Pis Has Problems All Over Tsw 3

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Task, Sep 4, 2022.

1. Task

Task Well-Known Member

First of all you did a very nice job on TSW 3, I enjoyed most of what I played for now and haven't spotted many larger issues actually. There is only one thing that's pretty bad all over the TSW 3 routes: Passenger Information Systems. Let me name some examples.

Kassel - Würzburg
    • The ICE 1 PIS never has the real origin station of the service, it just shows the first on map stop in it. Also the "nach" and "Weitere Stationen" data should be the other way around.
      upload_2022-9-4_10-57-52.png
    • Some ICE 1 PIS screens have even bigger problems like ICE 776 for example.
      upload_2022-9-4_10-56-7.png
    • Then we have services like the ICE 374 where the destination doesn't even work on the platform departure boards. upload_2022-9-4_11-1-36.png
    • Next up we have the ICE 3. The outside displays of it show nothing anymore (at least on player services, some AI only trains show something), but you also can't set the destination in the cab like before (in HMA and SKA). This is a serious downgrade.
      upload_2022-9-4_11-11-36.png
    • The inside displays in the ICE 3 also have several problems: they show "ICE" twice, the coach number isn't the same as outside (both aren't correct for ICE 3 trains btw, they usually have a number between 20 and 39 iirc), it also only shows on map stations (neither real origin nor real destination) and even more strange: it shows Kassel twice and then "Not In Service" as the destination. Those screens also only work in the wagon with the cab, nowhere else.
      upload_2022-9-4_11-4-0.png
    • The large inside displays look even more wrong, I don't know where to start: the font is all over the place, the data problems are the same as they are with the small ones, it should be "Nächste Station", not "Nächster Station" and some more stuff, please compare to your sources again.
    • Regional services don't have intermediate stops on the platform departure boards.
    (more pictures in my next post and I will continue with SEH there as I already reached the limit here)

To DTG: I hope you'll be able to fix the issues and not leave them as they are now.

To the rest of the community: please feel free to add more to this thread when you found additional PIS problems.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2022
    • Like Like x 23
  2. Task

Task Well-Known Member

Picture for the large ICE 3 inside screens upload_2022-9-4_11-14-3.png

• Like Like x 5
  3. Task

Task Well-Known Member

Southeastern Highspeed
    • The Class 465 and 375 PIS fonts are a real downgrade to the ones before, they don't look anywhere near real anymore and to add to that what you chose there is pretty ugly too.
    • The Class 465 and 375 PIS now have a backlit glow, I don't think that's how LED screens work in reality.
    • The Class 465 PIS is empty on AI services.

• Like Like x 7
  4. Task

Task Well-Known Member

Oh and the Kassel - Würzburg AI only stuff also has some problems. I never saw a BR 146 show a destination until now. And the dostos destinations boards are pretty dark.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Yosh1saurus

Yosh1saurus Member

On some services through Ashford Int'l, the PIS is set to Ashford Int'l. All station stops are listed, but the terminus is set as Ashford.
    Also, if a time is XX:X0, the 0 doesn't appear

• Like Like x 3
  6. Task

Task Well-Known Member

The KWG timetable has many services with multiple train numbers. Sadly the current iteration of platform departure boards doesn't really work with those long service numbers. The rest of the number even overflows into the "Folgezüge" which looks pretty strange.

upload_2022-9-4_11-23-26.png

• Like Like x 3
  7. Task

Task Well-Known Member

Pretty sure that's not the case, no.

8. Task

Task Well-Known Member

Some ICE services on KWG appear on the PIS multiple times, here is an example of ICE 23 in Würzburg.
    upload_2022-9-4_11-29-28.png

• Like Like x 2
  9. Xaineth

Xaineth New Member

I also noticed that some PIS on the ICE 3 are just black screens. Usually it’s all of them but the one in the driver’s cab.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Task

Task Well-Known Member

Ah yeah thank you for adding that, I noticed the same thing but forgot to mention it here, I will add this in my post above.

• Like Like x 3
  11. hannah12

hannah12 Member

Here I have a reference image of a real ICE1 if you're interested

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 5
  12. animatiker

animatiker Active Member

One thing about the station PIS which already bothered me in TSW2: in reality the displays show only some selected intermediate stations (or cities as suffixes like Hbf are often omitted for long distance services), while in TSW it tries to display all stations, so only the next 2 or 3 fit and the rest is cut off, often in the middle of the name.
    Also, displays with just one segment don't switch between the next train and Folgezüge, but just show the next train all the time. Folgezüge are just shown when the display has 2 segments.
    Hope things like this could be fixed some time.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Cash

Cash Well-Known Member

1. On SEHX, both driveable and AI services do not show off world destinations. For example, if my service is going to Margate, then the train destination would show "Ashfield International", which is completely wrong. [​IMG]
    2. As mentioned previously, certain AI class 395 and class 465 services do not show their destination. I have attached screenshots below.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Some PIS boards at St Pancras show very incorrect information, they say "St Pancras Intl." which they shouldn't be doing. [​IMG]

For me personally, these issues are really immersion breaking, and I'm disapointed to see these types of issues come up again and again. I really hope these can be fixed.

