Again

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by marcsharp2, Sep 1, 2022.

1. marcsharp2

marcsharp2 Well-Known Member

Before TSW2 was launched we were told many times over that all preserved content would be available on day one. That was a broken promise. When Rush hour was launched we were told and promised that lessons had been learned and there would be no issues. That was a broken promise. Now in the run up to TSW3 we were told that all preserved content would be available on day one. For the third time running that has turned out to be a broken promise. I'm not going to pay for a game for my PS5 and sit and twiddle my thumbs for however many weeks until content I've paid for is available. This for me is a deal breaker and I won't be purchasing TSW3 until all preserved content is transferred over. I don't care if its down to Sony or because someone at DTG messed Up. I'm tired of the excuses. This is the third time. Come back to us when you've sorted it out.

• Like Like x 4
  2. CrAzZyKiLLa

CrAzZyKiLLa Well-Known Member

Wondering when the first post about this would appear...

Yea it sucks for the playstation players. This appears to be a late and uncontrollable issue due to decisions by Sony.

• Like Like x 2
  3. WipEout_F7200#3763

WipEout_F7200#3763 Member

Look on the bright side... At least at launch, there's less chance of hitting the add-on limit on PS5...

• Like Like x 4
  4. Dinger75

Dinger75 Well-Known Member

Did I miss some news? I thought the preserved collection was released Monday as thats the official release day. Has it been delayed

• Like Like x 2
  5. DXR8002

DXR8002 Well-Known Member

Read the latest post by JD and brace yourself.

• Like Like x 1
  6. marcsharp2

Yep. Been delayed apparently due to Sony (Because DTG have never used that excuse before) and for PlayStation users preserved content will be staggered over how many weeks.

7. moofeen#2182

moofeen#2182 Active Member

If they can do it on Xbox why wouldn’t they do it on ps
    It’s Sonys fault not dtg

• Like Like x 1
  8. DXR8002

Because Sony have stricter QA than Microsoft and are obviously sick of DTG spamming the store with broken dlc. For the third time.

• Like Like x 8
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  9. Dinger75

OK all caught up now.

DTG are what I would call in a mucking fuddle.

A total and utter joke of a company.

• Like Like x 6
  10. WipEout_F7200#3763

It might also be that their reposting content most players may already have for free almost... I'm assuming Sony takes a cut of the money made.

11. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

I get the thing about promises, albeit this one is of Sony’s making. However, can I remind you that you bought these DLCs for TSW2 and they are still available for this platform. If you are that desperate to play them, all you need to do is keep your TSW2 installation and you can play them just fine (subject to the Sony imposed DLC limit of course).

• Like Like x 4
  12. TimTri

TimTri Well-Known Member

Yeah, this sucks. Obviously completely out of DTG’s control, they’re probably equally as annoyed by Sony’s behavior as we are.

The big problem for me on PS4 is this: TSW2 with all its DLCs occupies over 110 GB on my console. And unlike on PS5, you can’t individually choose which add-ons to delete or keep. If I want to get rid of a certain DLC, I have to delete the ENTIRE game with ALL add-ons and then individually re-install everything one by one.
    That wouldn’t have been an issue if all preserved content was released on day one. I simply could’ve deleted TSW2 and then immediately installed all the TSW3 versions of the DLCs. Now, I have to delete and re-install TSW2 every week when new preserved content releases for TSW3, or:
    1. If I keep TSW2 installed, I risk running out of storage space due to duplicate DLCs on TSW2 and 3.
    2. If I delete TSW2, I lose access to the DLCs I paid for until they’re released for TSW3.
    My internet is relatively quick, so I guess the weekly delete & install strategy would theoretically be doable. But it would still be a gigantic nonsensical hassle, and I’m sure there are many people with slower internet out there who can’t do it that way.

This is just incredibly messed up and I’m annoyed at Sony for (slightly) ruining the party literally at the last second. I hope we can get a release schedule for the preserved DLCs as soon as possible.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Dinger75

Do you know what, looking at the time frame of when this content might get released, I am going to guess that this is actually a quality assurance check not being done properly (if at all) on the Playstation platforns. In short DTG have not tested the preserved DLCs on the Playstation version of TSW 3 and they failed the checks needed. Instead just saying 'well it worked on TSW2' which really won't cut it for a 'new game' release

The staggered release is actually needed as DTG now have to go though the testing properly. It's the only thing that makes sense and as DTG have provided no context as to why this has happened, so it reeks of them having something to hide

Last edited: Sep 1, 2022
    • Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  14. trainman#2504

trainman#2504 Member

I'm sorry but blaming Sony because Dovetail didn't have their ducks in a row is typical Dovetail. Dovetail had said that they were streamlining all storefronts to offer one DLC package that is compatible with TSW2020, TSW2, and TSW3. Clearly Sony didn't get that memo.

