Google Maps

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Thijs053_NL, Oct 12, 2018.

1. Thijs053_NL

Thijs053_NL Active Member

Hey.

I can no longer use google maps in TS 2019 Because you have to pay for it now! How can I solve this?

2. rwaday

rwaday Well-Known Member

You need to set up an account. They will not charge you until you reach $200/month in use. You will never reach that amount per month for what you use in this game so it will virtually be at no cost. This is more for commercial users. So set up an account and enjoy.

• Like Like x 1
  3. ChooChooKeith

ChooChooKeith Active Member

This does not work. all it does is produce the blue circles and nothing happens . I have a 4.20 I7 16GB RAM Quad-Core. so the process and speed are not a problem. not sure why it does not produce the map. I have the google account setup and put in the key as well.

4. wolvestrains

wolvestrains Member

Sorry I am new to this, what do you use Google maps for? how do you do it?

5. ChooChooKeith

ChooChooKeith Active Member

I am stil trying to get to work. it lays a map in the editor so that you can use it to guide for Terrain and track and other things but it uses google maps which you have to have a google account and then recieve a key. you enter that key in the simulator under setting I believe. you enter the coordinates that you want to map. for instance Germany if you want to map Munich you put thos LAT and Long. in the compass in the editor and press Ctrl G .. this will start the process but the blue circles just keep going when I do that. it did lay a partial map though so not sure.

6. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Back to basics...
    Imagine you are trying to build a new route map, you want to accurately model your local area let's say Gloucester to Cheltenham Spa
    You COULD go to Gloucester with a wheel and measurement tools, take down GPS locations of all the local junctions, elevations, cuttings and god knows what else
    OR
    You could get a high res mapping system with all of these points mapped already AND all of the elevations etc and then build your route to that map

• Like Like x 2
  7. barspeed

barspeed New Member

Same here just now, spent four hours following a guide that was published in September 2021 - blue circles.