South Eastern High Speed Extended Feedback

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by londonmidland, Sep 2, 2022.

1. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

Morning guys.

This thread is intended to discuss any feedback, both good and bad, as well any issues or bugs occurred, for the SEHS Extended route.

Screenshots are allowed, as long as it is relevant to the thread.

Thanks all.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2022
    • Like Like x 5
  2. RedBandit#9000

RedBandit#9000 Member

Car stop markers are missing at Greenhithe for Bluewater, this is a pretty major issue on DTG's end. Hope that they see this and add them in

• Like Like x 7
  3. CrAzZyKiLLa

CrAzZyKiLLa Well-Known Member

From what seen on stream so far this morning and some playtime on PC steam release is as follows:

Issues/Negative/Requires improvement

1) No traffic on the motorway on the HS1 section.
    2) In the new menu UI there are now 3 class 66's, its hard to tell which one is from which DLC. However, the old loco's do not have the new update Class 66 AP sounds, so its difficult to pick the new correct loco (which seems to be the second one).
    3) Distant scenary does not seem to be that improved, very noticable at Hoo Junction that only has one treeline.
    4) Class 465 external front PIS is now incorrect, it shouldnt scroll and should be in capital letters.
    5) I feel that there are to many passengers with baseball hats and the colours are abit to crazy which is not good for immersion.
    6) 16:30 and stations lights are not on and its pitch black. Seems lighting times need a tweak in winter months.
    7) AI does not appear to have their PIS set. It appears blank, especially on kent bound services.
    8) 375 sounds are abit to quiet, also the horn sound can become glitchy like on the BML 377.
    9) Dont see any of the SoS fixes ingame, wonder if these are due on the 6th? (No custom liveries or B&C coaches, LLS still rains through roof)
    10) No raindrops on the Class 66 windows.
    11) Lightning bolts to often appear very close to the player.
    12) December is still classed as an Autumn month instead of winter, meaning leaves still on trees in the snow.
    13) PIS screen/controller in the 375 does not work.
    14) Generally just find the daylight far to bright which washes out all of the colours. This is very noticable on full cloud skys.
    15) SoS Headlamps and tail-lamps are difficult to see now/not bright enough. The tail lights dont look red anymore.
    16) The lighting is just to bright!

Positive/Done Well

1) The Ashford depot looks nice and busy and is well modeled including the appropriate and accurate branding.
    2) Nice to see alot of the yards, sidings and other areas on the route now have static stock.
    3) Alot of the rollingstock now have the wheel motion blur fix which is noticable.
    4) Really enjoying the dynamic weather. Had a fantastic steam tour run on SEHS. Started out purple sky, then heavy rain and thunder and at the end clearing up into a nice night sky.

Will add more to this post as find more.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2022
    • Like Like x 13
  4. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

BR Class 375 Feedback (PS5)
    • Sound in the cab is barely audible and cuts out, just like the sound on the BR Class 377 does on London Commuter. The sound is clearly a direct port with no effort to fix the feedback given for the Class 377 cab sound when London Commuter launched.
    • The external sound level is too low. Needs to be higher.
    • The PIS on the Class 375 is comically large to the extent the tail of the lowercase G in Gillingham is cut off when it scrolls past.

• Like Like x 9
  5. 66050

66050 Active Member

Strange semi circles appear underneath both wagons and class 66 whilst moving…
    9A5254B3-2112-4A2F-B76C-8D7367BD769B.png

6. marcsharp2

marcsharp2 Well-Known Member

The menu on the 375 isn't interactive IMG_20220902_105953.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  7. ethanafro#1375

ethanafro#1375 Active Member

What's happened to the Rainham terminators? Does this mean that Higham is now basically closed as the only services it gets is the Rainham terminators???

• Like Like x 1
  8. Greyhound

Greyhound Member

Agreed. Needs to be clearer which loco is the newest, most updated Class 66.

• Like Like x 8
  9. KMAN

KMAN Well-Known Member

The TSW2 services where faking Thameslink services. TSW3 has these removed as there is no 700.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  10. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

To add to this, PIS didn’t seem to be appearing on AI services, from what I could see.

• Like Like x 2
  11. AtherianKing

AtherianKing Well-Known Member

Something thats been needed since TSW2, especially with the 7ish Dostos

• Like Like x 9
  12. pendolino18

pendolino18 Active Member

I've found that the PIS on most trains in SEHS is not showing. London bound services seem to show it but anything heading into Kent has a blank destination board.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  13. There should be a couple of high speed services that call at Higham?

14. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

15. Pookiebarra

Pookiebarra Active Member

1J19 DOVER TO ST P External camera in tunnels is like a high speed crash

16. bart2day

bart2day Well-Known Member

How long is it going to take them to make this bloody 700 that everyone keeps on about?! London Commuter was released a year ago and we needed it then!

• Like Like x 4
  17. dosto762

dosto762 Well-Known Member

Removing Rainham terminus train seems suspiciously like a 700 might be in development

• Like Like x 4
  18. KMAN

KMAN Well-Known Member

https://live.dovetailgames.com/live/train-sim-world/articles/article/tsw3-sehs-a-timetable-deep-dive
    DTG mention in the article linked above that they wanted the Timetable to be as realisitc as possible to the 2019 NR Timetable. They left space for a future 700 DLC by levaing space in the Timetable. Nothing confirmed but better to leave space than fake something which may later cause issues if they want to add the 700.

• Like Like x 1
  19. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

It’s more likely as a result of people telling DTG that they do not want to see fake services.

It is strange though since they removed the Rainham services but added in TGV services…

• Like Like x 7
  20. AtherianKing

AtherianKing Well-Known Member

I imagine there’s more of a push and reason to remove wrong Ai than remove drivable services that are off

one being no element other than wrong scenery where as the other has gameplay

21. They could have thrown in a couple of 465 runs from Gillingham atleast.

• Like Like x 1
  22. photonmonkey

photonmonkey Well-Known Member

Sittingbourne must have some unique coating on the platforms as it never seems to get wet even in torrential downpours!

23. LocoRail_NL-EMU-

LocoRail_NL-EMU- New Member

Wow no save game ability on ps4 and others oke i understand the ongoing issues with ssometimes the red light but what happened to me on the ps4 pro i played that journey with the hst on the uk track and just before the end of the route it crashes the game seriously? I have to start all over again look a 4 day early acces is nice but i prefer to have a good running game on september 6 then a crashy game on september 2 however i do see alot of improvements being made so im happy with the game just got really upset of the crash i hope you can fix this because it really ruins it and thus makes the game unplayable want more details just ask keep up the good work and try hard to fix crashes and glitches and this just might be the coolest train game ever on consoles ;) best regards and greetings from the netherlands ( a loyal fan)

24. The dust in the air from kemsley paper mill soaks up the rain before it hits the ground.

• Like Like x 4
  25. glenn.doig

glenn.doig Member

Saw on a stream earlier that deep snow was showing on the trackbed in the first proper tunnel between Gillingham & Chatham when it should obviously not be there

26. ethanafro#1375

We can only bloody hope. Next roadmap???

• Like Like x 1
  27. ethanafro#1375

That was what i was thinking cause it used to be Charing X-Gillingham then was replaced by the TL services. Like how about just changing what trains can run what services if the 700 comes in. Like starting it with the 465 then changing the service to the 700 if that makes sense

28. ethanafro#1375

No Javelins. There's 2 or 3 trains in each direction at peak but nothing outside rush hour & even at rush hour it's only 1 direction

• Like Like x 1
  29. ethanafro#1375

Was driving the 395 earlier on a St Pancras- Maidstone West service at the destination kept changing. First it said "Strood", then when i uncoupled at St P, it changed to "Not in service" then it changed to "Faversham" "The next stop is Chatham". It looked like it ended up setting itself up for the next service, not for the Maidstone one

• Like Like x 1
  30. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

Licensing buddy. And even if they have a license, it doesn't mean they can create the train. The thameslink license was unobtainable until recently, idk how far ago it was.

31. Modders have managed to sub services. So yea it would just be a case of (If) we get a class 700, they can just swap the 465 for the 700 on tl services. Maybe there's more too it than that?

32. bart2day

bart2day Well-Known Member

You do realise they released the train for TSC only 6 months ago and they have the Thameslink license.

