So I Want To Post Something Positive

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by DXR8002, Sep 2, 2022.

1. DXR8002

DXR8002 Well-Known Member

Despite my earlier meltdown and disappointment in the usual DTG vs Sony shenanigans, I have to say after a few hours playing TSW3 the game is phenomenal. The new lighting is a game changer and playing in 4k with VRR enabled the whole thing looks stunning and runs at constant 60fps, in fact under the right conditions I'd say it's one of the best looking games on PS5. The menu is fluid and the fans no longer kick in, overall optimisation is far, far better. Routes load in an instant. The dynamic weather is superb and adds a whole new layer of immersion and gameplay. The sounds are perfect with just the right mix. I'm finding it hard to fault. It may actually be hard to go back to the legacy routes after this.

Props to DTG, well done.

• Like Like x 5
  2. DTG JD

DTG JD Director of Community Staff Member

Thank you, Paul. Understand your frustrations with the Sony situation (we feel it, too). Glad you're enjoying it though!

• Like Like x 2
  3. WipEout_F7200#3763

WipEout_F7200#3763 Member

I've been enjoying the game too on PS5. Explored all of the Training center map and found all the maps.
    I found a way to put one of the trains on a loop which is working towards driving the train for X amount of miles using a custom scenario with a custom skin, once I'm done the platinum trophy will unlock and I'll be able to focus my attention on actually playing the game rather than stressing over trophies that can sometimes take the fun outta the game... (That said though a mastery challenge trophy set list would be cool)
    I'm approaching the add-on limit issue as an opportunity to focus on clearing a set of routes at a time... Probably rambling now, but the short version is I'm enjoying the game.

4. philwest#7393

philwest#7393 Member

I have downloaded TSW 3 along with the three routes and so far I would have to say that some of the fears voiced regarding the game seem to be unjustified, of course I can’t add any of my other routes or DLC’s yet but I’ve got enough to do with the three routes that I do have! Well done DTG!

• Like Like x 1
  5. surreychuff#3060

surreychuff#3060 Active Member

Agreed that it’s really impressive so far; love the updates SEHS, it really is transformational with the scenery updates and lighting… especially how open and vibrant it feels with the new fencing after Stratford, which is a small section of the improvements but makes it feel so much better and more alive.

coiple of glitches but overall a really strong update for the series

6. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Having played the game for a while yesterday, and having posted quite a bit of feedback in the appropriate forum section, I have to say, my initial thoughts on TSW 3 are good. The lighting looks lovely (most of the time) though there are some bleed issues in tunnels on SEHS. PS5 performance on KWG and SEHS seems decent - there are stutters, but I haven’t noticed any significant FPS drops (although the weather, despite being dynamic, remained rather pleasant throughout my time in the game so far).

I’m encouraged by what I’ve seen, I just hope issues reported get dealt with promptly.

• Like Like x 2
  7. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

Two streams in and I'm loving it. If you haven't already try the Lonely road scenario on Kassell Wurtzberg with out the safeties on. its awesome and keeps you on the edge of your seat and I nearly spadded and got a gold (if I recall).

Also spawn on foot at the training centre on the actual day it is (eg 3rd September) from around 1925 in the evening with clear sky setting and Dynamic weather on. Just check the lighting out. Awesome.

Big thanks tot he engineers at DTG for this.

Hentis

• Like Like x 1