• Like Like x 10
  14. Task

Task Well-Known Member

This ICE 1 PIS screen looks even worse (service ICE 275), no idea what happens here upload_2022-9-4_12-26-39.png

• Like Like x 4
  15. hannah12

hannah12 Member

I noticed,even when I´m at kassel wilhelmshöhe it shows Kassel wilhelmshöhe as next stop 20220904123335_1.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  16. hannah12

hannah12 Member

Also even when I´m too early it displays that I´m late

• Like Like x 5
  17. AlexNL

AlexNL Well-Known Member

At Stratford International, the side displays on Class 395s show "This train calls at , and St Pancras International" for trains heading towards London. It looks like the code doesn't take into account that it shouldn't show ", and" when the train is at its penultimate stop.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Aran

Aran Well-Known Member

Just to add to this, what Task said is mostly correct. ICE 3 sets use number 21-29 and 31-39 for the length of the train. This means that somewhere along the train they skip a number which I believe is Number X5 but I'm not sure. Either way the numbering is completely wrong and while I can live with 1-8 the numbers on the outside are not acceptable with 51 being there twice, 47 three times and there being no clear cohesion between coaches.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Aran

Aran Well-Known Member

Yeah I had a look at what I believe to be the code for showing it and it's way too simple and doesn't take any special conditions into account. That's why it also says "Calling at Ebbsfleet Intl, Stratford Intl, and St Pancras Intl" because it is only set up for {Calling Stations}, {Final Station}.

It's a lot worse than the one on the BML stock which is really disapointing because it should have been possible to just copy the code.

20. Aran

Aran Well-Known Member

Another thing is the PIS colour on the ICE 3: The ICE depicted is the redesign vesion and this is visible in both the cab, interior and headlights. The PIS itself, when it does work in extremely rare cases, also seems to be a replication of the real life redesign ICE 3 in terms of setup. But the colour is wrong, completely wrong. It should be a bright orange, slightly yellowish, but it is red which is the colour used for the old displays on the non-redesign ICE 3(M)s. I have attached an image showing the PIS on Unit 403 022 which has gotten it's redesign.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 4, 2022
  21. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

I may be wrong but playing with the ice mfi screen you don’t seem to be able change locations

• Like Like x 1
  22. Aran

Aran Well-Known Member

Yes that is correct, they seem to have decided that is is completely acceptable to remove that functionality as the same has been done on the Class 375. This should also be reverted as there is no reason to have it like it is with the player not being able to set it up themselves. As seen on the BML Class 377 and 387 it is very possible for the via stops to still be shown completely even if the player sets the final destination themselves. Where it would say "Würzburg Hbf, Nürnberg Hbf, München Hbf" it would then instead say "Würzburg Hbf, Nürnberg Hbf, Mannheim Hbf" if the player sets the destination to Mannheim Hbf. Like I said, this worked flawlessly on the BML stock so there's no reason to not do it here too.

• Like Like x 3
  23. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

This is what I don’t get …..

is it a case of “they might not notice” OR “we forgot to add”

it’s that whole consistency of feature piece

24. Aran

Aran Well-Known Member

I have also done some digging and found a few images of the ICE 1 PIS in real life which should help fixing the issue. I did have to look for them, but they really weren't hard to find, so I don't know how they managed to get it as wrong as they did.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  25. TimTri

TimTri Well-Known Member

I’m having a great time with TSW3 so far. The only thing that basically never works properly is the PIS.

Lots of graphical and grammatical issues with the British and German trains, and sometimes the PIS just doesn’t work at all (especially on AI trains). German platform PIS also likes to show delays despite being perfectly on time.

All of that has been described in detail in the many comments above me already. I don’t know what went wrong as the PIS looked alright in the early preview streams. Hopefully just a small typo in the core that can be fixed quickly!

• Like Like x 3
  26. Aran

Aran Well-Known Member

Pretty much everything we've seen here was also present in the preview streams, but it was hard to notice because they didn't focus on it so you'd only really see if you were looking for it. It's not a core thing, it's setup on all trains individually, which means all will have to be revised, some more so than others.

27. Xaineth

Xaineth New Member

A roadmap is expected next week I assume? If so, then I hope someone or a few people ask about the PIS during the stream so it gets DTG attention.

I’m not particularly hopeful that they read these posts as it looks like, in my eyes, only respond to “big” issues and the PIS might not be one of them.

28. Isaak

Isaak Well-Known Member

I really hope PIS fixes are finally on November's roadmap. I still can't get my mind over the fact that DTG was able to remove an existing functionality from e.g. the ICE3.

29. Conductor B

Conductor B Well-Known Member

Since when did ICEs start running to Binz?