The DLC limit is not just a Sony problem. There are easier solutions than the one Dovetail is currently working on. Dovetail refuse to use the easy option to place all content in the base package, increasing download size for all users. While this sounds bad if you only own a few routes, this would also have allowed them an opportunity to showcase in their game DLC you don't currently own a licence to and perhaps even give you a short trial run of DLC to see if it's what you're interested in and runs appropriately on your given console or hardware. It would have also given them an opportunity to streamline and migrate assets, so it might offer a reduction in size if you own a lot of routes. But they chose the mounting method which has taken a few kicks at the can to get right, and even their current implementation has issues they need to address before they release it. I hope it works out well for them and us.

• Like Like x 4
  15. marcsharp2

Yes... So where is the incentive then to buy TSW3 if all the DLC's aren't available at launch?

16. OnlyMe1909

OnlyMe1909 Well-Known Member

Wait, what?? What’s this all about? Anybody have a link to this message of JD? I don’t see anything in the announcement forum.
    Is this PS5 only, or also PS4?
    Does it say how long it Will take?
    I’m not buying TSW3 before I can get all of my dlc n there

• Like Like x 1
  17. CrAzZyKiLLa

CrAzZyKiLLa Well-Known Member

Was stated in todays 'What you need to know' article: https://live.dovetailgames.com/live/train-sim-world/articles/article/tsw3-what-you-need-to-know

This is for all playstation stores so PS4/PS5. Unfortunatly they said on stream this was something they was only told about today from Sony. They plann to stagger release one a week over the coming weeks, starting with more modern routes which have had updates. More details may follow in the future when they find out from Sony. Unfortunatly this is something out of DTG's hands due to the restrictions placed upon the console stores.

18. OnlyMe1909

OnlyMe1909 Well-Known Member

I hope you’re joking about Sony releasing only one a week… It’ll be months before I,get all my dlc. This is crushing news. I’m seriously pissed off by this

• Like Like x 2
  19. Luke8899

Luke8899 Well-Known Member

It will be multiple routes at once, rather than one at a time. The expected time frame is about a month according to JD.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  20. WipEout_F7200#3763

If you have an external harddrive it's possible to store games on it which saves time in terms of downloading stuff.

Honestly I think not having instant access to all content is refreshing because usually I struggle to choose what stuff to play. Plus I think it would be a good way to manage content a bit better while we wait for the add-on manager or a miracle being Sony removing the cap.

21. shhweeet#4292

shhweeet#4292 Well-Known Member

Ho! ho! ho! Why am I not surprised.

I wonder what SimUK’s take on this is and of course ARusco’s?

I’m pretty sure ARusco and a few others will somehow find some things to defend DTG or Sony on this.

Big shout out to DTG for apparently solving the profile / progress transfer from TSW2 to TSW3 though which I assume means all your gold medals and overall level you gained in TSW2 will now transfer into TSW3. Now THAT is a big deal ( For me anyway )so my sincere thanks to DTG for that. Nice one!

Last edited: Sep 1, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  22. TimTri

TimTri Well-Known Member

For the record, I do have an external SSD! It’s nearly full though… and with all sorts of games getting bigger and bigger, it’s really hard to find ones to “sacrifice”. I basically only have those few games I play regularly installed right now.

A few hours later (and after seeing the amazing new routes during the stream), I’m also not that worried about the staggered preserved collection releases anymore. As you mentioned, it’s going to be a refreshing experience. And it will hopefully allow the routes to launch with less bugs as the other platforms are basically beta-testing them for us ;)

• Like Like x 1
  23. jesseneedsapsn

jesseneedsapsn Member

I have a question based on all this. If we buy TSW3 and play TSW3, can we keep TSW2 on our systems and continue to use TSW2 and it's DLC within TSW2? Or is all that content going to get "removed" from the store area while passes whatever steps it needs to go through to become TSW3 DLC?