• Like Like x 4
  33. rennekton#1349

yea I know. But it is still a recently gotten license and they were working on other stuff. Just cuz they have a license doesn't mean they will make something right away

34. Dave Mel

Dave Mel Well-Known Member

what has happend to rush hour passengers. i just did a run from Ashford to to st pancrack on HS 1 with one passenger onboard and he got off at Ebbsfleet. grrrrr.
    on other thing the LZB tutorial is not working right for me tried it 3 times and it wouldnt let me finish it, i got to the finish station in germany but no points and no finish

im using a PS 5

35. coursetim

coursetim Well-Known Member

I think a 700 is more likely in tsw3 because they aren't coupling loco dlc to routes and there are sizeable inserts to both BML and SEHS now. Would fit the new model better

• Like Like x 5
  36. Greyhound

Greyhound Member

I know this isn’t a suggestions/wish list thread, but I do hope we see the Class 700… especially now that the space has been freed up for it.

• Like Like x 3
  37. Its probably already done.

• Like Like x 2
  38. MYG92

MYG92 Well-Known Member

I think the electricity bill must be paid in due time:
    F3456A97-9EC7-4700-9890-A8306BB13984.jpeg

39. dan5324

dan5324 Active Member

So are the sounds the same as TSW2, specifically the 395?

40. leewood83

leewood83 Member

Done the Javelin throw scenario and a return journey from St Pancras to Ashford was decent enough barring some daylight clipping into tunnels too early on way to Ashford from Ebbsfleet.
    Did have a huge drop in framerate down as low as 15 fps final mile from Ebbsfleet into Ashford International apart from that no issues but have only driven the 395. On PS5

• Like Like x 3
  41. acro

acro Active Member

A few things that bugged me. There are a couple of issues and oversights with lighting I noticed while playing. (Sorry for picture dump.) 20220902204024_1.jpg
    20220902205717_1.jpg

As a side note, while I understand St. Pancras' international platforms are not the main focus it looks incredibly odd having the canopy be pitch black at night.

20220902205546_1.jpg untitled-3_1.jpg

Finally, the model of the tunnel portal mismatching the size of the CTRL Thames Tunnel is an irritating oversight.
    20220902203328_1.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  42. Champsith

Champsith Member

I had some green/white flashes appearing sporadically around dawn time seemed to be near signals or sometimes at random, but this went away as soon as the sun was up not sure if the sun rising was causing this.

43. Dave Mel

Dave Mel Well-Known Member

i have noticed in some scenarios and timetable service that when you stop at some platforms and open the doors the passengers on the platforms freeze dont even move. when i shut the doors the passengers start moving and try to get on the train. so ive opened the doors again and they get on. ive sat on the platform passed departure time to see it the frozen passengers move even with the doors open but no they dont move until i shut the doors. wierd lol. using PS 5. i can understand that the passengers dont want this train and probably waiting for another train but they are frozen solid and not even moving there heads or arms

44. glenn.doig

glenn.doig Member

The two tunnels between Stratford & Ebbsfleet seem to have a snow ingress issue...

20220902212325_1.jpg 20220902212932_1.jpg

45. surreychuff#3060

surreychuff#3060 Active Member

I think we would have had it by now if there weren’t the performance issues with London Commuter; they left gaps for the Thameslink services in that route and have now created gaps for it in SEHS, so fingers crossed it’s coming soon as it’ll be a welcome addition!!

That and it’s recent release on TSC hopefully mean it’ll come to TSW3 SOOOOOOON :)

• Like Like x 2
  46. richardwwoodward

richardwwoodward Active Member

Has anyone noticed how the audio loop for the class 375 has a gap in it? When the loop reaches the end it has a 1/4 second gap which, once you notice, is impossible to unhear. I can’t stand using the 375 now because the audio is so bad

• Like Like x 4
  47. vitt77

vitt77 New Member

Hi,
    i found the updated Sehs very beautiful to see and very enjoyable. The rain on the glass is finally realistic. A step forward.

• Like Like x 1
  48. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

It’s because it’s an exact copy of the 377 audio on London Commuter. That does the same thing. I’ve reported the 377 audio issue more than once and, well, it’s still broken. :(

• Like Like x 2
  49. rennekton#1349

They have changed the sounds inside (rattles more prominent i guess) and out (very noticeable at speed). The horn also gets louder at high speed just like the real train.

50. LimitedEdiition

LimitedEdiition Well-Known Member

It's not an exact copy, it's even worse because it's missing the motor melodies when the train decelerates. When you slow down, it's just track noise no motor notes.

The Class 66 is also missing raindrops on its windshield, so something is messed up there.

Also if you drive the 465 at night, you can see the sparks reflecting off the speed dial inside your cab. Maybe there is some occlusion settings that need tweaking. The AI 465s also leave their cab lights on all the time.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2022
    • Like Like x 4