel locos that are available for TSW2 SEHS railtours are no longer available. Please don't tell me they're gone in TSW3?

upload_2022-9-2_9-47-20.png

• Like Like x 5
  2. Luke8899

Luke8899 Well-Known Member

They are gone, Matt addressed it in the stream.

As I recall they only went into the original route last minute, without being based on any real life equivalent, so seems they have been overlooked this time around.

Matt did also say they would have a look at what could be done about this.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Yerolo

Yerolo Well-Known Member

Hmm that's unfortunate....seems as though the Jubiliee rail tour and TGV tests has replaced the Medway Rail Tour

• Like Like x 2
  4. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

Ahhh, they've removed the additional content from older DLC that loads of people will already have and replaced it with content from newer and less popular DLC, that many people are yet to buy. Interesting...

• Like Like x 7
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  5. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

That's very sad to hear.

How can you overlook something like this? They made the TSW2 Timetable, sure they can see what services are in there?

That doesn't sound too hopeful.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

The Jubilee rail tour and TGV test are welcome additions in my opinion, but when I say "additions", I mean in addition to what was already there. Now they took something away from us.

Kinda feels like NEC New York - New Rochelle again, albeit a bit smaller in scale. Doesn't bode well for future railtours though. This "update" is a downgrade as far as railtours are concerned, and it makes content bought less valuable.

It also doesn't give much hope for DTGs attempts to improve QA and testing, as the missing railtour services could've been noticed fairly quickly, isn't it?

• Like Like x 6
  7. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

Which wouldn't be a problem if you could substitute that steam loco and use a diesel one instead. That would've been an upgrade.

8. fabristunt

fabristunt Well-Known Member

Ok, got it. Gone and forgotten...

• Like Like x 3
  9. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

That's what I fear indeed. I hope I'm wrong though.

• Like Like x 2
  10. davidh0501

davidh0501 Well-Known Member

All the steam rail tours I've seen in the Uk have a diesel at the rear.
    Surely this should be implemented in the interests of authenticity.

11. MisterV

MisterV Member

Plenty run without a diesel on the back.

12. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Always running out of time. Pft. How? They set the deadlines - not us!!!

• Like Like x 2
  13. DTG Jamie

DTG Jamie Staff Member

Yeah they are no longer there but as said in the stream will be looked into and if we have any updates will let you know, but have got the steam railtours.

• Like Like x 2
  14. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

The diesel tours were actually quite good fun and at least the physics were fairly accurate, unlike the SoS steam locos.

• Like Like x 2
  15. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

Joe pushes the boundaries of what is possible in a timetable and regularly goes above and beyond. But time is finite even for a God like him.

16. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

Really? Just because we have gotten steam railtours we shouldn't be upset about loosing our diesel railtours? That's how DTG sees it?

You removed something that was perfectly fine and people were enjoying it. I don't care if it's because of priorities or because you "overlooked" something pretty obvious. It's gone, and I think we have good reason to be upset about that. Don't try to sweet talk it with steam railtours. They're nice, but should never have come in stead of the railtours that were already there.

And that's not even taking into consideration those people who may not even own Spirit of Steam for whatever reason.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2022
    • Like Like x 6
  17. davidh0501

davidh0501 Well-Known Member

I was told the additional diesels on mainline rail tours was backup and electrical generation for the coaches.
    Could be wrong though.
    Used to that :)

18. 2martens

2martens Well-Known Member

Even Joe is a human and humans make mistakes. It was likely stressful and he probably overlooked it. That can be the case. Adding it back in shouldn't be a big problem. Some people here don't believe that, however, because DTG in the past has said multiple times that they look into something to no effect.

19. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

Im sure they’ll add another service or vehicle substitution. In the mean time enjoy what the new timetable has to offer.

20. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

Yes, humans make mistakes. However, it probably took Joe quite a bit of time to develop its new timetable. And, according to DTGs PR videos, they do share all their WIP internally to gather as much feedback as possible, have taken steps to seriously improve their QA cycle, and have a dedicated beta team providing valuable feedback...

... yet no-one internally asked "what about those diesel railtours that we had?"...

This isn't about Joe making a mistake. This is, again, about DTGs bad QA which allows for obvious things (spotted by community within no-time) to be overlooked. (Unless it was an intentional change, by design, but so far, seeing DTGs replies, it doesn't seem like a design choice).

You can't just say that, unless you have extensive experience making timetables. Assuming Joe did try to get the best out of his timetables, there could be really little room left to fit in another train. It might mess up everything. How can you say adding back in the diesel railtours "shouldn't be a big problem"?

Because even things that have priority, and DTG have committed themselves to, can take years (Bakerloo timetable update). And so far, judging by DTG responses, getting our diesel railtours back, is neither a priority, neither a commitment.

Plus, what's the next thing that gets overlooked during an "update"? What about those railtours on ECW. Will we keep those or will those be gone too in a future "update"?

• Like Like x 2
  21. Deebz__

Deebz__ Well-Known Member

They haven't improved after 10 years. Not a big surprise.

• Like Like x 1
  22. If no tsw2 dlc is currently installed there won't be any rolling stock for railtours.

23. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

Well, at least TSW actually receives updates, that's a major improvement over TSC content which has been bugged for over a decade with no word whatsoever about a fix.

I mean, I gotta give DTG that bit of credit.

24. Luke8899

Luke8899 Well-Known Member

Nobody was telling you to not be upset, they were offering a mitigating factor by way of a consolation, an entirely normal thing to do when someone is faced with a minor inconvenience like this. Your view has been acknowledged within a short time of you giving it, and it has already been said this is being looked into. This indignance is uncalled for.

• Like Like x 2
  25. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

Well, I hoped the missing BR Blue diesels was just because they had only TSW3 Deluxe Edition content installed, but then I spotted the TGV, which is TSW2 preserved content.

Plus, by now, DTG has confirmed the diesel railtours are gone.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  26. Oh I see. That's disappointing.

27. Deebz__

Deebz__ Well-Known Member

All that aside, they still leave a ton of major issues unfixed.

Too bad they are also stooping to a new low with TSW, by selling these mandatory paid updates known as TSW2 and TSW3. Used to be that they'd just update the base game for free, and your single purchase of Train Simulator in 2012 would still allow you to buy a modern route. Now, you need to rebuy the base for potentially a second time if you want access to future routes for TSW.

Some people cope with this new low by saying "well at least we get a route bundle too". What if you don't want the routes though? You'll still need to pay up for them before you can buy what you actually want. I'm sure Dovetail doesn't see any issue with this, since they are the party to benefit from this new low... but as we've seen, a ton of customers strongly object to their practices here.

• Like Like x 2
  28. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

That's a shame. The diesel rail tours were a highlight of the route for me, perhaps the only highlight.
    It beggars belief how something like this could be overlooked through all the layers of testing and review. It's not the first time and won't be the last.

• Like Like x 1
  29. Thelonius16

Thelonius16 Well-Known Member

Another thing to note. The default sort order of the trains is still something like "order of DLC release" with the entirely fictional French train service being the first thing on the list. It seems like "stuff that came with this route" would be an obvious choice for the first-listed train when remaking the UI.

30. SonicScott91

SonicScott91 Well-Known Member

It's not less popular though... Spirit of Steam is the second most popular DLC for TSW behind the original SEHS according to Matt on a previous stream.

31. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

SoS was the 'newer' I was referring to. It was actually LGV that I assumed was the 'less popular' because it's a bit of a one-trick pony (until it got this new trick).

• Like Like x 1
  32. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

Any updates? Any plans to bring back the diesel railtours on SEHS?