24. arek#2842

arek#2842 Well-Known Member

You can still have and use your TSW2, as TSW3 is a new, separate game, hence have absolutely no impact of your TSW2 collection.

25. WipEout_F7200#3763

I think it just means you won't be able to buy tsw2...
    I'd need someone to clarify but I think the TSW2 add-ons will be updated to include tsw2020, 2 and 3 add-ons under one purchase for each dlc... I'm having a guess that when the TSW2 core routes get added to tsw3 it will include tsw2... I might be wrong though.

26. pveezy

pveezy Well-Known Member

Another example of Sony coming up with an inane limitation despite using the motto “Play has no limits”.

• Like Like x 3
  27. imstylinonyabro

imstylinonyabro Active Member

the joke is that its actually tsw2.5, they just put a 3 by accident. don't worry, next time it'll be there day 1, guaranteed.

• Like Like x 1
  28. Birita

Birita Well-Known Member

This is a QA test from sony...DTG might have failed to pass for add on from TSW 2...Sony really Works to make sure everything is going to work as intended....its not a sony issue...its DTG that FAILED to pass certification on some older routes...

• Like Like x 1
  29. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

Evidence please.

• Like Like x 1
  30. Birita

Birita Well-Known Member

Please use your brain.

• Like Like x 2
  31. photonmonkey

photonmonkey Well-Known Member

Rather annoyed as I have before this announcement deleted TSW2 and now I will have to re-install until I can get all my content back on TSW3. I agree with others I don't think Sony would have just told DTG the day before the early access, I think DTG have dropped the ball and Sony is being more stringent with their QA.

My opinion is DTG held this back as would have affected sales, only my opinion of course and I could be very wrong. Still looking forward to trying TSW3 but slightly miffed all the same.

• Like Like x 2
  32. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

You'd have thought by now, they'd have learnt to avoid promising anything and just go with "We're going to launch *a new thing* (possibly a rehash of an old thing), it'll probably be a shitshow like every other time we've released something. Maybe give it a month to settle in. Apologies in advance."

• Like Like x 1
  33. jesseneedsapsn

jesseneedsapsn Member

OK. So I’m still a little confused by how all this is working so I wanted to clarify some thing else. I am only planning on buying the US version for the BNSF route. That means that my SEHS route and SoS route are going to come from my TSW2 collection. But if that collection isn’t available on the 6th will I only have a single route to drive while this is sorted?

Since I have no interest in the German locomotives, I’m not planning on buying the standard edition, so how is that going to work?

34. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

Seems that way, yes. They said there may be other routes available on the 6th, but haven't said which ones.

35. trainman#2504

trainman#2504 Member

Despite them being in this game a long time, they really continue to fail in messaging or ability to deliver what they promise on day one. They seem to lack dialog with their partners and rely on them to go along with whatever their plan is. Hitting DLC and trophy limits would not have been as big an issue, or may have been fixed before it was an issue, had they been more proactive with their partners on finding solutions.

They release creators club mid-cycle which is a fantastic addition that I'm glad they added. Why this wasn't held until TSW3 as a proper selling point is a bit confusing. Instead they add things that I certainly wasn't missing like umbrellas, which look a bit uncanny valley because they're all the same umbrella type being held in the same position regardless if they're a different colour. You know people do share umbrellas right? This is a feature they chose to charge for. I don't understand this company's business decisions most of the time.

• Like Like x 3
  36. SBos

SBos Well-Known Member

Once again let down by DTG and once again they blame Sony. Remember the DLC limit on PS5 well DTG knew months before the PS5 console release this was going to be an issue but missed it because nobody read the information sent to them by Sony. Noticed how he did the so called admin bits at the start of the stream last night but left this latest bombshell until the end.

Once again PlayStation players will suffer and we are supposed to believe they were only told about this yesterday morning and the content manager, promised for TSW2 before the release of TSW3, now not happening and JD gave no information when they expected it to be released. Is it days, weeks or months away.

What we need now is information about what routes will be available and when and exactly when the content manager will be released.

It’s now over a year since the Rushour debacle and we still wait for Rushour passengers on London Commuter. On release of TSW2 we were told the Bakerloo line would have 600 services and we are just about to get them almost 2 years later.

• Like Like x 3
  37. SBos

SBos Well-Known Member

To add to my previous post perhaps DTG will tell us what, if any routes will be available today to download.

