Rhine Railway: Mannheim - Karlsruhe + Frankfurt High Speed

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ayumi, Sep 2, 2022.

1. ayumi

ayumi New Member

Would like to know if the route Rhine Railway: Mannheim - Karlsruhe + Frankfurt High Speed is a good buy? I've seen that the reviews are very different and I'm a bit confused... I was also thinking about buying the DB BR 407 https://vidmate.cool/, DB Regio - Twindexx vario and the BR 430 for variety. Do you think the route is worth it? Thanks in advance!

Last edited: Sep 25, 2022
  2. ex_railwayman

ex_railwayman Active Member

Yes, I think the route(s) are worth it, you need the Mannheim route first and then add the Frankfurt High Speed extension on afterwards, I've just noticed on Steam you can buy the twin pack for about £25 which would save you a few pounds. I'm sure the German community upgraded the Karlsruhe - Mannheim section awhile ago, have a look on their website, it'll be a free upgrade, and they always do a good job of enhancing all the DTG routes that they have worked on over the years.
    Below is a 2D map of the combined sections. Karlsruhe is at the bottom Mannheim in the middle and extended up to Frankfurt. It's quite a long run altogether you can operate ICE trains, inter-regionals, continental trains and fast and slow freights the whole length, there are some big yards to fill up with your wagons and lots of stations to stop at, the scenery is very good, some of the signals and magnets I think were not in the correct places and were a bit wonky originally. I haven't driven all the scenarios so can't give any feedback on how good they are, nor, if they work properly.
    I don't have all the EMUs that you wish to have, read the reviews on each one individually to see what they are like, you can obviously run anything you have on any route, it's your choice.

Cheerz. Steve.

Frankfurt High Speed to Karslruhe 2D map.jpg

Last edited: Sep 3, 2022