Ts19: Return Of North Wales, Soon…

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by TrainSim-James, Oct 12, 2018.

1. TrainSim-James

TrainSim-James Staff Member

[​IMG]

North Wales Coastal was exclusive to Train Simulator 2018, however, now that Train Simulator 2019 has been released, we will be bringing North Wales Coastal to you as a standalone route next week

READ MORE

2. Gordon7000

Gordon7000 Active Member

James, what do you mean, 'This route will be available to purchase next week...? It was included with the previous issue of Train Simulator and should be included free of charge to all those who purchased TS2018 or the Add-On. If you exclude this route, it leaves open the possibility that you will exclude other routes from future releases of Train Simulator and will expect people to pay again for something they've already bought.

3. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

They haven't said they're removing the DLC from anyone who already has it, only that it will be available as a separate DLC for those who bought TS2019 (and probably 17/16 etc)

4. Gordon7000

Gordon7000 Active Member

Yes, I believe that's what James intended to say. However, his message gave the impression that this route was 'exclusive' to TS2018, and therefore could be used with TS2018 alone - otherwise it would need to be purchased again. The fact that those of us who had previously purchased the route would still be able to use it in TS2019 was not at all clear from the message. I'm sorry if my legal mind read more into the message than James intended.

5. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

It doesn't mention it as a DLC at all, but those of us who've looked at their library through steam see it as a separate DLC rather than part of the core.

6. TrainSim-Luke

TrainSim-Luke Well-Known Member

Hi.
    To clear up any confusion, North Wales Coastal was exclusive to TS2018, you could not buy it separately. You could only get it by buying the TS2018 base package.
    Now that Train Simulator 2019 is released, North Wales Coastal is no longer included in the base package. This does not mean we're removing it from anybody's install.
    From next week, you will be able to buy North Wales Coastal as a separate DLC if you didn't get it by buying TS2018.

• Helpful Helpful x 2
  7. Gordon7000

Gordon7000 Active Member

Thank you, Luke. That clarifies the situation perfectly.

8. plasot

plasot New Member

No extension to Holyhead? :( I know it could be boring but come on I wanna stop at Llanfairpwllsomethingsomething!