We Neeed More Graphic Options

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by MikeyMike, Sep 2, 2022.

1. MikeyMike

MikeyMike New Member

This has been talked about for ages now. TSW graphic options need more scalability for PC users. Seriously, I don't understand why are you guys so deaf to our requests in this regard. It has been proven how much more we can get by simply editing engine.ini so what's the point of limiting graphical options for us?

Shadows and object distance limits break down immersion.

This is hurting PC user base.

• Like Like x 2
  2. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

Matt has said that because of how the graphics menu was built, changing it in any way will basically break it. It is very fragile which is why they can't add stuff to it. It would require a rebuild but it's not going to be any time soon.

3. Mischief

Mischief Member

On Series x, there is an option to toggle between HD and 4K. DTG JD do you think it is possible to add a QHD, 1440p option?

I switched to HD earlier while driving the ICE3 to improve frame rate, which did work but HD is extremely blurry

• Like Like x 2
  4. JPS

JPS Member

Once upon a time, many moons ago, I requested the option to have a smaller HUD. I can tweak the engine.ini, but that also makes the markers on-screen smaller and misplaces them, thus creating another problem.
    It's quite annoying on a 55 inch screen running 4K to have the HUD in my face the size of a wall clock.

5. orb

orb Well-Known Member

But wasn't the UI what was rebuilt just recently with TSW3? Also, as in some of bug reports, there was a missing graphics setting in the console builds, which should be there (motion blur), so having different sets of graphics settings displayed on console vs PC is very possible.

• Like Like x 1
  6. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

Yea. But regarding the graphics menu, they said it's more fragile and can break easily if they try to add new stuff to it. I know they want to add more graphics options

7. MikeyMike

MikeyMike New Member

I know my way around the code a bit and honestly this sounds like a poor excuse. Unless somebody explains me how putting more values, that control numerical assignment of UE variables, will break UI I call that statement bullshit

• Like Like x 3