• Like Like x 1
  38. arek#2842

I'm sorry guys, but I don't get the point of this thread - what is it about?

Is it about broken promise?
    Well, title of the thread says "Again" so it means it is not the first time DTG has broken a promise, therefore it should rather expected than a surprise.

Is it about TSW2 DLCs will not be available in TSW3 since day one?
    Ok, raise a hand who has pre-ordered TSW3 with two brand new routes + one re-designed just to skip those and play good, old East Coast Way or HRR there.

Is it about liveries?
    Ok, I see that you'll be missing two TGV services on renewed SEHS. What else?

39. DXR8002

Didn't get the memo did you?

40. jesseneedsapsn

jesseneedsapsn Member

For those of us who are buying the country based editions, we need to use our TSW2 routes to make up the rest of the base content. Until DTG tells me otherwise, I am assuming the US Route will only come with the BNSF route at this point. I see no indication that I’ll be able to play my SEHS or my SoS as upgraded versions in TSW3 as it’s technical TSW2 DLC. Those are two very big parts of purchasing the new game, so that’s important information to convey.

41. arek#2842

Ok, then you don't have to purchase it right away on 6th of SEP, right?
    Product has been presented, people have been informed in advance about it's limitations, so they can re-consider them and take it as it is or leave it.
    About SoS and SEHS - it will be available on TSW3 since today, DTG JD confirmed it here: https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/can’t-find-spirit-of-steam.57900/#post-530306

42. jesseneedsapsn

jesseneedsapsn Member

Obviously I don’t have to purchase it right away. But it is a product I’m interested in so I’m curious about it.

The problem with what he’s confirming is he’s confirming it for the standard additions, which come with SEHS and SoS. I am referring to the country based additions that come out on the 6th. Those only come with a single base country route, because you’re meant to use your previously purchased TSW2 routes to make up the rest of that content.

They are now saying that PlayStation won’t have the TSW2 DLC available right away, so there is a point of confusion here.

I am referring to the country based additions that come out on the sixth. Those only come with a single best country route, because you’re meant to use your previously purchased TSW2 routes to make up the rest of that contact.

They are now saying that PlayStation won’t have the TSW2 DLC available right away, so there is a point of confusion here.

Whether or not I want to buy the product on launch day or not isn’t really the issue. They need to be clear with what you’re getting when you purchase the individual country versions. Because things have changed.

43. DXR8002

Get off your high horse. This thread is referring to this issue, which you are clearly not aware of:

Despite discussing and planning the roll-out for 3 months, we’ve been informed by Sony this week that releasing all the routes within the planned and expected timeframe for PlayStation is not possible, so we’ll be operating a staggered release.
    Sony will be releasing the legacy routes weekly, and from our perspective, we’ll be looking to prioritise Train Sim World 2 Core routes, content that has received a significant Preservation Crew update, and recent releases.

44. jesseneedsapsn

jesseneedsapsn Member

High horse? I’m merely asking if the two TSW2 DLC‘s that are part of the TSW3 package will be available at launch? This refers to the three country-based versions that are being released on the 6th. What you posted unfortunately doesn’t answer my question as SEHS and SoS are TSW2 DLC but also base content for TSW3.

What high horse did I get on? I’m asking a question. What is this the CBC comment section on a Trudeau article?

45. arek#2842

46. jesseneedsapsn

jesseneedsapsn Member

Sorry. I was confused. Apologies all. Hopefully we get some news today that starts to clear all this up.

47. arek#2842

No, I'm aware of it, hence I said people were informed about TSW3 limitations.
    Anyway thread seems more like a moaning one that company has broken another promise etc. what's the point of that? Unless you want to unload your frustration about it, then that's fine, I'm not against it, just want to understand what was the point of opening this thread.

I'm not on high horse, not defending DTG here, but come on - you know what you're buying today. Details which TSW2 DLCs will be available and when will be provided later on, as DTG stated, no point to open separate thread for that, just follow the official channels.

48. DTG JD

DTG JD Director of Community Staff Member

Those will be available, yes (SEHS/SoS) - they are one of the pieces of content we've prioritised.

• Like Like x 1
  49. jesseneedsapsn

jesseneedsapsn Member

Much appreciated. Thank you for the prompt response. From what I’ve seen online I’m looking really forward to Tuesday.

50. IfICanDream

IfICanDream Active Member

LOL.

• Like Like x 1