Tentative Tsw3

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Yorkshirelad, Aug 5, 2022.

1. Pipe

Pipe Well-Known Member

THIS!

In my books that´s on the brink of blackmailing. And that´s exactly the point where DTG crossed my red line.
    At this point it gives me the shivers when they announce a new patch. A patch like the one that was supposed to fix the SoS issues?
    And messed up the entire sim? You can keep that (only not to use censorable terms here). Hell, I even don´t own SoS. Right now I´d be happy about an update rollback. But that´s impossible on PS4 (AFAIK). :mad:

Last edited: Sep 1, 2022
    • Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. Snek

Snek Well-Known Member

yeah it's a decent deal for many, but what if none of the new routes interest you? Then you're essentially forced to spend money on routes you don't want if you don't want to be completely left behind, without bug fixes, new dlc and updates. It's just not a very cool move. Why aren't they at least selling the TSW3 core with the Training center alone?

• Like Like x 6
  3. Inkar

Inkar Well-Known Member

IMHO they should give the core update for free so everyone can keep getting updates and bugfixes for old content.
    The 3 or 4 route packs are good deals, so most people would buy them anyway.
    DTG could make approximately the same amount of money without leaving anyone behind. They are hurting their own reputation for a small gain.

• Like Like x 9
  4. Class395

Class395 Active Member

It looks like some people keep forgetting that DTG is company and a companies main objective is to make money.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Inkar

Inkar Well-Known Member

Some people keep forgetting we are customers and customers main objective is to get what they paid for.

• Like Like x 16
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  6. Jeannot41

Jeannot41 Well-Known Member

Absolutely!
    And DTG takes a path not correct at all.
    The TSW3 version should be free. This is an update, not a new version.
    I'm going to leave trains aside, and focus on trucks, more serious and less twisted than DTG

• Like Like x 6
  7. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

It won’t be long before DTG announce that no more work will be done to TSW2. There will be an apology stream, a Q&A with tough questions asked and not so tough ones answered, and before long we’ll all forget that TSW2 was even a thing. It may sound defeatist to say this but we might as well get used to that right now. Even if DTG have some intentions of backporting a few future fixes to TSW2 for a while, when it comes to allocating resources and QA time, that will be the first thing to go. I’d look at any future fixes to TSW2 as a brucey bonus. It’ll be just like when TSW2020 was swept under the big DTG rug, the lumpiest rug in Britain at this point.

• Like Like x 12
  8. tsw2

tsw2 Well-Known Member

100%
    TSW2 will be completely dropped in a month or two. We all know this is going to happen.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

I know a number of people have hinted at this, but, given what was on the most recent Roadmap and recent statements on streams and on the forum, do we really think this could happen?

10. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

It wouldn't be surprising to be honest

• Like Like x 2
  11. mbjbjm#7281

mbjbjm#7281 Well-Known Member

You’ve got to understand that there’s a few people on this forum who are fully committed to 100% doom and gloom.

• Like Like x 3
  12. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

I would presume that after the current "we might fix a few problems" there will be NO more work done on TSW2 or it's routes or assets.
    Even 3rd parties have confirmed they stopped working on stuff for TSW2 months ago so all their projects are now TSW3 ones (even ones announced as TSW2 DLC back then)

13. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

Guys and gals!
    My tongue was firmly in my cheek. ;)

14. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

I think it could. I don’t have a very good track record with my predictions, so this isn’t a prediction as such, it’s just they have done this kind of thing in the past.

• Like Like x 1
  15. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix Well-Known Member

i agree also they can't focus on both of them at the same time, and I am sure the team does not want to do that as well. They most likely are going to put all their effort in this new TSW 3 which is a whole new game and work to make this more successful than the previous version. It will also make total sense if you think about it from the business aspect. I also heard something about multiplayer might be added to this later down the road on some german stream from Gamescom but i don't understand german. :D

• Like Like x 1
  16. roysto25

roysto25 Well-Known Member

I fail to understand the obsession with multiplayer - we already know the dispatcher can barely handle current scheduling. For example, what happens if some genius has the idea of stopping his consist on a crossover just outside a station and then goes off to lunch?

• Like Like x 3
  17. Tanglebones

Tanglebones Well-Known Member

No player keystroke or movement for a minute and then AI takes over?

18. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Some station stops are longer than this...
    Maybe no keystrokes following an ebrake for 1 minute... (ie a safety feature has been blown, the DSD/DVD has gone off so nobody's at the controls.

Though this would mean anyone who parks up to take a screen shot of their friends shooting past is likely to foul this rule

19. Inkar

Inkar Well-Known Member

I watched that video with auto-translation to English. Yes, Lukas said that multiplayer could be added but he also said they are not working on it.
    Sam posted just a few days ago that it would be extremely difficult to do it since that basically requires completely redesigning the game as a multiplayer game that can be played solo.

TL;DR: Multiplayer is probably never coming.

20. davidh0501

davidh0501 Well-Known Member

"TL;DR: Multiplayer is probably never coming."
    Good.
    More important priorities to be fixed before introducing more bugs.

• Like Like x 5
  21. tsw2

tsw2 Well-Known Member

If DTG does not address the huge buffer/derailment issue they introduced in TSW2 then I'm speechless

• Like Like x 4
  22. Scorpion71

Scorpion71 Well-Known Member

Expected bugs seem to be getting reported so will just sit back with my popcorn and watch it all unfold and see how the fixes on the list get dealt with and the timeframe in which these are dealt with.

At the minute my wallet is thanking me for staying closed, but I'm saying to wallet, give it a chance, you never know

• Like Like x 3
  23. AVeryFatElf

AVeryFatElf Well-Known Member

Time for you to get off your high horse.

The reason people are upset/complaining is because there's a lot of unhappy customers who have been jerked around in terms of time and investment financially. I myself bought into the franchise believing it would get better over time and whilst there has been improvements here and there, the series has been lacking and for DTG to be asking their loyal customer base to buy what is essentially (IMHO) an update plus DLC, it doesn't sit well with me. As i've said countless times, it gatekeeps future DLC unless you buy TSW3. If they were more transparent with their customers, if they are on a tight budget or something then they should tell as as perhaps more of their core userbase will be happy to keep investing but at the moment it just feels like they are being needlessly greedy.

• Like Like x 6
  24. JetWash

JetWash Well-Known Member

That user hasn’t even been registered on the forums for a month yet so they need a bit of time to see the real DTG in action. We have this glossy DTG every couple of years where it all sounds positive but normal operations will be resumed in double quick time. Just ignore them for now.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2022
    • Like Like x 4