Platinum Trophy Is Too Easy To Obtain

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Mikey_9835, Sep 3, 2022.

1. Mikey_9835

Mikey_9835 Well-Known Member

I know this isn't really something that can be fixed but TSW 3 has one of the easiest Platinum trophies I've ever collected.

For contrast in TSW 2 one of the hardest trophies was to drive 10,000 miles with any train; In TSW 3 that was reduced to a mere 500 miles which I completed straight away by transferring my profile.

Apparently 1.2% of PS5 players who own the game have the platinum which is extremely high for a game that is -4 days old. Only 0.1% of TSW 2 players on PS5 have the TSW 2 Platinum and that version of the game has been out for a year!

It sounds like a weird complaint I know but earning a Platinum should be a challenge and feel rewarding so as a trophy hunter I'm kinda dissapointed.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I don't think DTG ever really 'got' trophies, how they related to the sense of achievement in a game or how they can provide a great incentive to keep playing a game for an extended timeframe. Let's hope they put a bit more effort and imagination into the DLC trophies going forward.

3. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

The trophies on TSW 3 are BORING.

I unlocked 8 or 9 without even trying earlier today.

4. WipEout_F7200#3763

WipEout_F7200#3763 Member

Honestly I'm in two minds over it.
    Yes I agree there should be a challenge, but at the same time it can be a pain that can really ruin gaming experiences when people encounter the impossible. As people get older, they get jobs, have families and so on, that they don't have the time to sit down and aim for really long winded trophies...

Let's use TSW2020 as an example,
    • A trophy requires all services on a route to be cleared. At first glance you'd think that won't take long... WRONG!!!
    • You notice that each service in a given route takes up to an hour or more, let's say you had one or two hours game time a day, and didn't play anything else, meaning you'd clear about one route per day, perhaps two or three on a rest day
    • Now imagine a route has... Idk 300+ services, you've spent an entire year clearing that route (buy which time tsw2 has came out), you get to the final service and... Dun dun durrr, the trophy you were aiming for didn't unlock (true story) and the only way to get it is to start over... How would you feel? (Like turning into the incredible hulk I imagine)
    • So basically a reduced difficulty that requires you to do less than usual is a relief.
    Just one example... Though, I lost my trail of thought typing this so if it don't make sense you know why.

• Like Like x 5
  5. Manfonse

Manfonse Active Member

We had a nightmare on the first game with trophies. Absolute hell to get the platinum, a few of us in here managed it.

TSW2 made it less difficult, but still very challenging and got that Plat too.

TSW3 they literally haven’t tried. Just pinged a few trophies for a plat. I’ll enjoy going for all the group trophies though.

• Like Like x 3
  6. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

I never want to back to the first TSW trophy list EVER lol

all Rapid Transit services nearly finished me off, plus the bugged NEC freight one that we all completed but only got fixed in TSW2020 ha ha

• Like Like x 1
  7. arek#2842

arek#2842 Well-Known Member

I think TSW2 has trophies balanced just optimally, because you will unlock all of eventually if you'll be just enjoying the game, while some of them still stood like a challange. Here, in TSW3, they look like being added just to be added. Even if you start you adventure with TSW3 you'll be able to collect them in few days.

• Like Like x 3
  8. forteanjo

forteanjo Active Member

I started a new profile for TSW3 and, so far, I've stuck to "Spirit of Steam" to give myself a bit more of a challenge.

9. moofeen#2182

moofeen#2182 Active Member

Y do people still care about trophies they don’t do anything literally nothing

• Like Like x 1
  10. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

They add a sense of progression and achievement to an otherwise directionless process that has no real end point. If you're happy to bimble through services until the end of time without ever reaching any kind of completion, that's great for you, but don't assume everyone has the same mindset. There's a very good reason that Trophies and Achievements are a thing, and a very important thing at that – to most game creators.

Some people also value spelling and grammar. It takes all kinds to make a [Train Sim] World. :)

Last edited: Sep 5, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  11. moofeen#2182

moofeen#2182 Active Member

Apologies if you took it that way but I was just speaking for myself and was actually wondering why

12. MadEdders

MadEdders Active Member

TSW1 was a nightmare to plat (never fully did it, although I plan on returning one day) but TSW2 felt like a perfect plat. Not too difficult, just grindy but if you have other DLCs and concentrate on their respective trophies, you'll rack up a lot on the base game. TSW3 I think goes down the route of making the plat easy so it's not a distraction for players. Which is fair, but feels a lot emptier.

• Like Like x 2